B1G, Big Ten Network and Dish Network

I called Dish about 5 minutes ago and the rep said as of yet a deal is not in place for including BTN on the regular tiers (i.e without the multi-sport package). Although, she mentioned that as a last resort if a deal is not in place by the start of the season the multi-sport package is usually offered at a discounted rate (I assume what people were talking about earlier). May just do that anyway if it's cheap since there's going to be an NFL season and RedZone is awesome.

Looks like you called about three minutes too early: :laughpound

Published : Monday, 25 Jul 2011, 3:06 PM CDT

(Big Ten Network) - CHICAGO and ENGLEWOOD, Colo., - (July 25, 2011) – DISH Network L.L.C. and the Big Ten Network (BTN) announced today that television coverage of Nebraska Cornhusker football games and other sports will soon be available to DISH Network customers. Starting Sept. 1, DISH Network customers in Nebraska who subscribe to the America’s Top 120 Plus programming package or greater can watch Husker regular season home football games during the team’s inaugural season in the Big Ten Conference.

In addition to Husker football games, fans will also be able to watch many other Nebraska sporting events, including men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball, baseball, Olympic sports and more.

LINK

• Fire 1

This is really getting ridiculous. Time warner can shove it.

I don't blame Time Warner. It's BTN's fault. Both have a contract in place that they both should have to live with until a new contract is reached when it expires or if Time Warner agrees to BTN's compromise. What if you are under contract with your cable company to pay $70 a month for 2 years. Then all of the sudden they want to terminate that contract and charge you $20 a month more. Is that right? Nope. Can they do that. Nope. Same thing BTN is doing here and it's a bunch of crap. And this is coming from a DirecTV subscriber who can't stand any cable companies but I'm on their side here.

I guess it's the BTN's fault that everyone in the country will now be able to watch every husker game without paying exorbitant pay per view charges, and most will get it without subscribing to a sports package. :lol: This is what the BTN does -- they play hardball, and get away with it because content is king. All hail BTN! :worship

• Fire 3

I called Dish about 5 minutes ago and the rep said as of yet a deal is not in place for including BTN on the regular tiers (i.e without the multi-sport package). Although, she mentioned that as a last resort if a deal is not in place by the start of the season the multi-sport package is usually offered at a discounted rate (I assume what people were talking about earlier). May just do that anyway if it's cheap since there's going to be an NFL season and RedZone is awesome.

(Big Ten Network) - CHICAGO and ENGLEWOOD, Colo., - (July 25, 2011) – DISH Network L.L.C. and the Big Ten Network (BTN) announced today that television coverage of Nebraska Cornhusker football games and other sports will soon be available to DISH Network customers. Starting Sept. 1, DISH Network customers in Nebraska who subscribe to the America’s Top 120 Plus programming package or greater can watch Husker regular season home football games during the team’s inaugural season in the Big Ten Conference.

In addition to Husker football games, fans will also be able to watch many other Nebraska sporting events, including men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball, baseball, Olympic sports and more.

LINK

about time!!

LINK

Figures :facepalm:

Oh well, I guess if Dish saves $50,000 or whatever not carrying BTN on the regular tiers until the last possible day so we can get quality channels like Soap and Three Amigos Broadcasting then whatever.

Yes this is awsome!! Cox is horrible and so is direct. Thankyou dish

I have to disagree with you about direct tv. Ive had it for 10 years now and theyre the best service provider Ive ever dealt with. My cousin has dish and his HD picture is nowhere near as good as mine. Plus he is always complaining about the customer service.

They have also said the BTN and TWC have reach an agreement and TWC will start airing on its standard package starting August 23rd.

The Weather Channel?

Any idea of what the Dish Network OUTSIDE of Nebraska will cover without having to buy another special package?

I hate having to go to bars to watch..I lose my car sometimes and I can't record the game for later disecting.

Yes this is awsome!! Cox is horrible and so is direct. Thankyou dish

I have to disagree with you about direct tv. Ive had it for 10 years now and theyre the best service provider Ive ever dealt with. My cousin has dish and his HD picture is nowhere near as good as mine. Plus he is always complaining about the customer service.

I have to disagree with your disagree. If his HD is not as good as yours it's either because of a bad connection or the type of tv. My HD on Dish looks almost 3D at times, thats not really a plus for Dish, it's the fact that I have a brand new Sony LED\LCD tv. Saying one customer service is better then the other is like argueing over the color black in the uniform thread. DISH has great customer service, but sometimes you are the lucky one that gets the idiot. I don't go off of what friends or co-workers tell me, I have had both Direct and Dish. I stuck with Dish because the signal didn't get lost in storms as much as Direct, Dish was cheaper for the same quality and more programming and they had more options on buying single channels. Other then that they are pretty similiar. One bonus for new Direct tv customers is that you get NFL Sunday Ticket for free if you sign up, If you have Dish just have your angry woman call and tell them you are switching to Direct, mine did and got us the Sunday ticket for about 75% off. I don't know about Direct because I wasn't with them very long, but with being a long time DISH customer my equipment upgrades are really cheap. I just got rid of our last old receiver and replaced it with a new 2 room HD\DVR receiver and it cost a little over 60 bucks and that was installation included.

Whatever you choose just be happy! We get a hell of a lot more free Husker football! :throwdabones1:

@Husker37, From what Dish told me, they are not a localized company like some of these Cable providers so the coverage in Nebraska is the same as everybody else across the nation.

Any idea of what the Dish Network OUTSIDE of Nebraska will cover without having to buy another special package?

I hate having to go to bars to watch..I lose my car sometimes and I can't record the game for later disecting.

It'll be whatever you had last year. If you have 120+ or better, you'll get a single BTN channel, which means you'll get the feature game only. Pay $7/month extra for the sports package and you'll get all the games they broadcast, which is just about every Big 10 game not on ESPN/ABC, or NBC at Notre Dame. Or in our case, Versus for the Wyoming game. Also with that sports package you get NFL RedZone (very cool) and all of the Fox Sports and Comcast regional networks, which basically means seeing a Big 12 game on Fox Midwest/Southwest and a late night Pac 12 game on Fox West or whatever it's called.

That's the way I understand it anyway. Get the sports package. You'll spend less for that for the entire fall and see just about every Husker game than you did for a single PPV game last year.