Baseball Postseason Play?

I don't believe Osborne would say anything to the press that he feels would put added pressure on the team. He has also not shied away from explicitly stating when a coach will be back the next season. That hasn't happened, because the last time I heard him say anything, Nebraska still had a shot to qualify for the Big 12 Tournament. A friend of mine who is pretty close to the athletic dept. tells me there were benchmarks, and none of them have been met, and Osborne will make a move. I don't have any reason to doubt him.

Are ya'll serious. Bench marks have been set for years for both baseball and basketball and none have been met for years. NOTHING will be done. TO will give MA an opportnity to coach in a new league and has new facilities to recruit to. That is how TO operates and anyone that digresses needs to look back at the last couple of years and really reassessn the situation.

By the way see the Bump when Drunk thread in the Big Red Lounge forum, if ya know what I mean.

I don't believe Osborne would say anything to the press that he feels would put added pressure on the team. He has also not shied away from explicitly stating when a coach will be back the next season. That hasn't happened, because the last time I heard him say anything, Nebraska still had a shot to qualify for the Big 12 Tournament. A friend of mine who is pretty close to the athletic dept. tells me there were benchmarks, and none of them have been met, and Osborne will make a move. I don't have any reason to doubt him.

I hope you're right. Baseball games are too fun of an event to be wasted with having a crappy team. I'm not going to demand CWS appearances every other year like some people on this board probably do, but I feel like with the facilities and talent we can pull in, we should at least be qualifying for the NCAA tournament nearly every year. Here's to hoping your friend is right.

Any input on possible replacements? I think we'd all love Erstad, especially since a few players I know say they love the guy, but apparently he doesn't really want the position.

I hope you're right. Baseball games are too fun of an event to be wasted with having a crappy team. I'm not going to demand CWS appearances every other year like some people on this board probably do, but I feel like with the facilities and talent we can pull in, we should at least be qualifying for the NCAA tournament nearly every year. Here's to hoping your friend is right.

Any input on possible replacements? I think we'd all love Erstad, especially since a few players I know say they love the guy, but apparently he doesn't really want the position.

Will Bolt was the only candidate mentioned. If it had been anybody other than who told me, I would be skeptical, but this guy is always right. Even so, I will be nervous until Osborne himself says something.

Perhaps Dr. Tom isn't sure what to do because no one has rated MA on this coach rating site.

:wasted

In all seriousness, 949597, I hope you're legit and right. I don't think I could sit through another season of this tripe. It's one thing to expect the CWS every year--it's another to expect making your own fraking conference tourney.

BTW, here's Will Bolt's bio from Texarkana College.