Friday at Fan Day

Sorry for the holdup on pics. About two seconds after my last post in this thread I was called to the emergency room when my wife developed complications from a relatively simple surgical procedure she'd had last week. Just got back from the hospital, she's fine, and everything should be OK. Not sure when I'll get pics up - I have a lot of nursing to do around here.

Met Brooke Delano at Walgreen's while picking up prescriptions. Chatted with her for about two minutes. I see Huskers everywhere these days.

No rush man, take care of your lady.

Sorry for the holdup on pics. About two seconds after my last post in this thread I was called to the emergency room when my wife developed complications from a relatively simple surgical procedure she'd had last week. Just got back from the hospital, she's fine, and everything should be OK. Not sure when I'll get pics up - I have a lot of nursing to do around here.

Met Brooke Delano at Walgreen's while picking up prescriptions. Chatted with her for about two minutes. I see Huskers everywhere these days.

No rush man, take care of your lady.

Amen to that.

28 days and 6 hours

Important question: Was this years crop of

cheerleaders at fan day? Well.........how do

they look?

Yes they were there. My cousins got plenty of pics with them and posted on their Facebook

Page. I just don't know how to save those images.

OK, one week late, but here are some of my pics from Fan Day. This is kind of a hodge-podge of pics this year. Due to the threat of rain, they made the players sit back-to-back under canopies, and it made it very difficult to get pics amongst the lines of autograph-seekers. Since I was on the outside of the lines and didn't want to disturb anyone, I had to wait for gaps in the line to get pics, and I didn't think it was right to ask some kid to move so I could get a pic. I missed several players because of this, but since I'm an old man and this is for the kids, that's just too bad.

Here's a pic of the weather, to give you an idea what we were dealing with. It was ridiculously humid that day as well.

stormyweather_02.jpg_thumb.jpg

Here's the one decent pic I got of Bo. Last year Bo was the only person who sat under a canopy. This year the coaches were the only people who weren't sitting under canopies.

bo_01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Defensive Backs

dbs_bell_07.jpg_thumb.jpg

Antonio Bell

dbs_dean2_17.jpg_thumb.jpg

Some homeless man.

dbs_fonzie2_12.jpg_thumb.jpg

Fonzie stylin' in his aviators.

dbs_stafford_04.jpg_thumb.jpg

Daimion Stafford

Linebackers

The line around these guys was really thick, so I really only got one decent pic:

lbs_david1_01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Lavonte David

Defensive Line

dl_crick_03.jpg_thumb.jpg

Jared Crick

dl_jackson_peat_08.jpg_thumb.jpg

Justin Jackson & Todd Peat, Jr.

dl_tmo_04.jpg_thumb.jpg

Terrance Moore

Some pics of the D Line guys from before the event started:

gettingready_dl4_27.jpg_thumb.jpg

Steinkuhler & TMo - and who is the guy in the t-shirt to Stein's left?

gettingready_tmo2_26.jpg_thumb.jpg

TMo

Offensive Line

ol_cotton_01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Jake Cotton & his shaved pate

ol_jones_07.jpg_thumb.jpg

Marcel Jones

ol_sirles_ash_02.jpg_thumb.jpg

Jeremiah Sirles & Nick Ash

Wide Receivers

wrs_bell_07.jpg_thumb.jpg

Kenny "The Fro" Bell

wrs_bk3_05.jpg_thumb.jpg

Brandon Kinnie & his awesome little man, who threw the bones for another photographer. I missed that pic, though.

wrs_turner_10.jpg_thumb.jpg

Jamal Turner

wrs_cooper_11.jpg_thumb.jpg

Khiry "Hollywood" Cooper

• Fire 1

Part Two of my pics. Apparently there is a limit to how many pics you can put in one post. Enjoy.

Tight Ends

Another group I had trouble getting pictures of.

tes_reed_04.jpg_thumb.jpg

Kyler Reed

tes_group_06.jpg_thumb.jpg

Jake Long, Ben Cotton & Robert Berry

Running Backs

rbs_abdullah2_03.jpg_thumb.jpg

Ameer Abdullah

rbs_green_heard_04.jpg_thumb.jpg

Aaron Green & Braylon Heard

rbs_rex_wade_07.jpg_thumb.jpg

Rex Burkhead & Yusef Wade

Quarterbacks

qbs_bubba_02.jpg_thumb.jpg

Bubba Starling

qbs_rkiii_01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Ron Kellogg, III

qbs_martinez_04.jpg_thumb.jpg

Taylor Martinez

It's funny watching Taylor work his way uncomfortably through pressers, then see him act very comfortable and open at Fan Day. This was the second straight year where Taylor's Fan Day persona stood in stark contrast to his presser persona. Once again he was all smiles, very genial, made sure I got a good pic, and did the same for a dozen or more other folks while I was at the QB table. There's no hesitation, no umm's and ahhh's, just smiles and easy-going coolness.

Miscellaneous Pics

fans_02.jpg_thumb.jpg

The line about an hour before the gates opened. It stretched down 10th street past Richards to Behlen and the 501 Building.

gettingready_cheer_04.jpg_thumb.jpg

The Cheerleaders getting ready.

trophyroom_07.jpg_thumb.jpg

The Trophy Room at the entrance to the weight complex.

trophyroom_05.jpg_thumb.jpg

Some hardware we picked up in the last few decades.

That's about it. There are a few more pics HERE that I didn't link in this post. I took about 130 pics, so if there's a player I don't have posted here or in that gallery, ask and I might have him, although again, there were several players that I missed simply because the lines were too crowded in front of them.

• Fire 1