Top 20 highest paid FBS coaches + their winning %

Chart from this article

highes-paid-college-football-coaches.jpg

From best to worst, I've calculated each coach's winning % at their current school only. The number of seasons coached are in parentheses.

Chip Kelly - .846 (2)

Jim Tressel - .828 (10)

Bob Stoops - .806 (12)

Nick Saban - .796 (4)

Mack Brown - .796 (13)

Les Miles - .784 (6)

Bret Bielema - .753 (5)

Mark Richt - .738 (10)

Bo Pelini - .714 (3)

Jimbo Fisher - .714 (1)

Paul Johnson - .650 (3)

Jeff Tedford - .631 (9)

Lane Kiffin - .615 (1)

Gary Pinkel - .611 (10)

Bobby Petrino - .605 (3)

Kirk Ferentz - .597 (12)

Houston Nutt - .578 (3)

Steve Spurrier - .571 (6)

Jim Grobe - .508 (10)

Will Muschamp - N/A

• Fire 1

Kirk Ferentz makes me lol.

Yeah but he does'nt make the other coaches laugh. Infact I just heard on BTN another coach saying "he is one of the best in the nation, not just the b10". To take a team that was so far down and do what he has done is amazing, then take the fact he takes 2 stars and makes them pros. He is the real deal. You cant judge a coach by the way it's written above, that just means some of those coaches walked into good situations when they got there. 8 out of 20 have never even graduated a class.

Yeah but he does'nt make the other coaches laugh. Infact I just heard on BTN another coach saying "he is one of the best in the nation, not just the b10". To take a team that was so far down and do what he has done is amazing, then take the fact he takes 2 stars and makes them pros. He is the real deal. You cant judge a coach by the way it's written above, that just means some of those coaches walked into good situations when they got there. 8 out of 20 have never even graduated a class.

I disagree. His best chance to win the Big Ten came and passed this last year. He had everything coming back and he couldnt do it.

I disagree. His best chance to win the Big Ten came and passed this last year. He had everything coming back and he couldnt do it.

Not even close, he has the old girl firing on all cylinders now. For the past few years the O has been lacking, Stanzi threw upteen int's, then when he got good, the Oline was a little inexperienced. Last year was a let down for Hawk fans, but injuries are part of the game. I can honestly say with no fan goggles on, they will be making a strong push this year. M St. will be tough to, but their schedual is a little different than Iowas. Not harder in my eyes, but with the away games it will hopefully take a toll on them.

Need an example of what I am trying to say.

"Iowa is coming off a 31-30 loss to Wisconsin, it marked only the fourth time that Iowa has lost under Kirk Ferentz when scoring 30 or more points. Prior to Saturday, the last loss when scoring 30+ points was against Iowa State in 2002, ending a streak of 41 consecutive victories when scoring 30+ points. Since 1999, Iowa is 47-4 when scoring 30+ points"

Not even close, he has the old girl firing on all cylinders now. For the past few years the O has been lacking, Stanzi threw upteen int's, then when he got good, the Oline was a little inexperienced. Last year was a let down for Hawk fans, but injuries are part of the game. I can honestly say with no fan goggles on, they will be making a strong push this year. M St. will be tough to, but their schedual is a little different than Iowas. Not harder in my eyes, but with the away games it will hopefully take a toll on them.

Lots of pressure on their relatively new qb this year. However, Iowa's schedule is arguably the "easiest" in the conference. Things could very well fall in line for the ol' Hawkeyes this year.

Lots of pressure on their relatively new qb this year. However, Iowa's schedule is arguably the "easiest" in the conference. Things could very well fall in line for the ol' Hawkeyes this year.

Yeah, Vandy has an arm on him and excellent ability. The back situation is still harsh. 2 dropped out and 2 went down if I recall right. You all been watching long enough to know how it feels when you bring a kid in, put time into them and for some reason or another dont work out. They need to shore up that bleeder real qwick to be a serious contender.