CB Joe Williams [Baylor Commit]

Charles Jackson is light years ahead of Davie when it comes to the books.

f#*k i dont get it... just take care of your sh#t.....

I feel bad for these kids...until I remember how easy high school was. Moderate effort and you should be able to get a 3.0. Now if its ACT stuff then I can understand, but when it's just normal style grades then I do believe it boils down to effort. How bad do you want it boys?

I feel bad for these kids...until I remember how easy high school was. Moderate effort and you should be able to get a 3.0. Now if its ACT stuff then I can understand, but when it's just normal style grades then I do believe it boils down to effort. How bad do you want it boys?

ya know high school is easy for a lot of people and for some it isn't.. .for many school wasnt a priority with parents (if they were around) and a lot kids did not have that enphasis placed on education.... some kids arent that smart in some subjects... bad test takers, learning disabilities or whatever.......

so everycase is diffrent.. but what i dont get is that a lot of these kids who are good know they are good and pretty soon they can realize they might be able to get a scollie... when does this happen??? freshman/sophomore i guess if your really awesome or junior senior year type stuff... which means these kids have to bring up some bad grades they got when they were younger... but whatever the case the kids should know going to play football in college = getting decent grades... i dont know why this isn't stressed more or DRILLED into their brains

ya know high school is easy for a lot of people and for some it isn't.. .for many school wasnt a priority with parents (if they were around) and a lot kids did not have that enphasis placed on education.... some kids arent that smart in some subjects... bad test takers, learning disabilities or whatever.......

so everycase is diffrent.. but what i dont get is that a lot of these kids who are good know they are good and pretty soon they can realize they might be able to get a scollie... when does this happen??? freshman/sophomore i guess if your really awesome or junior senior year type stuff... which means these kids have to bring up some bad grades they got when they were younger... but whatever the case the kids should know going to play football in college = getting decent grades... i dont know why this isn't stressed more or DRILLED into their brains

I agree with you in theory. I think the problem is, some of these kids are such big shots at school and everything socially and athletically might come easy to them. They think they're invincible and that everything will work out in the end for them. They don't try too hard at sports, yet they're good. They just don't think they need to try hard at schoolwork.

You'd wish those h.s. coaches would make em hit the books real hard or they don't play. Look at Daniel Davie in track. That coach deserves some credit

I agree with you in theory. I think the problem is, some of these kids are such big shots at school and everything socially and athletically might come easy to them. They think they're invincible and that everything will work out in the end for them. They don't try too hard at sports, yet they're good. They just don't think they need to try hard at schoolwork.

You'd wish those h.s. coaches would make em hit the books real hard or they don't play. Look at Daniel Davie in track. That coach deserves some credit

so the coaches should really stress that no grades = no play

so the coaches should really stress that no grades = no play

This is probably so true, but at a lot of big time high schools the pressures to win, along with potentially ones job security, override a lot of coach's "moral" values. And I know not every coach of every D1 caliber kid is like this but in a lot of situations it is true. Whatever it takes to win, ain't that right Sweatervest?

If he can play this year, I believe he would go against last years class, which I believe not all spots were filled.

Correct.

i wonder how much his boy TM choice to come here affects him...

I think its only a matter of time.