Son of a.....

Saunders

Contrary to popular opinion on this thread, most OOC games get their officials from one of the teams' conferences. Usually the visiting team supplies the officials, but smaller schools will frequently reduce their costs by allowing the home team to supply the refs. I've been unsuccessful in finding a list of the Big Ten officials online or finding which conference Burks works for. Anyone else have better luck?

actually thats incorrect. trust me.

Contrary to popular opinion on this thread, most OOC games get their officials from one of the teams' conferences. Usually the visiting team supplies the officials, but smaller schools will frequently reduce their costs by allowing the home team to supply the refs. I've been unsuccessful in finding a list of the Big Ten officials online or finding which conference Burks works for. Anyone else have better luck?

Well, the P12, formerly the P10, has the policy of only P12 referees officiating games in P12 stadiums. So any OOC game played at a P12 stadium is NOT a neutral crew. The NCAA also got rid of "mixed" crews for OOC games back in 1990 (sometime around then). The exact details of what crew officiates an OOC game appears to be decided between the schools. And while I found lots of strong support for my previous post online, I cannot find conclusive evidence. So feel free to prove me wrong - I'm definitely interested in what the answer really is.

No, actually, it's not. Most BCS conferences use the away teams officials for OOC games, and the other team's officials at home. Except for the PAC-10, which uses it's own crews for home games.

Based on what others have posted and my own knowledge, here's what I suspect:

The WAC, MWC, and B12 teamed up to share referees (link about in the middle of the answer). I suspect UNLV, as the visiting team, was supplying the referees for the games, and used one of the "mixed" crews which Burks was on. So Burks is probably still in the B12.

We had the same discussion last year when we were talking about the Washington game, where we couldn't bring our conference officials (might have actually been a good thing last year), because the PAC 10/12 uses their officials for all their OOC games. And two years ago, we had Sun Belt officials for our three home OOC games.

We had the same discussion last year when we were talking about the Washington game, where we couldn't bring our conference officials (might have actually been a good thing last year), because the PAC 10/12 uses their officials for all their OOC games. And two years ago, we had Sun Belt officials for our three home OOC games.

Plus, when VT played here in 2008, they were ACC refs, and in 2009 @ VT, we had a Big 12 crew.

Well I seen Greg Burk during last nights games so I got curious. I googled for awhile trying to find his schedule of games he's scheduled for. I did find a lot of stuff for NCAA Basketball and one website that says I can't be a ref as my eyesight is to good. But I did how ever find where it looks like he'll be reffing the Whyoming game.

Well I seen Greg Burk during last nights games so I got curious. I googled for awhile trying to find his schedule of games he's scheduled for. I did find a lot of stuff for NCAA Basketball and one website that says I can't be a ref as my eyesight is to good. But I did how ever find where it looks like he'll be reffing the Whyoming game.

screw you! :LOLtartar

screw you! :LOLtartar

lol awww come on thats funny