Nebraska Football Preview with Game Predictions

And according to FBS rankings it was more like OU 83rd and Northwestern 58th.

Yep. I always use the official NCAA stats when comparing teams. I don't know where Rivals or ESPN get their numbers, but I find they are not always correct. It's best to go to the source.

Deal is Ou had more att's and less yardage.

If you're making the point that Northwestern can beat Nebraska because Oklahoma beat Nebraska and they have nearly the same YPC, that's not a solid argument. OU was BY FAR a more prolific passing team than NW, with 1,800 more yards and 21 more TDs. These offenses are not similar. OU simply has better athletes, all over the field, than NW.

• Fire 1

And according to FBS rankings it was more like OU 83rd and Northwestern 58th.

I don't know what you're trying to accomplish. Northwestern was an average rushing offense. That's a fact.

Agreed, and the original point was a comparison between Missouri and Northwestern and we've proven that Missouri had a better rushing attack with fewer carries.

If we lose to Northwestern it won't be because their rushing attack gets us. Furthermore, their offense is the exact thing the brothers Pelini were so great at shutting down in the Big 12.

Wow go off on the D will ya. I was just saying, Northwestern tries to keep you as honest as they can. AND that you all have played teams very similar. They are not a running team, are not very good at it, but was very comparable to many of the teams you played last year. I am not saying you cant adjust or wont do fine, I am just saying Northwestern is more like a B12 team. You cant go by stats alone when thinking about this either, you have to look at who had the most yards, how those yards were gained finess or power, ect... Takes me about 2 weeks or a little more to go thru the whole B10, a weigh all this stuff out.

NW's quarterback doesn't worry me at all. When I see a great quarterback we're about to face, all I do is think about the quarterbacks he will join on Nebraska's Quarterback Hall of Shame. Not saying he's not a good player, however. He'll have plenty of good games next year, but it won't be against Nebraska more than likely therefore I don't think they win.

This is one thing I'm going to miss about the Big12. When we were getting ready to play stud QBs, I would get so fired up to see our secondary eat them up. Not to say the B1G doesn't have any (Persa, Scheelhaase, Robinson, Cousins) Maybe we can get the Suh era run-stopping ability again and hang our hat on that...

The Blackshirts have b*tch-slapped much better QBs than Persa in recent years. He's going to be put through the wood chipper.

Exactly.

I don't get the big scare about these guys. Unless we come out flat as a pancake or decide to fumble 9 or 10 times we should handle them without to much trouble.

Northwestern is the type of team that plays into Nebraska strengths. Nebraska is completely dominate against the spread. However when teams run up the middle they have enough success to make it frustrating to watch. I dont think there offense is balanced enough to keep up with Nebraska. You stop Persa, you stop Northwestern. Also, they have an average at best defense, the zone read will be killer in this game. They are so undisciplined, its not even funny.

It will take a ISU 2009 type of performance to lose to NW. No question about it. If theres one game I would expect an upset, it would be the Penn State game. Just because its in Penn State, last time we were there they took us out back and beat us with a belt.

Wow go off on the D will ya. I was just saying, Northwestern tries to keep you as honest as they can. AND that you all have played teams very similar. They are not a running team, are not very good at it, but was very comparable to many of the teams you played last year. I am not saying you cant adjust or wont do fine, I am just saying Northwestern is more like a B12 team. You cant go by stats alone when thinking about this either, you have to look at who had the most yards, how those yards were gained finess or power, ect... Takes me about 2 weeks or a little more to go thru the whole B10, a weigh all this stuff out.

With all due respect, you don't know much about the Big 12 offenses if you think NW is anything like the Big 12. Idaho is more comparable to NW than Oklahoma or Missouri and the Vandals ran a version of the offense NW runs, and they had a damned good QB as well, and we ate them alive.

Will we trounce NW? Hard to say. Allegedly we should have trounced Iowa State the last two years and we went 1-1, with our win decided in overtime. That's why they play the games.

• Fire 1

The Blackshirts have b*tch-slapped much better QBs than Persa in recent years. He's going to be put through the wood chipper.

Blaine Gabbert, Landry Jones, Jake Locker, Nick Foles, Colt McCoy, Todd Reesing, and Josh Freeman agree with this post.

Yes but Northwestern does have a mild run game as well. Had Missery had any run game last year, they would have done MUCH better. They do their best to keep you honest and wait for an opening.

Washington, Oklahoma, and KState all had better running games than Mizzou. But, that still didn't help them that much.

Not my point, I am not saying you have alot to worry about with them, just saying, they are a little more balanced then some of the teams mentioned. I am just saying every D's goal is to make a team 1 dimensional, with Missery it was much easier than with Northwestern.

Facts show otherwise. Mizzou had higher YPC, more total rushing yards, more rushing TD's, and played the same amount of games.

Fact is NW plays in a defensive minded league, Mizzou does not.

That was one of the points I was trying to make. But yes I agree Northwestern does play the exact type of ball you are used to covering. Yes I to think they will have a hard time scoring.

Blaine Gabbert, Landry Jones, Jake Locker, Nick Foles, Colt McCoy, Todd Reesing, and Josh Freeman agree with this post.

Yes but Northwestern does have a mild run game as well. Had Missery had any run game last year, they would have done MUCH better. They do their best to keep you honest and wait for an opening.

Washington, Oklahoma, and KState all had better running games than Mizzou. But, that still didn't help them that much.

Not my point, I am not saying you have alot to worry about with them, just saying, they are a little more balanced then some of the teams mentioned. I am just saying every D's goal is to make a team 1 dimensional, with Missery it was much easier than with Northwestern.

Facts show otherwise. Mizzou had higher YPC, more total rushing yards, more rushing TD's, and played the same amount of games.

No, NW plays in a league where most teams don't play a spread offense. If 10/12 teams played a spread (like the big 12) then the Big 10 D numbers would sky-rocket. It's a simple matter of fact that the spread teams are gonna get more yards, and score more points. That's why half the country has switched to a spread type offense. If NW had been in the Big 12, they'd be at the bottom, because the league deals with the spread weekly.