We will lose......

bsbch

5-6 games this year. Our rush D looks like 2007 and our O is big play or nothing....VERY frustrated......

yeah? Which ones?

If things don't improve a lot soon....wisc, mich, msu, Penn st., iowa..... Hell, maybe Washington....

That obviously is the worse case scenario, but not out of the question....

No, probably not Washington. They're squeaking by some not-very-good teams. But I flipped to the ND-Mich game... wow... it was like another league.

This is still a Pelini defense. They're going to improve as the season goes on.

As for 5-6 losses... You obviously didn't see Michigan barely beat an average at best Notre Dame team, or Ohio State escape Toledo, or Iowa lose to Iowa State. At this point, I think we lose to Wisconsin, but we're beyond capable of winning every other game on the schedule.

On the other hand, I saw a couple people say we wouldn't see another QB this year as good as Carr. They obviously haven't heard of Denard Robinson or Russell Wilson.

Michigan is garbage, they play no one OOC, all their games are at home. Ohio State is decent, but not great. The only real team in the Big-10 is Wisconsin.

I truly hope you're right and the team proves me wrong. I just don't see much difference (results wise) from this years O and years past. If we played tomorrow, Wisc would beat us down. Both sides of the ball need since serious gelling to compete...

If I am way wrong, I will gladly stand here and take what I have coming.

Wasn't your offense good last season until it got decimated with injuries?

Decimated by injuries = started playing good teams (with exception of UDub in the bowl..... Which we didn't want to be there)

If we don't improve we will lose 5-6 games. Hopefully they will get better each week. They miss FONZO bigtime. I think this defense will be better when Evans can play the nickel and as some of our newer guys on D get seasoned. Would like to see Smith and Stafford at the safeties as we need more speed there too. What would we ever do if David got hurt. That would be devastating.

I am hoping the offense gets better as they open up the playbook more and get more reps as the season goes along. Can't believe we didn't see more of the freshmen backs. I hope they don't pull another Arod on us. Those guys need to get some snaps. Would also like to see more Bell, Turner & Enunwa.

do people actually think this will happen? I have more faith in our coaches. We have a new OC, a new offense, and a lot of youth. And not having dennard is huge.

I think our line in particular will get better

This is still a Pelini defense. They're going to improve as the season goes on.

As for 5-6 losses... You obviously didn't see Michigan barely beat an average at best Notre Dame team, or Ohio State escape Toledo, or Iowa lose to Iowa State. At this point, I think we lose to Wisconsin, but we're beyond capable of winning every other game on the schedule.

On the other hand, I saw a couple people say we wouldn't see another QB this year as good as Carr. They obviously haven't heard of Denard Robinson or Russell Wilson.

Michigan is garbage, they play no one OOC, all their games are at home. Ohio State is decent, but not great. The only real team in the Big-10 is Wisconsin.

lol washington

I truly hope you're right and the team proves me wrong. I just don't see much difference (results wise) from this years O and years past. If we played tomorrow, Wisc would beat us down. Both sides of the ball need since serious gelling to compete...

If I am way wrong, I will gladly stand here and take what I have coming.

Wasn't your offense good last season until it got decimated with injuries?

Decimated by injuries = started playing good teams (with exception of UDub in the bowl..... Which we didn't want to be there)

so then our players weren't injured?

The one thing I'll defend about the defense. They spent A LOT of time on the field tonight, especially late in the game when Fresno St. really started to rack up the yardage. I don't think our offense got the ball in the fourth quarter for a sustained drive until less than 6 minutes left.

Fresno St. put together a lot of long sustained drives however, so this is also the defense's fault for not stopping it.

Enhance, i luv ya, but they were busting out drives on the defense in the first half. I hope it was kinda an anomily but that was Fresno pawning the d for most the game.

The flat covergae has been exposed for two games now. The nickel and LBs coverage has more or less sucked.

What I really mean is that Fresno St. was so successful at keeping long drives going that our defense never had time to rest, which led to even worse play on the field. They somewhat fed each other. Fresno St. had maybe one quick drive, and that was in the fourth (I believe) after Cassidy gave up the deep ball. Otherwise, they spent the entire day converting on third downs like it was nobodies business to defend them.

And I completely agree with your last part there. I think the biggest weakness on this defense is how poorly we cover the middle of the field and how poorly we react in open space.

Then again, Pelini's defenses at Nebraska seemed to always have trouble against pro-style attacks like this with a lot of roll outs and sideline patterns, which is what FSU made bank on today.

