Dear Baylor

HuskerMoon

You have a lot of reason to be mad at Texas over the position you are being put in, but leave A&M alone. They want out, let them go and don't be little bitches. Don't be "That guy" or that "School" that runs and sues because you don't get your way you whiney ass little pieces of baby sh*t.

While you do have a lot of reason to be angry with the greedy Longhorns who could just as soon crap on you and your schools heads as look at you, let us break down where the blame lies with you.

So UT, A&M, OU, are the only three schools who would certainly find another BCS automatic qualifier conference for absolute certain

Mizzou and OSU would have a fair to decent chance as well.

To the rest of you, Baylor, Texas Tech, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State. You have nobody to blame for your misfortune other than your athletic department, your coaches, the play of your teams, and the support of you the fan.

These are the things major conferences want.

Consistent sucessful preformance.

History of Winning Championships

History of Professional success of athletes after college.

History of consistantly making the post season.

History of fan support through absolute thick and thing

All of these things make a school "economically viable" for a major conference. When it boils down to it, it really is all about money. THat it what makes the world go round.

So let TEXAS A&M GO!! Take your medicine and accept your fate once the BIG 12 rightfully breaks aprt. You will be in mid major, non automatic BCS qualifying conferences like thw MAC, The Wac, the MWC, the Sunbelt, or a new hybrid conference of mediocrity, and while you will have Texas to thank a little bit, you will have no one else to thank but yourselves.

Good day. xoxox

I think you have to look at this this way. NU did what was best for NU. Aggie is trying to do what is best for Aggie. It is in Baylor's best interest to keep the Big 12 together. They are doing what is best for Baylor. I don't think Baylor can forever keep this up, but they working in Baylor's self interest. I don't blame them.

I'd rather see Baylor let Aggie go so the rest of the schools can move forward.

They can threaten all they want, but the B12 is unstable and will implode. It's a matter of when, not if. You know it, I know it, and they know it. The problem is, does another conference want a whiny, sue-happy bitch? They're just making themselves look bad, IMHO. Instead of threatening law suits, they should make themselves look better by at least appearing to want to work WITH other teams, not against them.

Just my 2C.

I think you have to look at this this way. NU did what was best for NU. Aggie is trying to do what is best for Aggie. It is in Baylor's best interest to keep the Big 12 together. They are doing what is best for Baylor. I don't think Baylor can forever keep this up, but they working in Baylor's self interest. I don't blame them.

I'd rather see Baylor let Aggie go so the rest of the schools can move forward.

I think you're right that everyone is doing what is best for themselves, and you can't blame them for doing it. Texas made the LHN because it's in the best interest of Texas. Baylor is suing because it's in the best interest of Baylor. Texas A&M is leaving because it's in their best interest. The only problem with that is that by thinking for themselves and nobody else, they're not building that community you need to keep a conference together.

This is why the Big 12 will die. Everyone joined it for the wrong reasons. It was all about money and competing and it forgot to bring together schools with like minds.

I don't think anyone gave any pledges anyways, supposedly though the new TV contract made all the schools sign along with the conference.

The only reason I'd rather Baylor not sue is because I have such disdain for the big 12 that I'd like to see it die. Really though other then that I don't care. The more this drags out the more everyone sees the absolute mess that inviting Texas schools into your conference is.

Baylor should have never been in a BCS conference anyways. The big 8 should have walked away from that deal when Texas politicians forced them and Tech along in the first place.

I wonder how contentious the big 12-2 meetings would be with a member that didn't want to be there. Regardless I think the league is toast. Your not hearing anything from UT which means there shopping around again. Really like the OWH piece with Harvey today. What I really liked was Harvey getting it on the public record again that when Nebraska left it didn't harm the conference and they were actually able to make a better deal. Big 12 said that when they made the deal too. That's further protection from litigation. The bit about the big 12 conference giving permission and then claiming that individual schools didn't give permission is bogus in my opinion. I am so glad to be away from Texas politics.

I was watching Oklahoma State stomp on Arizona last night. During the game they did an interview T. Boone Pickens, big time booster/donor for OSU. He stated that through his contacts OSU wants to keep the big 12(-2) together and they don't want anyone to leave, but they aren't going to threaten any legal action.

Instead he states in his opinion the Conference needs to share equally revenue with all members getting the same opportunities. If this could be done they could approach other institutions to join and make the conference prosper.

Fat chance Texas is going to share it's income with Baylor, ISU, let alone any one else in that conference! :hookerhorns