Am I missing something? (Washington Game)

• 2 weeks later...

This thread reminds me of the "Lemon Tree" episode of the Simpsons where their Shelbyville rivals taunt them with, "That must be why we beat you in football almost half the time!"

They beat NU as many times as NU beat them last year. I hardly see a prediction of a win as something audacious or without merit. Yeah, we might know that the huskers didn't go in with their hear in the game, but that's a real factor. The offense can be very temperamental and it might be a game where we rely on the defense to hold the other team to under 7 points to prevent an L.

Welcome to the board, UDub!

We'll see about that ;)

All of us are eager to watch our Huskers avenge that Holiday Bowl loss.

Yeah our Defense played amazing in that game, it was really surprising as a Husky Fan. The game earlier in the year our defense was absolutely horrendous... I think we gave up almost 400 rushing yards in that first game. It will be interesting to see how we handle the pressure on the road with some of our new players. I'm not here to hate on the Huskers, I just want to see your guys take on the game from your perspective.

I just want to see your guys take on the game from your perspective.

Our new offense looked sloppy at times in the opener, we'll know a little more after next week. Teams usually make their biggest jump between week 1 and week 2. Even if our offense isn't running like a well oiled machine by week 3 (which I would doubt anyways), I still don't see this game being close. Nebraska just outmatches Washington in the talent department by a hefty margin. And I have to assume they're pissed about the Holiday Bowl. I say it'll be a massacree. Welcome to the board. It's nice having UW fans around who aren't just here to troll. Good luck this season.

Yeah our Defense played amazing in that game, it was really surprising as a Husky Fan. The game earlier in the year our defense was absolutely horrendous... I think we gave up almost 400 rushing yards in that first game. It will be interesting to see how we handle the pressure on the road with some of our new players. I'm not here to hate on the Huskers, I just want to see your guys take on the game from your perspective.

Welcome to the board, UDub! Please stick around for the next few weeks. We're eager to talk about this game.

I know our players are very heavily focused on the rubber match between our schools. There were a number of guys for whom the bowl game last year was a tremendous disappointment. There will be no trouble focusing on our game this year for the Huskers, especially the defense. They are ready for redemption.

Our new offense looked sloppy at times in the opener, we'll know a little more after next week. Teams usually make their biggest jump between week 1 and week 2. Even if our offense isn't running like a well oiled machine by week 3 (which I would doubt anyways), I still don't see this game being close. Nebraska just outmatches Washington in the talent department by a hefty margin. And I have to assume they're pissed about the Holiday Bowl. I say it'll be a massacree. Welcome to the board. It's nice having UW fans around who aren't just here to troll. Good luck this season.

I think the games outcome is solely dependent on how our defense does. Our offense shouldn't have problems getting 20-30 points but our defense needs to play much better than they did against EWU 2 days ago. If we give that much open space off the line of scrimmage for easy 5-10 yard passes then there's no way we win. I think though that Holt will have them ready and it should be a game that goes down to the wire. We already shut down Nebraska's offense once so I think we have a blueprint of how to do it again.

I think the games outcome is solely dependent on how our defense does. Our offense shouldn't have problems getting 20-30 points but our defense needs to play much better than they did against EWU 2 days ago. If we give that much open space off the line of scrimmage for easy 5-10 yard passes then there's no way we win. I think though that Holt will have them ready and it should be a game that goes down to the wire. We already shut down Nebraska's offense once so I think we have a blueprint of how to do it again.

That was last year's offense with last year's OC and an injured QB. Not to look down on last years game, NU definitely got outcoached. And with all due respect, where are you coming from saying you won't have problems scoring 20-30? You scored 30 on EWU, and Nebraska is probably going to be a top 20 defense in the nation this year. Granted I didn't watch the game, but seeing as the biggest lead UW had was 14 for 3 minutes, I don't think UW slowed or put in the backups. Thoughts?