Best Place to Get Tickets....

Where in your guys' opinion is the best place to find game tickets? We usually like to come down for 1, possibly 2 games a year if the price is right. Generally have preferred sitting together and usually have like 4-5 people in a group. We've used Red Zone Tickets, and Stub Hub before, but I wondered what you guys thought is the best way and most reasonable way to get tickets. I know I've heard scalping is usually the best way to get tickets closer to face value. How much of a 'sure deal' is finding scalped tickets for say 4-6 people? Not necessarily all together but at least in pairs. I have a hard time making the trek down without having tickets in hand, but am willing to be swayed if it means getting cheaper tickets? Suggestions? Thoughts?

Where in your guys' opinion is the best place to find game tickets? We usually like to come down for 1, possibly 2 games a year if the price is right. Generally have preferred sitting together and usually have like 4-5 people in a group. We've used Red Zone Tickets, and Stub Hub before, but I wondered what you guys thought is the best way and most reasonable way to get tickets. I know I've heard scalping is usually the best way to get tickets closer to face value. How much of a 'sure deal' is finding scalped tickets for say 4-6 people? Not necessarily all together but at least in pairs. I have a hard time making the trek down without having tickets in hand, but am willing to be swayed if it means getting cheaper tickets? Suggestions? Thoughts?

I'd just season tix from Vivid Seats

Craigslist always works for me. if you wait to closer to game day the prices start to drop. Most people who have 4-6 on craigslist dont like to split them up. I would use Omaha/Council Bluffs and Lincoln for my locations. You can also try here in the classified ads section. I had a Doctor sell me a single ticket to the Texas game for 75 dollads a week before the game.

Usually there are plenty of scalpers with sets of tix outside the stadium. And if you can handle not seeing the tunnel walk and maybe missing the first possession or two of the game, they(the scalpers) are willing to take any money they can get instead of eating the total loss for the tix.

paul is right. i have gotten tickets for the price of a box of oreos (no joke) to big games just by missing the tunnel walk and 1-5 minutes of the first quarter. the scalpers figure they can at least get something for them and most of them want to get someone in the seat for the team so it works out great for everyone involved.

i will say that there was one time that i was not able to get tickets after the game started but i just went to the bars and watched instead and that was 1 time in about 20 times.

paul is right. i have gotten tickets for the price of a box of oreos (no joke) to big games just by missing the tunnel walk and 1-5 minutes of the first quarter. the scalpers figure they can at least get something for them and most of them want to get someone in the seat for the team so it works out great for everyone involved.

i will say that there was one time that i was not able to get tickets after the game started but i just went to the bars and watched instead and that was 1 time in about 20 times.

I've gotten good deals, but never that good. Where were the seats at?

Also, what everyone else said. Just play the waiting game outside the stadium, there will always be tickets.

I've gotten good deals, but never that good. Where were the seats at?

Also, what everyone else said. Just play the waiting game outside the stadium, there will always be tickets.

not like 50 yard line or anything, but usually endzone and not the best tickets but tickets non the less. i have heard of ppl getting them free before as well.

For my husbands 50th birthday, I am surpassing him and coming out to a Huskers Game. he has been a fan since childhood. he is a farmer so this is a one time experience.(until he retires) I have plane tickets and hotel but never realized how hard and expensive tickets are. Most of the sites for halfway decent seats are 700.00 and up. I want to make sure I am looking at the Ticket sites. we are coming to the Ohio state game. hank you in advance for Any help.

For my husbands 50th birthday, I am surpassing him and coming out to a Huskers Game. he has been a fan since childhood. he is a farmer so this is a one time experience.(until he retires) I have plane tickets and hotel but never realized how hard and expensive tickets are. Most of the sites for halfway decent seats are 700.00 and up. I want to make sure I am looking at the Ticket sites. we are coming to the Ohio state game. hank you in advance for Any help.

I imagine the best B10 games will be a tough find this year close to face value since its the first year and we haven't seen many of these teams before or that often. And most never in Lincoln in the past 2 decades. There will be some pretty obscene prices on stub hub if they are out there right now. Remember no one has their tickets in hand right now so even if you buy them you'll be waiting until the end of summer to get them. I'd probably wait until the end of Aug. If Tressel gets the boot like its rumored to happen you'll pick up tickets for $100 or less. If he's there I'd think $150 would be a good price in advance on line.

You can always find a ticket on game day. I've only ever been to one game the year after the 1994 National Championship where I couldn't find a reasonably priced ticket outside the stadium. And the chances that OSU has lost a game will be pretty good and the ticket prices will drop. I had the chance to sell my tickets to Texas last year for $700 each and passed on it thinking it was going to be "the game" and by the time it came around I could have maybe got $100 for them. So the prices will also adjust on how well the teams will do.

So I'm saying be patient and don't worry until late September.

I have paid thru the nose on ebay, paid like $30 more than ticket price from scalpers and even have paid ticket price from someone with extra tickets. If you live in Omaha, be sure to get your name on the list at Husker Hounds, and be sure to check at Lawlor's Sporting Goods. Sometimes the bigger the game the harder tickets are to come by.