CFN Prediction: Chattanooga at Nebraska

CFN.com

Of course, outside of all the scandals and all the controversies, Nebraska going to the bigger, better league has been college football’s biggest storylines and – no offense, Big 12 – it’s a major positive. The Huskers getting to play Ohio State, and Michigan, and Wisconsin, and Iowa, just makes college football that much bigger and that much better. But first, before all the fun can begin, and before Nebraska fans blow their life savings to pony up for the tickets for the conference opener at Wisconsin on October 1st, there’s a non-conference schedule to get through....

What Will Happen: Nebraska will be able to call its shot, but Chattanooga will annoy the home faithful with plenty of second half passing yards. It'll be the type of game that's never in doubt and is a blowout from the start, but will be just ragged enough to make the coaches grouchy.

CFN Prediction: Nebraska 58 ... Chattanooga 17

Seems like a reasonable prediction, if the offense is truly going to hit fast with a killer instinct I think it could be a 70 point game. The score, I hope, is a coach's choice but they could choose 70 Oregon Style. If the D shuts folks down and the Offense goes no huddle that is the 70 point scenario. We shall see just how the practice reports shape up in just 6 days. If we are going to play fast and up tempo you have to do it in every game, I think it is OK to hide plays and what not for conference play but for your own teams development and consistency if you are going to run a balls to the walls offense then I say run it and get good at it.

Cmon, first game of the season. Huskers will be rusty. Although they should score around 50 points, they won't. First game jitters will happen like always, 35 to 13. Solid win for the Huskers.

Both teams will be rusty. I'll agree that they won't score 50 points, but I don't expect them to try to.

NU 45

UTC 10