Heard and Marrow

To think that we could have all freshman returning kicks and punts kind of makes a guy nervous.

Yeah, but we are coming from Niles Paul who seemed to be the perpetual freshman when it came to mistakes...

Really? You are a troll my friend

If everyone who's ever griped about Niles and his ham-fisted ball carrying ways is a troll, then about 3/4 of this board are trolls.

See topic for thread, see the good conversation about backs, look at random bash on a player that played his ass off and made some mistakes, if that post in this thread is not troll worthy then I don't know what is

To think that we could have all freshman returning kicks and punts kind of makes a guy nervous.

Yeah, but we are coming from Niles Paul who seemed to be the perpetual freshman when it came to mistakes...

Really? You are a troll my friend

If everyone who's ever griped about Niles and his ham-fisted ball carrying ways is a troll, then about 3/4 of this board are trolls.

See topic for thread, see the good conversation about backs, look at random bash on a player that played his ass off and made some mistakes, if that post in this thread is not troll worthy then I don't know what is

well, you don't know what is a troll then - simple as that. discuss a position (in this case returner) and you are going to get references to past Huskers - good and bad. absolutely nothing wrong w/ that. if you disagree with his opinion and feel Paul was such and effective player for us, throw out somethin to support that - don't just call him out as a troll. Whatever you throw out though...avoid mentioning his fumbles (he's the only person I've ever seen fumble twice on the same play w/out any contact), forget Texas Tech last year, definately don't bring up the Texas game this year...I could go on...

:55 mark here...

• Fire 1

...since we were talking about returns (and Paul now) - I should have mentioned the rainy Missouri game. He had a great game as a receiver - but I still remember him putting the ball on the turf nearly every punt return during that first half. Rain or not, that earns you a reputation that will be discussed on the board for years.

^The music is perfect :laughpound

As I recall he tried his best to give ISU the game this year too.

you mean when Paul fumbled a return at NU's 13 late in the 4th quarter when we were up by 7 allowing Iowa State to force overtime? Don't be a troll mentioning such jibberish on this board.

The heck of it is, when I saw Paul lined up to take that punt I said to my buddy "gee willikers, why on earth would you have Paul back there in this situation". Of course I'm paraphrasing as the language I used wasn't appropriate for huskerboard.

you mean when Paul fumbled a return at NU's 13 late in the 4th quarter when we were up by 7 allowing Iowa State to force overtime? Don't be a troll mentioning such jibberish on this board.

I thought he fumbled that ball on a kickoff, when the other deep back (Marlowe?) ran over and gave him the "take a knee" sign. Niles was three-ish yards deep, it was a good high kick, and he took it out anyway. And fumbled.

Coulda swore it was a kickoff.

EDIT - nevermind. I thought that said PUNT return. I can't read. :facepalm:

I think Green is definitely the best back we have coming in. The high school senior version of Braylon isn't far behind him but it all depends on what he's been up to this past year. If he has stayed in shape I think he will be in a position to contribute. I think it's a given that Green will play this year.

I thought he fumbled that ball on a kickoff, when the other deep back (Marlowe?) ran over and gave him the "take a knee" sign. Niles was three-ish yards deep, it was a good high kick, and he took it out anyway. And fumbled.

EDIT 2 - twas The Dude who mistakenly said punt. You can sleep tonight knowing you're not.. well.. completely crazy.

EDIT 2 - twas The Dude who mistakenly said punt. You can sleep tonight knowing you're not.. well.. completely crazy.

punt/kickoff - he's bungled so many who could ever expect to keep them straight...(oops, trollin I was)