Why I think this will be the season from hell for Nebraska.

Won't be the season from hell. I just don't see them winning it all for two simple reasons.

You're going further north during the cold months, not south.

You won't be playing the Longhorns anymore.....just longhorn (the animal) sized linemen. It's going to take a season or two to adjust to that.

That being said, you guys should definitely go to a bowl game, and finish in the top half of your division.

a) we love the cold

b.) you mean like when wisconsin's line outweighed TCU's by 40# per man last january?

c) speed kills...we have it.

Won't be the season from hell. I just don't see them winning it all for two simple reasons.

You won't be playing the Longhorns anymore.....just longhorn (the animal) sized linemen. It's going to take a season or two to adjust to that.

That being said, you guys should definitely go to a bowl game, and finish in the top half of your division.

If we're going to more of a running offense, which everybody thinks we are, that should fare better in the cold. Nebraska plays cold weather football in November anyways, and Lincoln is really not much further south than most of the schools in the Big Ten. Lincoln is actually further north than Columbus.

Furthermore, do people really think that the Big 12 didn't have offensive lineman? The Big 12 was not the MWC, it had 3 national champions in the same amount of time that the Big Ten had only two, and that was with a tougher path (conference championship game) to the BCS.

In 2010, the Big 12 had 2 offensive linemen and 2 defensive lineman drafted in the top 6 players of the draft. The Big Ten did have 3 linemen drafted in the first round, but they went at 13, 23, and 28. Speaking of which, those were the only three Big Ten players drafted in the first round, while the Big 12 had 9.

In 2011, the Big 12 had 4 linemen drafted in the first round. The Big Ten had 6. Those were all 6 of the Big Ten players drafted in the first round, while the Big 12 added on 4 more skill position players.

People should stop pretending that there's some physicality or talent gap between the Big 12 and the Big Ten. There isn't, it doesn't exist. Those who think it does are going to be shocked at just how physical Nebraska is, especially on the defensive line and in the secondary.

That being said, you guys should defiand either nitely go to a bowl game, and finish in the top half of your division.

I'm not a weather man, nor do I really know much about the weather in some of the big ten areas, but what I do know is that I have spent plenty of november afternoons walking around in ten degree temps, with thirty mile per hour winds and either snow or freezing rain.

Trust me, Nebraska weather is about as bad as you can get, with the exception of the Dakotas. A hundred degrees plus in the summer with ninety percent humidity, and ten below zero with forty below wind chills in the winter. Oh and the wind is worse here than Chicago.

If we're going to more of a running offense, which everybody thinks we are, that should fare better in the cold. Nebraska plays cold weather football in November anyways, and Lincoln is really not much further south than most of the schools in the Big Ten. Lincoln is actually further north than Columbus.

Furthermore, do people really think that the Big 12 didn't have offensive lineman? The Big 12 was not the MWC, it had 3 national champions in the same amount of time that the Big Ten had only two, and that was with a tougher path (conference championship game) to the BCS.

In 2010, the Big 12 had 2 offensive linemen and 2 defensive lineman drafted in the top 6 players of the draft. The Big Ten did have 3 linemen drafted in the first round, but they went at 13, 23, and 28. Speaking of which, those were the only three Big Ten players drafted in the first round, while the Big 12 had 9.

In 2011, the Big 12 had 4 linemen drafted in the first round. The Big Ten had 6. Those were all 6 of the Big Ten players drafted in the first round, while the Big 12 added on 4 more skill position players.

People should stop pretending that there's some physicality or talent gap between the Big 12 and the Big Ten. There isn't, it doesn't exist. Those who think it does are going to be shocked at just how physical Nebraska is, especially on the defensive line and in the secondary.

I agree. In fact, If you look at head to head competition, we pretty much handled the line of scrim even in the Callahan "lean years" when playing teams like Michigan in the bowl game. Missouri didn't get dominated by Northwestern in the Alamo bowl I saw live, either. Ill contrived stuff.

They are all bought into the system. Bo seriously reminds me of Parcells in a way because he understands that character is VERY important to your team. It only takes a few bad players(talented guys with bad attitudes and ego issues) to jack with the morale of the whole. He recruits that way and WILL get rid of guys if they cause problems. T-Mart included... Nuff said, I say we can surprise if we show any of the form we had against K-state, Mizzou and okie state. If T-Mart stays healthy and we can be balanced, that D will be rested and firing on ALL cylinders. We haven't had a well rested D since 1997...

That being said, you guys should defiand either nitely go to a bowl game, and finish in the top half of your division.

I'm not a weather man, nor do I really know much about the weather in some of the big ten areas, but what I do know is that I have spent plenty of november afternoons walking around in ten degree temps, with thirty mile per hour winds and either snow or freezing rain.

Trust me, Nebraska weather is about as bad as you can get, with the exception of the Dakotas. A hundred degrees plus in the summer with ninety percent humidity, and ten below zero with forty below wind chills in the winter. Oh and the wind is worse here than Chicago.

