Local Papers, being a little harsh

A bad game? Yes I will agree with you there. But IMO we have had 2 bad games and gotten lucky on both of them.

this was our SDSU game....i can't forget that game or the 2nd game against Washington, those games revealed a lot of what we don't believe. last night was just as revealing, out played and yes, out coached, except for some big plays.

A bad game? Yes I will agree with you there. But IMO we have had 2 bad games and gotten lucky on both of them.

this was our SDSU game....i can't forget that game or the 2nd game against Washington, those games revealed a lot of what we don't believe. last night was just as revealing, out played and yes, out coached, except for some big plays.

Very rarely is there a team that comes out and dominates every single week. 2009 Alabama would be an example of a team that very nearly did. Even Auburn last year, lost in all the Cam love, had some close calls. I'd rather not have such close calls during the OOC schedule against Fresno State, but they are no pushover team, I think we all know that.

I think a lot of people just have to accept the fact we can be great without being dominant like we were in the 90's. If we can return to that point given more time, great. We were spoiled, because you don't see teams that dominant anymore. Perhaps USC in the early 2000's, but remember, they cheated ;). I personally am just going to enjoy the ride and accept that we can only handle business from week to week. Hopefully we improve each week and are great by the end of the year. In summary, we're 2-0, no matter how close it was, and I just don't see the point in gloom and dooming things up and predicting 5 or 6 losses.

Dirk is mostly negative. As usual.

We’ve all just assumed that Bo and Carl would restock this defense and adapt it to a new league, without many hiccups. But losing three NFL players in the secondary will stress the Pelinis. So will a full slate of new offenses. NU can’t just show up each week and lock down another spread offense.

It will see a variety of looks, including more pro-style offense, which Fresno State executed. The Pelinis got out-coached Saturday night. They basically admitted it, referencing new wrinkles that Fresno hadn’t shown on film.

Dirk LINK

But McKewon's article yesterday includes a lot of positives from the game. McKewon LINK

To me...this team has the same feel as that 1994 team. I'm not saying we're national championship level and certainly our schedule isn't set up quite the same, but I remember feeling uneasy about that team almost every game. We'd have one game we'd put up 40-50 points and kill the other team, then have two or three games that were lower scoring and be close or feel very close going into the 4th quarter before we finally scored a couple of opportune TD's and kind of deflate the other team into losing. I remember the last few games of the season felling like we lucked out and had that one or two plays that won us the game rather than imposing our will on people. I just felt like we were inconsistent a lot, just like our guys now. We have the talent, have shown at times we can have the production, we're just struggling to get it all put together at the same time.

• Fire 1