Five Huskers on the latest 2012 Mocking The Draft rankings

I expect crick to climb as soon as the season starts but not bad i hope that thier stock rises as the season wears on

Mel Kiper has Crick listed #22. He seems to be a mid-to-late 1st round projection on various mock draft boards so far.

I expect crick to climb as soon as the season starts but not bad i hope that thier stock rises as the season wears on

Mel Kiper has Crick listed #22. He seems to be a mid-to-late 1st round projection on various mock draft boards so far.

They are saying he had a "down" year last year given that he was in the shadow of suh but i am sure he will be better this year. I hope that injury he had in the spring wont hinder him this fall

They are saying he had a "down" year last year given that he was in the shadow of suh but i am sure he will be better this year. I hope that injury he had in the spring wont hinder him this fall

Really? I'm curious to know who said that?

The reason I ask is the few "talking heads" I've read praised Crick's 2010 performance by saying he's legit since he basically matched his 2009 performance without Suh by his side.

Whats Baker doing on this list? Nothing against him, i just havent seen it in him thus far in his career. This being his Junior year.

I can see Baker on the list a heck of a lot quicker than Yoshi. Yes Yosh has an NFL frame, but what has he done that has been overly impressive. Baker's motor and play seemed to grow as the year went on, and with two more years very easily could become Suh3.0/Crick 2.0.

Of course Chase Rome could come in and blow him out of the water as well, something completely hypothetical much like a stupid mock draft board 11 months away.

I expected to see Burkhead at least somewhere on that list.

whatever reason we all have for wanting our questioning the guys on the list or wish some guys need to be added i think its f'ing awesome we are putting out soo much NFL talent especially on the D side of the ball... kids see this and are noticing it

While it's a very unofficial list it does sort of show the disparity in the B12 and B10 on a talent level.

B10

Top 25

Top 50

Top 100

Top 150

Top 200

B12

Top 25

Top 50

Top 100

Top 150

Top200

Taking Nebraska out of the equation, The Number of draft prospects are very similar, but the top end elite kids are found in the Big 12 far more than the Big Ten. One of the big reasons why I think this year's schedule is FAR easier than last years.

Also find it interesting that the first Texas kid on the list is way down at #109.

Nice talent development Mack.

@ Blackshirts316

The flipside to this is if you look at the draft numbers from the previous decade (2000-2009) as a whole then B1G beats Big 12 even with one less team member. Nebraska and Colorado counts towards the Big 12 in these figures while the B1G and Pac-10 reflects only 11 and 10 teams respectively. The first number is the total number of NFL players drafted. The second number reflects 1st rounders drafted.

ACC = 395 ... 79

B1G = 385 ... 59

Big 12 = 316 ... 50

Big East = 165 ... 16

Pac-10 = 331 ... 41

SEC = 451 ... 73

LINK

@ Blackshirts316

The flipside to this is if you look at the draft numbers from the previous decade (2000-2009) as a whole then B1G beats Big 12 even with one less team member. Nebraska and Colorado counts towards the Big 12 in these figures while the B1G and Pac-10 reflects only 11 and 10 teams respectively. The first number is the total number of NFL players drafted. The second number reflects 1st rounders drafted.

ACC = 395 ... 79

B1G = 385 ... 59

Big 12 = 316 ... 50

Big East = 165 ... 16

Pac-10 = 331 ... 41

SEC = 451 ... 73

LINK

Great data. It does make me think a bit more about it.

Though I am thinking, just with my eyeball test and no data at all to back it up that if the data were done we'd find that the separation would really be found in round 2-4 not so much round 1. I'd think the B12 had far more guys taken in the 2-4 rounds than the Big Ten and the Big Ten had more guys taken in round 4-6 than the B12. With fairly even numbers at the top and low end.

@ Blackshirts316

ACC = 395 ... 79

B1G = 385 ... 59

Big 12 = 316 ... 50

Big East = 165 ... 16

Pac-10 = 331 ... 41

SEC = 451 ... 73

LINK

Great data. It does make me think a bit more about it.

Though I am thinking, just with my eyeball test and no data at all to back it up that if the data were done we'd find that the separation would really be found in round 2-4 not so much round 1. I'd think the B12 had far more guys taken in the 2-4 rounds than the Big Ten and the Big Ten had more guys taken in round 4-6 than the B12. With fairly even numbers at the top and low end.

It'd be nice to see a concise breakdown for each round as you suggest for a fuller perspective. I'm not sure a ready-made list exists online, but I know I'm not going to be the guy to attempt it. :lol:

Whats Baker doing on this list? Nothing against him, i just havent seen it in him thus far in his career. This being his Junior year.

I can see Baker on the list a heck of a lot quicker than Yoshi. Yes Yosh has an NFL frame, but what has he done that has been overly impressive. Baker's motor and play seemed to grow as the year went on, and with two more years very easily could become Suh3.0/Crick 2.0.

Of course Chase Rome could come in and blow him out of the water as well, something completely hypothetical much like a stupid mock draft board 11 months away.

Todd Peat, Chase Rome, and Kevin Williams all have potential to do what Crick/Suh did. We are quickly becoming defensive lineman university, and I like it.