I just can't stand it anymore!

It't ok dudes and dudesses. I got this one.

So yeah. they are going to run the ball for some of the plays. It's going to involve handing off the ball to Burkhead and a number of other backs and then they'll just run up field, ya know. Get as many yards as they can. Or Martinez or whoever is under center will just try to run it right after the center snaps it and just see how many yards he can get.

So that will be cool......Oh yeah, but also the rest of the time they are going to pass the ball to the receivers. Probably a few tight ends. Maybe a running back or even a full back. So they are going to throw the pass to any one of these guys. He's going to catch it try to get as many yards as he can. Trying to score a touchdown for six points.

So yeah, no need to worry, got the offense down. Don't fret!

Even though this article is about Cody Green, I thought this belonged in a thread like this one because of his comments on the offense:

My link

He said the progression started when former offensive coordinator Shawn Watson left the program last year to coach quarterbacks at Louisville and was replaced by Tim Beck on the Cornhuskers staff.

"The new offensive coordinator switched up the offense from what I was recruited to do," Green said. "It started changing at the beginning of last year and it fully changed in the spring. They're going to be predominantly more of a run team, even more than they were last year."

This, combined with what I've read about the offense during BIG media days (the new offense is fast, and there's been a lot of option over the summer), leads me to believe that the offensive scheme to look similar to what Oregon does.

Just over a month to go before the fun begins and I "still" have no freakin clue what offense we're gonna run. Oh, there's endless speculation but as usual nobody agrees on anything..... qb under center, qb under center w/ two TEs, qb in the shotgun, smashmouth, option, shotgun veer, Kansas's offense, zone read, spread, wider Oline splits, power I, closer Oline splits.....aughhh!! It never ends.

Even more, what general direction in run/pass ratio are we going? 2nd/3rd & short.....still more horizontal passes?

C'mon....."somebody" have mercy and give me the real scoop, ok? Your good karma will go through the roof.

:worship

I would be more concerned that the staff is so worried about keeping this a "secret" for fear that opponents might learn of it. By the middle of the Fresno State Game, the cat will be out of the bag.

Such a strange difference in philosophies within the program.

-On Defense, we are going to look the same as we have the past few years, and Bo is going to do his thing, he will come out in a C2 look almost every single down, and just play ball. There is plenty of film on how he does things, but he still just does them.

-On Offense, everything is this big bad secret, to not let anyone get an edge....

Just over a month to go before the fun begins and I "still" have no freakin clue what offense we're gonna run. Oh, there's endless speculation but as usual nobody agrees on anything..... qb under center, qb under center w/ two TEs, qb in the shotgun, smashmouth, option, shotgun veer, Kansas's offense, zone read, spread, wider Oline splits, power I, closer Oline splits.....aughhh!! It never ends.

Even more, what general direction in run/pass ratio are we going? 2nd/3rd & short.....still more horizontal passes?

C'mon....."somebody" have mercy and give me the real scoop, ok? Your good karma will go through the roof.

:worship

I would be more concerned that the staff is so worried about keeping this a "secret" for fear that opponents might learn of it. By the middle of the Fresno State Game, the cat will be out of the bag.

Such a strange difference in philosophies within the program.

-On Defense, we are going to look the same as we have the past few years, and Bo is going to do his thing, he will come out in a C2 look almost every single down, and just play ball. There is plenty of film on how he does things, but he still just does them.

-On Offense, everything is this big bad secret, to not let anyone get an edge....

i will bet that after the first game people will say "this is the exact same offense as last year"

I bet we won't show a lot until the Wisconsin game. Maybe a lot of Pistol, some Shotgun 2 back or 1 back Shotgun sets. But I expect the Wisconsin game to really open up the playbook a lot. 4 Wide, 5 Wide sets, lots of motion, different looks, Jet Sweeps, play-action off of those. Maybe even against Washington as well. I know Beck said he wanted to run the offense, and I'm paraphrasing, to "Run an offense so that not everyone knows what we're going to run by Week 8."

I have heard, (in all honesty, i'm not sure how reliable the source is) that we WILL be running an offense similar to Oregon. Meaning, Tempo, and the way we relay plays in. I heard we will be using Picture cards/boards like you've seen on Oregon's sideline.

Not sure if we are running a similar scheme like them, however, if we did...I have a feeling we could be nearly unstoppable, because Oregon doesn't play outstanding defense. We do.

I have heard, (in all honesty, i'm not sure how reliable the source is) that we WILL be running an offense similar to Oregon. Meaning, Tempo, and the way we relay plays in. I heard we will be using Picture cards/boards like you've seen on Oregon's sideline.

Not sure if we are running a similar scheme like them, however, if we did...I have a feeling we could be nearly unstoppable, because Oregon doesn't play outstanding defense. We do.

That's for sure. As long as we got Bo, the blackshirts will carry their load.

Also, I doubt Oregon can match the combined blistering speed of Tmart, Heard/Green. The basic idea works for me. Spread them thin as as a razor covering sideline to sideline and then punch Heard through the middle for a 50 yd scorch (like LP used to do so often...).

We get a decent short running game going (& no more horrible playcalling on 2nd/3rd & short) and our wrs catch the ball even somewhat reliably = we'll rip the Big10 apart.

I believe!

:koolaid2:

GBR!!

We didn't play outstanding defense last year. We had a very good defense but at times got ran over by other teams.

We didn't play outstanding defense last year. We had a very good defense but at times got ran over by other teams.

Not sure how you measure "outstanding" because I would say they played that way last year. Were they as good as 2009, no, but I would say they play exceptional D in 2009. Heck the 2009 D finished #1 in points allowed at 10.43 ppg, as a comparison the leader in that category in 2010 was TCU at 12 ppg. Last year's Blackshirts still finished 9th in scoring D and 11th in total D, that is above the 90th percentile in both which seems to be outstanding in my book. I am willing to bet that all but a handful of teams would trade their defense last year for the Blackshirts last year given the chance. Every team has a game or two where they struggle a bit, I personally think the teams that don't are the rare exceptional teams.

• Fire 1

Not sure how you measure "outstanding" because I would say they played that way last year. Were they as good as 2009, no, but I would say they play exceptional D in 2009. Heck the 2009 D finished #1 in points allowed at 10.43 ppg, as a comparison the leader in that category in 2010 was TCU at 12 ppg. Last year's Blackshirts still finished 9th in scoring D and 11th in total D, that is above the 90th percentile in both which seems to be outstanding in my book. I am willing to bet that all but a handful of teams would trade their defense last year for the Blackshirts last year given the chance. Every team has a game or two where they struggle a bit, I personally think the teams that don't are the rare exceptional teams.

^Ditto.^