Rank the Big 10 Cities

If you had to live in any of the big 10 school's city which ones would be the best for you (based on anything that makes a city good, size, skyline view, population, attractions, employment, cost of living etc...). Put them in ranking.

List:

- Champaign, IL

- Bloomington, IN

- Iowa City, IA

- Ann Arbor, MI

- East Lansing, MI

- Minneapolis, MN

- Lincoln, NE

- Evanston, IL

- Columbus, OH

- State College, PN

- West Lafayette, IN

- Madison, WI

2. Minneapolis
  3. Columbus
  4. Lincoln
  5. Madison
  6. Ann Arbor
  7. Champaign
  8. Iowa City
  9. East Lansing
  10. State College
  11. Bloomington
  12. Evanston
  13. West Lafayette

I'm not trying to sound bias but Lincoln ranks high on top places to live in (Men's health) magazine. A lot higher then any of those other big 10 cites. They give it an overall ranking as a B+. So Lincoln has to be number 1 on the list. They rank it on Jobs, schools, health care, etc.

Actually I take that back Madison, WI is ranked number 1. So Lincoln number 2

I've never been to most of those cities so I can't give an honest opinion. I will say, however, that Lincoln really isn't an attractive city at least not in my opinion. I just can't get over how congested the downtown area is.

It's tough going from a city that has an interstate to EVERYWHERE to a city that doesn't have an interstate.

• Fire 2

I would rank Ne right up there. Mn just plain sucks no matter what they do, Oh sucks, WI, I could do, seriously if you get the chance go to that game, do it, dont hold the fans aginst the big ten, but you will have a wonderful trip. Back to the story, (NW) Ia sucks (southern mabey not so bad), Ill there is parts and would be my second choice for an away trip. Never been to Penn, and MI I have never been to but have a reliable source that says it sucks.

As an alumni of UNL and a current student of Iowa can I say that there is no way Iowa City should be higher than Lincoln on any ranking of these.

Iowa City is ok as a college town at best. Lincoln offers the best of the city and college town. Iowa City is severely limited in shopping, restaurants, housing, and anything to do that isn't university related 12 months of the year. Lincoln offers you concerts, decent shopping and eating, reasonable housing, and Omaha is a stone's throw away.

My ranking would be:

1. Columbus

2. Madison

3. Minneapolis (campus sucks but the city offers a lot)

4. Lincoln

5. Evanston

6. Ann Arbor

7. Champaign

8. Iowa City

9. Bloomington

10. East Lansing

11. State College

12. West Lafayette

Although a bit desolate, the area surrounding Penn State offers some really gorgeous scenery. I'll probably take a drive out that way again at the end of October to see the splashes of colors.

That area of the country is absolutely beautiful, but so is the grand canyon. I would never want to go to Grand Canyon community college. Hence, I ranked college station pretty low on my list.

• Fire 1

As somewhat of an outsider (i.e., someone who was born and raised in California, went to school in Texas, then went to school in Nebraska, and currently lives in California):

1) Minneapolis

2) Madison

3) State College

. . .

4) Lincoln

. . .

. . .

5) Columbus

6) Ann Arbor

. . .

. . .

. . .

7) West Lafayette

8) Iowa City

9) Evanston

10) Champaign

11) Bloomington

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

12) East Lansing

dude even though i love nebraska more than my left nut i dont know if i could even consider living in any big 10 area... i need ocean and a beach just the way i was raised... that being said i would pick lincoln during the season if i had to and then maybe evanstown as it looks like its close to the great lake....

but since i know nothing of these areas i pick a place kinda small not a lot of people...with lots of lakes and steams for fishing and maybe a couple small hills i could climb to snowboard on... oh have a school district that has water polo being played as a sport

I'm a little confused looking at some peoples lists, how can you rank Lincoln highly and a big plus is its proximity to Omaha, then nearly all of you have Evanston ranked near the bottom. Evenston is a nice town and its minutes from Chicago. If the city and having options is important to you, then Evenston smashes Lincoln. But I guess thats just my opinion. I have visited that area a number of times and live here. :dunno Anyway, here is my list as an outsider who has visited a number of these places and has no attachment to any

#1-Evanston, IL

#2- Minneapolis, MN

#3-Columbus, OH

#4-Madison, WI

#5-Ann Arbor, MI

#6-Lincoln, NE

#7-Champaign, IL

#8-State College, PN

#9-Iowa City, IA

#10-Bloomington, IN

#11-East Lansing, MI

#12-West Lafayette, IN