Could you give up TV for a month?

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I been watching too damn much TV lately. Partly because of insomnia. But I think the insomnia is due to too much TV. So I'm gonna try to quit the tube for a month. Cold turkey.

I could quit TV, especially with the Internet. I actually watch very few shows, but those I watch I quite like:

Mythbusters

Dirty Jobs

Jamie at Home

Tyler's Ultimate

No Reservations

There's no way I could go cold turkey during football season. I'd asplode.

I could quit TV, especially with the Internet. I actually watch very few shows, but those I watch I quite like:

Mythbusters

Dirty Jobs

Jamie at Home

Tyler's Ultimate

No Reservations

There's no way I could go cold turkey during football season. I'd asplode.

I like Mythbusters. And sometimes watch Dirty Jobs (I've had a couple of those jobs.) But I haven't even heard of the other three.

For me its:

Archer

Lights Out

Justified

Law and Order

That is not a good idea with NBA playoffs and NHL playoffs in full swing.

pu&&y...I'd like to see you try this during college football season. :lol:

That's the thing. The Hawks just got eliminated from the NHL playoffs. I don't follow NBA. So I got nothin right now.

Of course I'll grant myself college football this fall. It would take too much time to drive to every game. :)

I really don't think I could give up TV. I don't really have many shows I watch regularly but for some reason I am still finding something to watch.

Yeah, I'm not sure I can go cold turkey. I'm a serious grazer of late night TV. btw, I'm mildly addicted to watching movies too. Which is where I got the line for that third choice, as I'm sure you recognize.

:lol:

I think the longest period I've gone without watching TV was a day or two if I'm not on vacation. Theres too many shows that I watch plus you have to throw in both the NCAA and NFL Football season, Hockey games that are available to watch, Cubs games, and UFC Pay Per Views that I enjoy watching. Plus when you own a 52" and a 55" HD Flat Panel TV's its hard not to watch TV :lol:

I been watching too damn much TV lately. Partly because of insomnia. But I think the insomnia is due to too much TV. So I'm gonna try to quit the tube for a month. Cold turkey.

What's going on? Talk to us.

Going on? Well, not much right now. No more spring ball. The Blackhawks are done for the year. We got this NFL strike thing going. OTOH, I've been real busy at work, at home I'm remodelling a downstairs rec room, and building a fence around my back yard. Plus my baby boy just learned how to walk, and can throw a ball!

I just think about how much time I waste watching TV. I could be doing more productive things. Like goofing around in the internets. /jk :lol:

Going on? Well, not much right now. No more spring ball. The Blackhawks are done for the year. We got this NFL strike thing going. OTOH, I've been real busy at work, at home I'm remodelling a downstairs rec room, and building a fence around my back yard. Plus my baby boy just learned how to walk, and can throw a ball!

I just think about how much time I waste watching TV. I could be doing more productive things. Like goofing around in the internets. /jk :lol:

exactly-you're too busy and are suffering from mature adulthood anxiety; self treating youuself by tuning out the world with t.v. There's is busy and then there is kid busy. It's the kind of busy that only people with kids can only understand. But t.v.,websurfing or gaming can electronically overstimulate your brain. Instead of quiting cold turkey, maybe you can do it maybe your setting yourself up for failure by choosing an unrealestic goal, maybe try turning the t.v. off for an hour at dinner and one hour before bedtime. Where should I send the bill? Lol. I am a longtime sufferer of insomnia

exactly-you're too busy and are suffering from mature adulthood anxiety; self treating youuself by tuning out the world with t.v. There's is busy and then there is kid busy. It's the kind of busy that only people with kids can only understand. But t.v.,websurfing or gaming can electronically overstimulate your brain. Instead of quiting cold turkey, maybe you can do it maybe your setting yourself up for failure by choosing an unrealestic goal, maybe try turning the t.v. off for an hour at dinner and one hour before bedtime. Where should I send the bill? Lol. I am a longtime sufferer of insomnia

Maybe you're right. But I made it one day without TV. I think a whole month is gonna be hard to do though.