I have yet to be wrong in my Husker predictions. We're going to keep growing and are going to hit our plateau at the right moment. I don't want to be peaking right now, but rather, by the Wisconsin game and through the rest of the season. Every team has a point in the season where it thinks all is for naught, but they adjust and end up having a great season. Nebraska is going to be one of those teams. Mark my words.

5-6 games this year. Our rush D looks like 2007 and our O is big play or nothing....VERY frustrated......

Holy knee-jerk reaction Batman!

I was extremely frustrated for a lot of the game, but I felt alright towards the end. The offense made strides in the second half. Abdullah, Bell, Turner, Reed and Enunwa can be playmakers for us. I don't remember a time we've had talent at the skill positions like this... ever. Osborne certainly didn't have those kind of receivers running around. Not all at one time anyways. If they continue to improve, this offense is going to be scary good. I think they're very good right now, they just don't know it yet. If they don't improve, then obviously, more frustration awaits.

Beck is still learning how to be a playcaller, he needs to learn how to get the ball into the aforementioned players' hands. The talent is there, I assume they can only get better with experience, I assume Beck can only get better with experience. He called a decent game in the second half I thought.

The offensive line looked a hell of a lot better when they weren't asked to block 9 guys. That box was crowded most of the game. Once Beck opened things up with the long ball, our guys were blocking well enough to let Rex get some yards and close out the game.

I doubt Bo lets the defense slip down to '07 level. In fact, I'd go so far as to say I'd be surprised.

Beck is still learning how to be a playcaller, he needs to learn how to get the ball into the aforementioned players' hands. The talent is there, I assume they can only get better with experience, I assume Beck can only get better with experience. He called a decent game in the second half I thought.

i'm still learning how to be a shotcaller.

yeah? Which ones?

If things don't improve a lot soon....wisc, mich, msu, Penn st., iowa..... Hell, maybe Washington....

That obviously is the worse case scenario, but not out of the question....

Wisc I can see. Michigan State is a maybe.

Michigan? The team that almost lost to Notre Dame?

Penn State? The team that got decimated by Alabama?

Iowa? The team that just lost to Iowa State?

Not sure I shouldn't be insulted, other than Alabama, Toledo is tougher than the other teams and Ohio State beat them.

Either way this is week 2. Obviously you fixed something during halftime to begin containing them so I don't get what all the doom and gloom is about.

My view has been that we will lose 3-4 games this year. What has surprised me is that the defense doesn't seem to be as strong as we thought it would be. On offense, we don't seem to open up any holes, the receivers don't catch enough balls and we still don't seem to protect the ball that well. Finally, the posts keep coming in to deflect us losing 5-6 that these other teams look bad as well ... the OSU's, the Michigan's, Iowa's ... well that's the point ... it seems we will lose 3-4 games this year ... and the B1G looks very weak ... which adds to the negative feelings about this team ... atleast from what I've seen these first two games.

Agree with The Dude however, the young playmakers are certainly a bright spot on this team. Just surprised in the lack of blocking on the O and the lack or pass rush on the D line. Thought we would do better against these teams with less talent and our coaching would be better then theirs.

I see potential losses to Michigan, Ohio St., Iowa, Penn State, Michigan State, and Wisconsin unless things get better fast. Dennard Robinson will have another Heisman-like day if our defense plays the way it has.

I think Washington will give us problems next week, as well. They are going to have the same gameplan as Fresno State had. They have a solid QB and a good RB. Nebraska is definitely on upset alert.

I have yet to be wrong in my Husker predictions. We're going to keep growing and are going to hit our plateau at the right moment. I don't want to be peaking right now, but rather, by the Wisconsin game and through the rest of the season. Every team has a point in the season where it thinks all is for naught, but they adjust and end up having a great season. Nebraska is going to be one of those teams. Mark my words.

I'm also usually right on the money. I predict that you will be wrong for the first time. Not sure what you consider a "great" season, but with the goals and expectations that this team had, anything less than a conference championship and a BCS bowl game would not be considered "great."

I wouldn't get too hung up on one bad game from the defense. If it starts to become a trend, that's one thing, but by now I have a lot of confidence that a Pelini coached team is not going to be giving up 400 yards with any sort of regularity.

The offense is still hit and miss, but boy when it hits, it hits hard. There is so much exciting young talent on that side of the ball, I can't wait to see what those guys can accomplish as the season goes along and they all gain experience and learn how to work together.

Fresno State came in and punched us in the mouth, and our guys responded in the end and punched them right back. Games like this are great for a young team like ours.