Anybody Watching the NHL Playoffs?

Nebula

I won't usually watch a regular season NHL game unless I'm actually at the rink (hockey is my second favorite sport to watch live) because there are just so many games and so many teams make the postseason anyways, but these guys go to war during the playoffs. Last night was a great example...equalizing goal scored with only a couple minutes left in the final period to send game seven into OT, and this after a furious onslaught by Montreal had been deterred by brilliant goal tending from the Bruin net minder. Tautly played, tangible tension on every puck possession...playoff hockey rocks!

Anybody watching with me?

I won't usually watch a regular season NHL game unless I'm actually at the rink (hockey is my second favorite sport to watch live) because there are just so many games and so many teams make the postseason anyways, but these guys go to war during the playoffs. Last night was a great example...equalizing goal scored with only a couple minutes left in the final period to send game seven into OT, and this after a furious onslaught by Montreal had been deterred by brilliant goal tending from the Bruin net minder. Tautly played, tangible tension on every puck possession...playoff hockey rocks!

Anybody watching with me?

Usually I watch some games, but I haven't seen any games on TV yet. What channel are they on? I've been watching the NBA playoffs everyday since it started though.

Well I was watching until the Pens blew it again last night. I've been a Penguins fan since I was 6 or 7. Now I have absolutely nothing to watch until football season :(

Ah, sorry brother. :( I've always liked the Penguins. You guys played really well though, considering the injuries to Malkin and Crosby. Most teams wouldn't even be competitive if they lost two players of that caliber.

Po: I've been watching a lot of the NBA playoffs this year, too. I was so disenchanted after my Sonics went the way of the Expos that I refused to watch the NBA for a while, but now I find myself rooting for OKC despite the fact that they took my team. (That's not exactly what happened. Who to Blame?)

The NHL playoffs are pretty much confined to Versus Mon-Fri night. On the weekends you'll get a couple of broadcasts on NBC, but for the most part you'll have to have Versus to see the games. (Or a bar close by with a good tv and extended cable. ;)) On COX digi in Omaha it's on channel 231 (1231 for HD.)

I'm pretty impressed by the Bolts coming out and handling the Caps like they are. Especially after grinding out a 7 game series against the Pens.

:boxosoap

What pisses me off about hockey is the lack of TV coverage. I go home at lunch and can watch some stupid foreign soccer league with a bunch of short-shorts wearing pansies that I've never heard of, but I can only see an AMERICAN hockey team that I like a few times a season?! :rant

I'm pretty impressed by the Bolts coming out and handling the Caps like they are. Especially after grinding out a 7 game series against the Pens.

:boxosoap

What pisses me off about hockey is the lack of TV coverage. I go home at lunch and can watch some stupid foreign soccer league with a bunch of short-shorts wearing pansies that I've never heard of, but I can only see an AMERICAN hockey team that I like a few times a season?! :rant

Yeah, I can't believe they swept Washington. For some reason, I always find myself rooting against Ovechkin and the Caps so I loved seeing that. They couldn't even take a game against them, and your Pens were able to fight to seven games without Crosby or Malkin. You can maybe take some grim satisfaction from that at least.

So, you're saying those shorts aren't cool?! I always thought people were laughing with me...

Huge hockey fan here (although the navy got me out of it when I was deploying 255 days out of a year for 5 yrs straight). Just couldn't keep up. Now retired, I am back rooting for the Red Wings once again and now have to learn the line once more.

They are playing on VS channel. If you have direct tv, that is channel 603.

My only thing now is that everytime there is a game on, I am having to be somewhere and miss them all. Got to watch their 2nd win in this series, but that is it. Wish I could DVR it, but don't have the capabilities.