Strategy for getting tickets day of game

JTrain

Never attempted this before. I know a lot of people do it regularly. Where are the hot spots? How long before kickoff? What percentage are singles, pairs, threes and fours? Let me know what your strategy is and what my chances are.

You can either buy from regular civilians holding theirs up or from scalpers. Civilians will give you better deals the earlier in the day, but if you wait 5-10 minutes before kickoff a scalper will probably take any semi-reasonable offer you make (say, $30), because they're afraid of eating the entire price.

• Fire 1

scalpers do hang around the stadium too though. So beware. I tend to find scalpers are the only ones NOT wearing Nebraska gear. I refuse to buy from them.

If you can get into the main tailgate spots...start your search there. Just walk around asking for a ticket or looking for someone who is trying to sell.

Your best deals are usually students trying to unload a ticket for a buddy or just trying to make some extra beer money. Haggle but feel free to walk away if you don't like the price.

Wait until the last minute before the game starts for the best prices.

scalpers do hang around the stadium too though. So beware. I tend to find scalpers are the only ones NOT wearing Nebraska gear. I refuse to buy from them.

That's right, I forgot about that. They also hang around the walking bridge north of the stadium, and they're usually wearing knock-off t-shirts in that area.

Never attempted this before. I know a lot of people do it regularly. Where are the hot spots? How long before kickoff? What percentage are singles, pairs, threes and fours? Let me know what your strategy is and what my chances are.

You can either buy from regular civilians holding theirs up or from scalpers. Civilians will give you better deals the earlier in the day, but if you wait 5-10 minutes before kickoff a scalper will probably take any semi-reasonable offer you make (say, $30), because they're afraid of eating the entire price.

I like how you differentiate regular civilians and scalpers, like scalpers are scum. Because they are. +1

Another good place is the corner at the embassy suites. Both scalpers and husker fans scalp here. I always ask scalpers what they are asking.... they tell me and I profoundly let them know they are smoking crack.

After they tell you what they're asking...ask to see the actual price on the ticket. They'll get pissy. f'ing scum

My favorite scalper ID is the five tickets or so he is holding up in his right hand and the "I Need Tickets" sign he's holding in the left.

The intersection right outside the SW corner of the stadium by the parking garage is a nice little honey spot usually. Around the Embassy is good too.

The closer to game the cheaper the tix. Also the older the seller(unless he has a Need Tickets sign) generally come cheaper as well. And if you wait until after kickoff, and miss a series or two, find the scalper and get the tix dirt cheap

Fresno?? There will be tons of tickets outside the stadium. There were last week and by the looks of craigslist - Lincoln and Omaha, they have a bunch too, which means lots at stadium. Buy them from the fans at Memorial Stadium. Dont buy them from the scalpers downtown. Scalper prices are ridiculous, unless you buy them after kickoff.

My .02