Looking for a hotel that is very close to your campus

I am trying to plan a trip up to the opening game of the season. I would like to ask for any suggestios for a hotel that may be near the campus. I would prefer something by Marriott if possible, because I am loaded with rewards points from them. I am bringing my daughter up and want to have a really nice weekend for her to remember. I would be thankful for any suggestions on things that we might be able to do while in Lincoln, like local restaurants or shops, etc. we should try. Thanks in advance for your help.

I am trying to plan a trip up to the opening game of the season. I would like to ask for any suggestios for a hotel that may be near the campus. I would prefer something by Marriott if possible, because I am loaded with rewards points from them. I am bringing my daughter up and want to have a really nice weekend for her to remember. I would be thankful for any suggestions on things that we might be able to do while in Lincoln, like local restaurants or shops, etc. we should try. Thanks in advance for your help.

Your best bet is going to be The Cornhusker Hotel in downtown Lincoln. It is a Marriott hotel and is within walking distance of campus, Memorial Stadium and obviously everything downtown. I don't know about The Cornhusker, but we stayed at the Embassy Suites once for a game, and they had a pep rally in the atrium on gameday. It was a lot of fun. While I haven't been there myself, I hear Misty's is the restaurant to go to when in town for a game. The shops that are my regulars when we're down for games are Husker Headquarters, the Nebraska Bookstore, the University Bookstore in the Nebraska Union and the Husker Authentic Store right across from the stadium. There's always lots going on and it will surely be a weekend to remember for you and your daughter.

Your best bet is going to be The Cornhusker Hotel in downtown Lincoln. It is a Marriott hotel and is within walking distance of campus, Memorial Stadium and obviously everything downtown. I don't know about The Cornhusker, but we stayed at the Embassy Suites once for a game, and they had a pep rally in the atrium on gameday. It was a lot of fun. While I haven't been there myself, I hear Misty's is the restaurant to go to when in town for a game. The shops that are my regulars when we're down for games are Husker Headquarters, the Nebraska Bookstore, the University Bookstore in the Nebraska Union and the Husker Authentic Store right across from the stadium. There's always lots going on and it will surely be a weekend to remember for you and your daughter.

Embassy Suites is by far the best hotel in Lincoln! Great rooms, great atmosphere and I believe it is the closest hotel to Memorial Stadium. Also its right across from a movie theater and right along side the Haymarket area (which is kinda the place to be in Lincoln). Only thing is they could be sold out now, so i'd check.

Embassy Suites is by far the best hotel in Lincoln! Great rooms, great atmosphere and I believe it is the closest hotel to Memorial Stadium. Also its right across from a movie theater and right along side the Haymarket area (which is kinda the place to be in Lincoln). Only thing is they could be sold out now, so i'd check.

Also Mistys is right across the street.

I've heard rumors that Marriott may be dropping The Cornhusker. Apparently Marriott is hurting right now and they can't afford it. If you have Marriott points, I'd suggest using them in a hurry.

Yes I have heard this also. Plus, I dont know if your reward points would work in Lincoln during a husker football weekend. Some consider it a 'special event' so discounts/rewards points are invalid for that weekend. Dont know for sure but it wouldnt suprise me.

Also Mistys is right across the street.

Yep Embassy is the best one I know of and block parties nearby.

First of all, I would like to say thanks to all of you for you input. I have heard nothing but great things about Nebraska fans as I am located only about 30 minutes from Troy University. I grew up watching Troy in Div. 2 and make their way to Div. 1A football. The fans I have spoken to have said nothing but great things about Nebraska's fans. I played football at Chattanooga in the mid 1980s. We were a much more formidable opponent in those days as we went toe to toe with Florida State, Auburn an Georgia Tech in those days. My former coach at Chattanooga is now the General Manager of the Buffalo Bills Buddy Nix, he was a good football man. We had a pretty good program for years but at this level, if a coach has success, he doesnt stay around very long and opts for the big money.These quick coaching turn arounds is what destroyed our program. Coach Russ Huesman is a former player and a class act. You guys want have much of a problem with us, but you will see a very disciplined team that will always play with class and I am very proud of that. I am taking this an opportunity to spend a nice weekend with my daughter(17 years old) as we always try to go to one Chattanooga home game and one away game. We went to the Auburn game last year and watched Scam Newton run all over the place, sorry for the dig, but I could resist. After all, I am in the heart of Auburn country where I live here in Dothan, Al. in Southeast Alabama. I am trying to get a hotel reservation , tickets and air line reservations within the next month. I would like to stay walking distance from most attractions there in Lincoln , because I would rather not even have to rent a car. I would rather take cabs or whatever from the Airport. Thanks for the great suggestions and trust me, I am taking notes. And yes, I would love to tailgate with you guys, if I could figure out how, I would even bring some good old Alabama moonshine up there, but dont know if I can make it through the pat down in the airport with that under my coat. Lets keep in touch, because I would love to hang with some of you, I will even kick in for the food and drinks. Our little team is honored and excited to be your first opponent under a new conference affilation for you guys. You guys take care and I look forward to my first visit to Nebraska. Go Mocs....

I've stayed at the cornhusker numerous times and while the embassy is nicer, the cornhusker is no slouch. Still a great location and if you have points to burn I would check there. Plus its a short walk from a real nice family lounge called the "Night Before", its a must do when in Lincoln.