TV dispute may force NU games off air for some

The only problem in a apartment house is that if the they do not allow antennas. I deal with this on a daily basis, as I provide high speed wireless services in SoCal. But if there is one antenna, they can not stop you. Check the outside of the apartment building. Some only allow cablel to be installed and get a cut for it. There fore banning the Dish/Direct TV antennas.

If you have access to an exclusive use area like a patio or deck, the FCC will over ride whatever the landlord or management company says.

The only problem in a apartment house is that if the they do not allow antennas. I deal with this on a daily basis, as I provide high speed wireless services in SoCal. But if there is one antenna, they can not stop you. Check the outside of the apartment building. Some only allow cablel to be installed and get a cut for it. There fore banning the Dish/Direct TV antennas.

Im fairly certain thats illegal. They can't restrict your access to media. I've heard of people taking their HOA's and apartment complexes to court over this and winning. There is precident for this. Someone back me up?

Correct. They can't ban satellite dishes. It's against the law. No matter what they tell you they can't do it. If anybody has this problem let me know and I will link you to the FCC website where you can print OTARD documents and show it to them.

They can't ban the dishes. What they can ban is you attaching them to their building. Poor some cement in a 5 gallon bucket and you're fine though.

What's retarded, is that I've had the BTN since 2007 as part of the standard package on Verizon FiOS, and I live in Florida. The fact is, TW is trying to rape the consumers in Nebraska.

TW: Avowed rapists. That's what it says on their business cards. Which are printed on ski masks.

Dunno how bad it is in NE, but in Florida, TW is horrible, especially on the business end. But it's to be expected from the company that advertised they were the "Home of free HD" even though they were the last ones here to still charge extra for HD content.

It's funny that cox is always talking about how dishes have outages here in Oklahoma. We had a huge storm, yes my direct tv was out for 2 minutes. Cox was out for the rest of the day and into the morning. Direct tv FTW.

so if I understand the article correctly, they're trying to get the Big 10 network moved down to a basic tier on Time Warner cable so more customers can access it without having to pay for the digital sports tier? Is this only in Nebraska?

I'm in Kansas City and right now Time Warner offers it on their digital sport tier and I've been thinking about switching to it to get the games. But should I hold off and hope the dispute is figured out? Or will this only effect people in Nebraska?

so if I understand the article correctly, they're trying to get the Big 10 network moved down to a basic tier on Time Warner cable so more customers can access it without having to pay for the digital sports tier? Is this only in Nebraska?

I'm in Kansas City and right now Time Warner offers it on their digital sport tier and I've been thinking about switching to it to get the games. But should I hold off and hope the dispute is figured out? Or will this only effect people in Nebraska?

The BTN wants it to be on basic cable in Nebraska because Nebraska is coming in to the Big Ten. It most likely won't affect you in Kansas. You will need to get their sports tier package to get the channel.

Hmmm...too bad we didn't have Net Neutrality, or we could simply bypass Time Warner and their usage caps, and instead sign up with a television-over-IP provider online.

Oh well, Dish or DirecTV should work. I know Dish provides the BTN already to folks in Lincoln--it may be on one of the upper sports tiers, but frankly, is there such a thing as too much sports coverage? chuckleshuffle

the major cable provider in Iowa, Mediacom, skipped out for a full year on BTN. They're still suffering because of it.

That's the truth huh! Direct TV here, been that way for alooooong time. Frickin cable companies, overpriced and you still dont get to watch what you want. I know my inlaws in York were complaining about that the last time I was down there. I think they said cable was almost $100 and still didnt get the channels they wanted. Told them D TV, is the way to go.

The BTN wants it to be on basic cable in Nebraska because Nebraska is coming in to the Big Ten. It most likely won't affect you in Kansas. You will need to get their sports tier package to get the channel.

Correct.. The Big Ten wants BTN to be on basic cable or expanded basic in the Big Ten states.. outside of the BT states they don't mind it being on sports tiers. I have Charter down here in southwest IL in the burbs of St. Louis and we didn't have BTN for the first year or so. Then when Charter finally did give in at the start it was just in Northern IL and parts of some other BT states.. We had to wait quite a while before they finally it got it down here and even got it in HD now since January. Now if they would only get FSC-HD and FSC+ my sports world would be complete.