Who is our new 'Helu'?

ladyhawke

I've finally gotten around to watching the NU-Mizzou game from last year that BTN showed during the 'Welcoming Nebraska to the B1G' week.

What a game! Roy Helu was like lightning. We were 24-0 after the 1st quarter!

Anyway, while I know it's early does anyone have a feel for who they think might be our new 'Helu'? Just curious.

I've finally gotten around to watching the NU-Mizzou game from last year that BTN showed during the 'Welcoming Nebraska to the B1G' week.

Anyway, while I know it's early does anyone have a feel for who they think might be our new 'Helu'? Just curious.

What exactly do you mean by that? Who is the guy with the closest skill set to Roy, or what?

ladyhawke can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the intent of the thread is who will be the next running back we have with game-changing speed and a good skill set.

Burkhead isn't as fast as Helu was, at least not imo. Abdullah appeared to have a ton of speed, and Green hit the holes hard on Saturday even though the line wasn't doing a great job blocking that late in the game (mostly all the 2's were in). I think Abdullah is the running back furthest ahead now, so my guess would be him. But if he continues to be our main return man then I look for a guy like Green to get more carries.

What exactly do you mean by that? Who is the guy with the closest skill set to Roy, or what?

Yes, who is the guy with the closest skill set.

ladyhawke can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the intent of the thread is who will be the next running back we have with game-changing speed and a good skill set.

Burkhead isn't as fast as Helu was, at least not imo. Abdullah appeared to have a ton of speed, and Green hit the holes hard on Saturday even though the line wasn't doing a great job blocking that late in the game (mostly all the 2's were in). I think Abdullah is the running back furthest ahead now, so my guess would be him. But if he continues to be our main return man then I look for a guy like Green to get more carries.

Yes, that's what I mean. Helu was so fast and could find those holes and he was gone.