BTN Unveils Prime-Time Lineup

I thought during Football season the Big Ten Network added like more channels to show other Big 10 games. So we won't be able to watch every cupcake game on the Big Ten Network?

DirecTV, Dish Network and some cable providers add BTN subchannels for all games on the BTN at the same time. So if you have DirecTV or Dish then you will see all games broadcasted on the BTN even with 3 to 4 games on the channel at the same time.

We have Cox and get the BTN channel.

I thought during Football season the Big Ten Network added like more channels to show other Big 10 games. So we won't be able to watch every cupcake game on the Big Ten Network?

That is my thought also. Almost like a regional thing, if the game you wanted to watch wasnt on in your area, you can switch to one of the alternate channels to watch and that alternate channels would only be active during the gametimes.

We need some clarification from our BigTen buddies.

See my post above. The Network airs any games not picked up by the conferences other partners (ABC/ESPN) regionally. So if Nebraska plays whoever directional school early on in non-conference at the same time OSU plays say Akron and ABC/ESPN don't pick up either game the BiG Network will air it regionally (i.e., the OSU game will be aired in Ohio while the Nebraska game is aired in Nebraska). I believe that last year only 2 of the 132 games the entire season were not aired and they have said they are trying to get to the point where every single game is aired whether it be nationally or regionally. Nebraska should have no issue seeing airtime on the network regionally this year for the games that ABC and ESPN don't pick up.

Thanks for clearing that up with us Big Ten Network newbies.

No Husker games will be televised by the Big Ten Network in prime time this year. With two of our major games already picked up by ABC/ESPN (Wiscy and OSU), this is probably not a shock.

Very true and I'm willing to bet that the Iowa/Nebraska game will probably be a 2:30 kickoff on ABC and could also be another reason why we don't have any game on Prime-Time on the Big Ten Network.

No Husker games will be televised by the Big Ten Network in prime time this year. With two of our major games already picked up by ABC/ESPN (Wiscy and OSU), this is probably not a shock.

Very true and I'm willing to bet that the Iowa/Nebraska game will probably be a 2:30 kickoff on ABC and could also be another reason why we don't have any game on Prime-Time on the Big Ten Network.

Yes and the fact we have 2 conference games already slotted for primetime on ABC/ESPN. Im thinking the Tenn-Chatt and Fresno State will be 11am games on BTN. Washington being 2:30 on ABC/ESPN.

Who in God's name thought it would be a good idea to put North Dakota State vs. Minnesota as a primetime game? More like primetime snooze.

They had to pick something of Minnesota's (each team is guarnateed at least 1 prime time game now) and they probably just filled in all the games they WANTED and then gave Minnesota the slot that was left.

Yes and the fact we have 2 conference games already slotted for primetime on ABC/ESPN. Im thinking the Tenn-Chatt and Fresno State will be 11am games on BTN. Washington being 2:30 on ABC/ESPN.

The Fresno game could very well be a noon ESPN2 or ESPNU game from what I've read.

The Fresno game could very well be a noon ESPN2 or ESPNU game from what I've read.

Now that I think of it, I do remember BigTen games being on the U last year. Hurry Lincolnites better upgrade to digital service before football season. Time Warner is gonna get even more richer this year!! :laughpound