Will gameday be in Lincoln this year?

If we're both undefeated, I could see gameday being here.

That said, this game also falls the same day as the Red River Rivalry. This game usually steals the lime light as the winner generally goes on to win the Big 12 conference. Unless Texas has another poor year, I'm going to venture a guess and say the RRR takes gameday.

If we're both undefeated, I could see gameday being here.

That said, this game also falls the same day as the Red River Rivalry. This game usually steals the lime light as the winner generally goes on to win the Big 12 conference. Unless Texas has another poor year, I'm going to venture a guess and say the RRR takes gameday.

I could see that being the case in any other year, but the first time these two programs playing in forever and it being the first home conference game for Nebraska tips the scales I think in favor of a visit to Lincoln. The RRR gets played every year, this game, under these circumstances will only happen once.

It's not unheard of to have a team featured two weeks in a row. Here's what I found, dating back to 2000, regular season only.

2001: #9 Kansas State at #3 Oklahoma, followed by #3 Oklahoma vs #5 Texas

2002:#8 Notre Dame at #21 Air Force, followed by #7 Notre Dame at #12 Florida State

2006: # #24 Penn State at #1 Ohio State, followed by #1 Ohio State at #13 Iowa

2007: East Carolina at #9 VT (first game after the shooting), followed by #9 VT at #2 LSU

2008: #5 Texas at #1 OU, followed by #11 Mizzou at #1 Texas

I also saw that during this time the Red River Rivalry was gameday's site in 2001, 2002 and 2008.

It's not highly-likely we'll get two weeks in a row. My guess is Madison will be a for sure. If NU and OSU are both undefeated when they play each other, and Texas OU are not, then we may get that one too.

The biggest story out of last year was Nebraska AND Colorado jumping ship to different conferences.

Colorado's first Pac-12 is on 10/01/2011 in Boulder vs. Washington State--that same week, we're up in Madison. The following week, Colorado is on the road at Stanford while we have our first Big 10 home game against tOSU.

If anything, look for ESPN to have GameDay in Boulder on 10/01 to discuss that half of the story and play up the PAC-12 angle (especially after signing their multi-billion dollar agreement with the conference and Fox Sports over the summer).

The following week, GameDay will be in Lincoln to pimp the B1G (for whom television contract talks are spinning up ahead of schedule--why do you think Delaney is making all of those requests of late?) and shine a light on the Nebraska side of the story.

This is, of course, barring any sort of unforseen catastrophe or news event (e.g. SweaterVest being forced out of tOSU, Texas finally admitting they are unscrupulous cheating whores) superseding everything else planned that week.

• Fire 1

They might also choose to go to Madison for our first Big Ten game, in which case, they would not come here the following week for Ohio State

Very much agree. If Gameday does visit a Nebraska game it will be either with Ohio State or Wisconsin. I think the Iowa game could have a snowball chance if the week offers nothing else, depends on how the season goes.

What week did Gameday pass up coming to Lincoln to cover Northwestern?

The biggest story out of last year was Nebraska AND Colorado jumping ship to different conferences.

Colorado's first Pac-12 is on 10/01/2011 in Boulder vs. Washington State--that same week, we're up in Madison. The following week, Colorado is on the road at Stanford while we have our first Big 10 home game against tOSU.

If anything, look for ESPN to have GameDay in Boulder on 10/01 to discuss that half of the story and play up the PAC-12 angle (especially after signing their multi-billion dollar agreement with the conference and Fox Sports over the summer).

The following week, GameDay will be in Lincoln to pimp the B1G (for whom television contract talks are spinning up ahead of schedule--why do you think Delaney is making all of those requests of late?) and shine a light on the Nebraska side of the story.

This is, of course, barring any sort of unforseen catastrophe or news event (e.g. SweaterVest being forced out of tOSU, Texas finally admitting they are unscrupulous cheating whores) superseding everything else planned that week.

I know CU going to the Pac 12 was a big part of the story last year, but nobody's talking about them in their new conference. Probably because they've had some down years recently.

On 10/1, gameday won't be in Boulder. It's CU vs. WSU. I think they'd go for Nu-Wiscy over that. Two teams that should both be ranked in the top 15 at that point. I really can't see them picking the bottom-feeders of the PAC12 over two top teams in the Big 10.

As far as 10/8, there's no story there for CU. They already played their first new-conference game. The main reason Gameday would come to Lincoln that next week, besides both of us possibly being undefeated, is really more about the Buckeyes story line, not Nebraska.

I see what you're saying with the tv deal, but CU's move isn't looked upon as being as big as Nebraska's anymore.