Nebraska's Bo Pelini isn't changing soon

GSG

The softball thing did happen and it had to do with an umpire. Bo got in a heated arguement with an umpire about a call made. Bo was asked to go to the head table to talk with the main guy in charge about it. He did and that conversation got heated and Bo kind of blew up and was asked to leave. This is what was told to me by a guy I work with that was there because his daughter was playing.

He said people were blowing it way out of proportion before Bo even left the field. He said it wouldn't be any different then any other parent getting pissed at a game except it was BO.

I know some parents who were at that tournament. It was such a nothing thing that nobody even talked about it until I asked them, and they basically said the same thing - it was a pretty normal dispute you see at tournaments like this. Pretty much everyone, from both teams, was upset at this ump. The umps take a LOT of grief from the stands at these tournaments, and while I don't agree with it, it happens all the time. I have not heard that Bo was asked to leave.

This tournament was held in June but the first anyone heard about it was last week, apparently because in the retelling of this "incident" the story seems to get embellished. Pretty soon we're going to find out that nobody has any clear memories of it because Tom Osborne called in the Men in Black and had them clean the situation up.

Look here at this light...

mib-memory-eraser.jpg

Furthermore, you're nuts if you think Pelini's edge and demeanor are only "weaknesses." Those "weaknesses" are characteristics of the head coach that were instrumental in helping Nebraska go from having one of the worst defenses and least competitive teams since the 60's (Bill Callahan in 2007) to having the #1 defense in 2009, and competing for two straight conference championships in '09-'10. Furthermore, the program seems to be as clean as any you'll find in the NCAA right now - infractions over the past few years have been minor and off the field problems have been relatively limited since Pelini took over - AND Pelini's team has the best average GPA of any squad going all the way back to 1987.

Yeah, that. :clap

The softball thing did happen and it had to do with an umpire. Bo got in a heated arguement with an umpire about a call made. Bo was asked to go to the head table to talk with the main guy in charge about it. He did and that conversation got heated and Bo kind of blew up and was asked to leave. This is what was told to me by a guy I work with that was there because his daughter was playing.

He said people were blowing it way out of proportion before Bo even left the field. He said it wouldn't be any different then any other parent getting pissed at a game except it was BO.

I know some parents who were at that tournament. It was such a nothing thing that nobody even talked about it until I asked them, and they basically said the same thing - it was a pretty normal dispute you see at tournaments like this. Pretty much everyone, from both teams, was upset at this ump. The umps take a LOT of grief from the stands at these tournaments, and while I don't agree with it, it happens all the time. I have not heard that Bo was asked to leave.

This tournament was held in June but the first anyone heard about it was last week, apparently because in the retelling of this "incident" the story seems to get embellished. Pretty soon we're going to find out that nobody has any clear memories of it because Tom Osborne called in the Men in Black and had them clean the situation up.

mib-memory-eraser.jpg

I heard Pelini tore the umps arm off and ate it right in front of all the little girls. :ahhhhhhhh

mib-memory-eraser.jpg

I heard Pelini tore the umps arm off and ate it right in front of all the little girls. :ahhhhhhhh

With some fava beans and a nice chianti.

mib-memory-eraser.jpg

The story I was told has Bo decapitating the umpire with a samurai sword signed by Randy Jackson, and then punting a lady's baby into a busy intersection.

Then he ordered 3 hotdogs from the concession stand and ate them... WITHOUT PAYING!!

mib-memory-eraser.jpg

The story I was told has Bo decapitating the umpire with a samurai sword signed by Randy Jackson, and then punting a lady's baby into a busy intersection.

Then he ordered 3 hotdogs from the concession stand and ate them... WITHOUT PAYING!!

You left out the part when he threw those puppies into a woodchipper while eating the hotdogs.

Political correctness is running amuck in our society and Bo is a welcome change to that. Bo needs to continue doing what he does. F everybody else and I don't care what the media thinks. So far Bo's kids are staying out of trouble, appear to be clean, passing class and winning. Maybe its because he is that old school type. Society should be applauding him instead of being sissified and worrying about him yelling. If I would have been coaching that aTm game I would have went Woody Hayes on one of the refs.

Keep the pimp hand strong Bo.