Is the B1G done expanding?

I don't know if even the SEC would take Texas and all its baggage. I just don't see the SEC schools being willing to accept the LongHorn Network either...

The SEC would not; Slive has been adamant that the SEC expands only with unanimity on behalf of all member institutions. Arkansas would veto it, and would have that backed by TAMU, if they're included in the conference.

Happiness, as Husker fans know, is Austin and it's cronies in the rear-view mirror.

schadjoe Joe Schad

RT @TeddyGreenstein: Delany also confirmed that SEC expansion would not affect Big Ten -- for now: "We have closed down active expansion."

51 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I found this on Joe Schad's twitter. I have a feeling things are being discussed behind closed doors because Jim Delany isn't the type to sit idle.

schadjoe Joe Schad

RT @TeddyGreenstein: Delany also confirmed that SEC expansion would not affect Big Ten -- for now: "We have closed down active expansion."

I found this on Joe Schad's twitter. I have a feeling things are being discussed behind closed doors because Jim Delany isn't the type to sit idle.

I think we'd find inactive expansion would become very active if the superconference world emerges as quickly as it might. I think we have time, personally, and we all know that whatever Delany says, the man is a gamer and will be ready. The B1G is in a perfect position. No need to expand. We can be very selective.

schadjoe Joe Schad

I think we'd find inactive expansion would become very active if the superconference world emerges as quickly as it might. I think we have time, personally, and we all know that whatever Delany says, the man is a gamer and will be ready. The B1G is in a perfect position. No need to expand. We can be very selective.

I'm not so sure. With what the B1G offers both Athletics and Academics wise with the network and CIC respectively, they can be as patient as they want to be. Not many schools that care about being actual schools are not going to take their call if they decide they want to explore another expansion.

greggdoyelcbs Gregg Doyel

I hear Oklahoma, OK State and 2 other B12 schools approached Big Ten as package and were told no. Academic reasons.

Big Ten "academic issue:" All its schools are in prestigious Association of American Universities - OU, OSU aren't

I can't believe we would tell OU no. I could see OSU, KS, KS St. being told no.

I hear Oklahoma, OK State and 2 other B12 schools approached Big Ten as package and were told no. Academic reasons.

Big Ten "academic issue:" All its schools are in prestigious Association of American Universities - OU, OSU aren't

AAU status and academic standards are very important to the BIG. I am not sure if OU could come solo without little brother Okie St coming with them. I have a feeling they are a package deal when it comes to where they end up.

We're actually not in the AAU anymore, but OU is still pretty far behind Nebraska in terms of academic prestige. Even though Texas fits the Big Ten better from an academic standpoint, Oklahoma fits better from a cultural standpoint, and their membership in the Big Ten would bring their academic prestige up over time.

I don't know who the other 2 Big !2 schools would be... Kansas? Missouri? Both of those schools are in as good of a position academically was Nebraska was.

edit: Ah, I missed, "package deal." No way does the Big Ten take a package deal with Oklahoma State. They might bend their academic guidelines enough to take Oklahoma, but not in a package.

I find it hard to believe that OU would propose anything to the B1G right now. I don't think they want to go anywhere.

After some logical deductions, if that tweet is true, then the "other two teams" were Texas and Tech. Had to be. OU wants to handcuff itself to UT, and Tech is handcuffed to UT whether they like it or not. Connect the dots and follow the money.