New Gloves

So do all of the defensive players wear them or just players who have earned Blackshirts?

I was wondering the same thing, hopefully its just the blackshirts

It will be for all defensive players. The jerseys mean a hell of a lot more than a pair of gloves that after this season you and I could drop 30-40 bucks and wear them too. Kinda kills the whole starter only thing when Husker Jen is flashing his...err....I mean her hands in the crowd.

???

Because someone couldn't wear a black jersey? I'm not saying you're wrong about the whole defense wearing them, but that logic makes no sense. I think it'd be weird to have people who aren't Blackshirts wearing them though.

So do all of the defensive players wear them or just players who have earned Blackshirts?

It will be for all defensive players. The jerseys mean a hell of a lot more than a pair of gloves that after this season you and I could drop 30-40 bucks and wear them too. Kinda kills the whole starter only thing when Husker Jen is flashing his...err....I mean her hands in the crowd.

???

Because someone couldn't wear a black jersey? I'm not saying your wrong about the whole defense wearing them, but that logic makes no sense. I think it'd be weird to have people who aren't Blackshirts wearing them though.

This isn't a tradition like the Blackshirts, though. These are just gloves, like gloves that every player wears (if they want to, some don't). Every member of the defense will be issued a pair of these gloves, regardless of their Blackshirt status.

they would be alot cooler if they werent copying nike and came up with the idea first. i like the bones on the sleeves idea better, personally

If your going to mention anything about Nike, I would be saying "atleast they didn't screw up the whole uniform like Nike did".

I agree with you but some people really like what Nike is doing with uniforms. They guy that sits beside me at work is an Oklahoma State fan that's super excited to be the Oregon of the midwest.

I'd like the gloves better if everyone wasn't doing it but the players really like them so...

i think they look prrreetty bad.... they look like some leather dominatrix type material type sh#t....... just looks cheesy

The palm of most football gloves use that material, or a similar grip material.

--

I don't like the idea of our Blackshirts throwing up their hands to show the cross bones. We throw the bones.

i think they look prrreetty bad.... they look like some leather dominatrix type material type sh#t....... just looks cheesy

The palm of most football gloves use that material, or a similar grip material.

--

I don't like the idea of our Blackshirts throwing up their hands to show the cross bones. We throw the bones.

duuudee they need to find a new material then cause it looks whaccckkkk

secondly i totally agree with you.... you thrown the bones you dont hold em up

???

Because someone couldn't wear a black jersey? I'm not saying your wrong about the whole defense wearing them, but that logic makes no sense. I think it'd be weird to have people who aren't Blackshirts wearing them though.

This isn't a tradition like the Blackshirts, though. These are just gloves, like gloves that every player wears (if they want to, some don't). Every member of the defense will be issued a pair of these gloves, regardless of their Blackshirt status.

Gloves with BLACKSHIRTS on it. I'm not saying they shouldn't get the gloves, but just have the N logo ones. Letting every defensive player wear gloves with BLACKSHIRTS on it, is disrespecting the exclusivity and effort it takes to become a BLACKSHIRT.

???

Gloves with BLACKSHIRTS on it. I'm not saying they shouldn't get the gloves, but just have the N logo ones. Letting every defensive player wear gloves with BLACKSHIRTS on it, is disrespecting the exclusivity and effort it takes to become a BLACKSHIRT.

I kinda like that idea. Make it a Blackshirt/Blackshirt gloves package deal.

I think there's a misconception here. This is a Blackshirt:

blackshirt3.jpg

This is a symbol licensed to market the Blackshirts:

:throwdabones1:

They are not the same thing. Any idiot with some money can purchase that symbol, and it doesn't make them a Blackshirt. You have to earn that plain, nondescript black jersey that the actual factual Blackshirts wear. Even if you go buy a knockoff version of that practice jersey, or if you find a former Blackshirt willing to sell his old jersey to you, you're not a Blackshirt.

So I don't think there's any conflict with having that symbol on the gloves. It's just a marketing promotion, not the real deal.

• Fire 1

Does not like... Cheap and trashy looking. I'm all for new glove innovations, but that doesn't mean they have to be over-the-top flashy and obnoxious... Although, it seems as if a lot of kids are into that sort of thing these days- maybe it'll help recruiting.

• Fire 1