Dirk Chatelain's guest column

Not liking this part:

The past decade exposed a divide between Nebraska and the Big 12.

Huskers football lost its way in 2002, ending a streak of 33 consecutive seasons with at least nine wins. Suddenly programs such as Kansas State and Missouri beat their chests and claimed superiority. Who wouldn’t want to kick the bully while he’s down? In their eyes, Nebraska was a has-been, no longer worthy of reverence.

In Nebraska’s eyes, those teams were front-runners, devoid of the longevity that defines greatness. There was a sense that these Big 12 peers — bandwagon football fans for 100 years — didn’t appreciate Nebraska anymore.

Read more: http://host.madison.com/sports/college/article_3f82fc68-a35d-11e0-9de9-001cc4c03286.html#ixzz1QseDVzDX

To me it states that since we weren't winning anymore in that conference and the other fans are pointing and laughing, we packed up and went somewhere else.

Not liking this part:

The past decade exposed a divide between Nebraska and the Big 12.

Huskers football lost its way in 2002, ending a streak of 33 consecutive seasons with at least nine wins. Suddenly programs such as Kansas State and Missouri beat their chests and claimed superiority. Who wouldn’t want to kick the bully while he’s down? In their eyes, Nebraska was a has-been, no longer worthy of reverence.

In Nebraska’s eyes, those teams were front-runners, devoid of the longevity that defines greatness. There was a sense that these Big 12 peers — bandwagon football fans for 100 years — didn’t appreciate Nebraska anymore.

Read more: http://host.madison.com/sports/college/article_3f82fc68-a35d-11e0-9de9-001cc4c03286.html#ixzz1QseDVzDX

To me it states that since we weren't winning anymore in that conference and the other fans are pointing and laughing, we packed up and went somewhere else.

Might want to re-read it. He is saying that the Mizzou's, Kansas States, KU's of the lead are bandwagon fans and only jumped up and pointed when we were down. He says the fans of those teams have been bandwagon fans for their entire existence. OUCH, and HA HA!! Bascially stating that Nebraska has been a player in football since the days we started and the rest just show up when their team is doing good. He's saying in kind of a jabbing way that Nebraska was, is, and always will be a better program than those schools and that we are moving to a conference that will appreciate what we were, who we are now, and who we will be in the future unlike the way the Big 12 did.

Eh I'd rather not have that asshat representing us, but whatevs.

I completely agree. His style is terrible, his attitude is terrible and he's really just a pot stirrer. I haven't been a fan clear back to his days at the Daily Nebraskan.

I wasn't sure that Dirk actually knew how to write a normal article. Good to see that he knows how to do something other than start sh#t and pick fights. A couple weeks ago he posed the question on twitter: "who would you want to replace Bo Pelini if he goes to Ohio State next season?" I let him know that was the stupidest question I'd ever heard and if Bo was to leave, it would be because of dummies like him. I get his angle, it just gets old...