Bo's Big Ten Media Day Comments on TMart

EZ-E

Sounds accurate to me. IF he can get the mental aspect down he can be one hell of a college quarterback. I don't think he is ever going to set the world on fire with his passing but all he needs to do is complete enough passes to keep the defense honest. Here's hoping that the poor decision making/deer in the headlights stuff is now behind him.

Anyone else catch that Bo said "decision making and overall football knowledge" were the biggest areas that TMart needed to improve upon?

I would imagine about half the guys on the roster would fall into that category, maybe more. The situation is magnified when you're saying this about your starting QB, though.

We've had the luxury of starting upperclassmen the last few years:

2005 - Zac Taylor, JR

2006 - Zac Taylor, SR

2007 - Sam Keller, SR

2008 - Joe Ganz, SR

2009 - Zac Lee - JR

Then 2010 rolls around and you have your combo breaker:

2010 - Taylor Martinez - rFR

Of course he's going to pale in comparison to guys who've been in college programs for several years. His overall football knowledge should be lower than theirs - if it wasn't it would be a shock.

Taylor's knowledge wasn't the reason we lost last year - although his lack of experience sure didn't help in pressure games, including costly INTs against OU and A&M.

Big fan of objectivity when it comes to breaking a team down. I don't think it can be said enough that our entire team and season hinges on the play we will get at QB.

I just watched Okie State film last night as well. While that was probably the best offense we have seen in a long time and we will not see an offense like that this year at all, we HAVE to be able to stop the run better than we did at points last year.