I've lived for many years in Nebraska and now live in north central Wisconsin. Every Big Ten stadium is south of me. The Huskers will have zero weather issues in the Big Ten. When I visit each year over Christmas, it actually feels colder in Nebraska, because the freaking wind never stops blowing. Nebraska teaches you to hold onto your screen door in one season and lean against it to get out of the house in the opposite season. November is a piece of cake "up north" in contrast. After all, we're not talking NFL playoffs. College ball is over and done before any real weather gets here.

Irrelevant.

Are you saying Coqui is irrelevant or his post? Or both?

Both.

Irrelevant.

Are you saying Coqui is irrelevant or his post? Or both?

Both.

Well in the grand scheme of things, we're all irrelevant. After all we're just posters on an Internet forum.

I agree it won't be a season from hell I also agree we may not win it. Chances are we won't. We have some depth issues at certain spots so injury could hurt us badly. We also are changing up the offense and have some youth issues. We shall have to wait and see how it plays out.

I don't agree with your reasons though. The weather absolutely has no bearing. Most of the time we play northern division opponents in November. We always ended with Colorado in the Big 12. We are a cold weather school. We don't have to worry about acclimation. Plus half the big 10 is more or less on the same parallel as us and get the same basic weather.

I don't think there's much difference between b1g lineman and b12-2 lineman. Overall the b1g will average out a little bigger as they have more teams that run the ball but there are big teams in the b12.

For example:

No. Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Yr. Exp. Hometown/High School/Last College

60 McGowan, LaQuan OL 6-7 345 FR HS Amarillo, Texas/Cal Farley's Boys Ranch

90 Jean-Baptiste, Nico NT 6-2 335 SR 3L Stafford, Texas/Strake Jesuit College Prep

68 Richardson, Cyril OT 6-5 330 SO 1L Fort Worth, Texas/North Crowley HS

79 Griffin, Robert T. OL 6-6 330 SR 1L Euless, Texas/Trinity HS/Navarro College

73 Roberts, Jeramie DL 6-4 320 SO SQ Garland, Texas/South Garland HS

63 Jones, John OG 6-4 320 SR 3L Cedar Hill, Texas/Cedar Hill HS

49 Johnson, Kaeron DT 6-2 320 JR 2L Cuero, Texas/Cuero HS

74 Blake, Philip C 6-3 320 SR 2L Toronto, Ontario/Champlain Regional Prep/Tyler [Texas] JC

71 Kaufhold, Cameron OL 6-4 315 JR 2L Friendswood, Texas/Friendswood HS

67 Hilliard, Desmine OL 6-4 315 FR HS Dallas, Texas/Lincoln HS

62 Lyons, Cameron OL 6-2 310 SO SQ Cypress, Texas/Cypress Woods HS

76 Burleson, Luke OL 6-6 305 RS FR SQ Allen, Texas/Allen HS

78 Wade, Ivory OG 6-4 300 JR 2L Dickinson, Texas/Dickinson HS

93 Masumbuko, Suleim DL 6-2 300 FR HS Euless, Texas/Trinity HS

70 Jackson, Jake OL 6-3 300 JR 2L Southlake, Texas/Carroll HS

55 Hefner, Jace OL 6-4 300 FR HS Richardson, Texas/Pearce HS

75 Baker, Troy OL 6-6 300 RS FR SQ Waco, Texas/Connally HS

Nebraska is not exactly a small team either. We have a few 300 lbers

69 Nickens, Brodrick OL 6-5 300 So. Alliance, Neb. (Alliance)

53 Randle, Thaddeus DT 6-1 300 So. Galena Park, Texas (North Shore)

65 Reeves, Ryne OL 6-3 300 Fr. Crete, Neb. (Crete)

79 Thompson, Brandon OL 6-6 300 Jr. The Woodlands, Texas (The Woodlands)

51 Chapek, Brandon OL 6-5 305 So. Wahoo, Neb. (Bishop Neumann)

61 Long, Spencer OL 6-4 305 So. Elkhorn, Neb. (Elkhorn)

74 Moudy, Mike OL 6-5 305 RFr. Castle Rock, Colo. (Douglas County)

57 Peat Jr., Todd DT 6-3 305 Fr. Tempe, Ariz. (Corona Del Sol)

50 Hardrick, Jermarcus OL 6-7 320 Sr. Batesville, Miss. (Fort Scott CC) (South Panola)

78 Jones, Marcel OL 6-7 320 Sr. Phoenix, Ariz. (Trevor Browne)

76 Qvale, Brent OL 6-7 320 So. Williston, N.D. (Williston)

71 Sirles, Jeremiah OL 6-6 320 So. Lakewood, Colo. (Bear Creek)

63 Rodriguez, Andrew OL 6-6 325 So. Aurora, Neb. (Aurora)

Yes Nebraska will have to adjust to more running teams and change there recruiting philosophy a bit, but the adjustment will be more towards what the opponent is doing rather and how good they are rather than any physical differences. Wisconsin will give us trouble I think, but that's because they are good. They got a lot better when they got the transfer QB too. That just made their power run game that much better.