Cassidy

HuskerMack

Could any of the freaking out about Cassidy be deflection from concern about the secondary coaching change?

There should not be too much concern about that, yet. For starters, the big deal about the change has been the difference in technique stressed. But as others have pointed out, it is in response to the enforcement of Big Ten refs, and a necessity.

Marvin was great, but don't forget what else this secondary lost: Prince Amukamura, Eric Hagg, Dejon Gomes. All three on NFL rosters.

Could any of the freaking out about Cassidy be deflection from concern about the secondary coaching change?

There should not be too much concern about that, yet. For starters, the big deal about the change has been the difference in technique stressed. But as others have pointed out, it is in response to the enforcement of Big Ten refs, and a necessity.

Marvin was great, but don't forget what else this secondary lost: Prince Amukamura, Eric Hagg, Dejon Gomes. All three on NFL rosters.

None of the players liked sanders. After Oklahoma state game he came into the locker room telling all the dbs how they were all a buncha pieces of $h*t. Paraphrasing of course. Prince, gomes and hagg all wanted to quit. This was the beginning of the end for sanders. I don't think we should be concerned with the secondary coach, unless he isn't getting the best talent on the field. One thing I've been upset with is the "open competition". All spring and summer we hear about how well p.j. Smith is doing and when it comes to gameday he is the 4th safety to come in. And last week only played special teams. I justdont know what to make of this. I like stafford and what the heck happened to osborne not seeing 1 snap against fresno?

It's not so much about Cassidy being a poor athlete as it is blowing his assignment. I don't remember O'Hanlon being a particularly great athlete but he played the position well. Cassidy got beat twice on the same play, once the pass went out of bounds and the other time it was costly.

Remember all the grief O'Hanlon took early in 2009? People ripping him up one side and down the other. By the end of the season they were all jumping on the Matty-O bandwagon. I have nothing but faith in this secondary. There will be blown assignments here and there, we may lose a game or three because of them, but for the most part they'll be fine.

Me and my friends still have some AWESOME jokes about Matt O'Hanlon. Not really about his performance, we just portray him as an 8 year old.

None of the players liked sanders. After Oklahoma state game he came into the locker room telling all the dbs how they were all a buncha pieces of $h*t. Paraphrasing of course. Prince, gomes and hagg all wanted to quit. This was the beginning of the end for sanders. I don't think we should be concerned with the secondary coach, unless he isn't getting the best talent on the field. One thing I've been upset with is the "open competition". All spring and summer we hear about how well p.j. Smith is doing and when it comes to gameday he is the 4th safety to come in. And last week only played special teams. I justdont know what to make of this. I like stafford and what the heck happened to osborne not seeing 1 snap against fresno?

And where did you come across this hearsay?

Those are some pretty bold statements to be throwing around.

And where did you come across this hearsay?

Those are some pretty bold statements to be throwing around.

I can neither confirm or deny the accusations, but there were issues that gave Bo zero choice but to terminate Marvin and I am not talking about the bolded part of the statement above.

It's not so much about Cassidy being a poor athlete as it is blowing his assignment. I don't remember O'Hanlon being a particularly great athlete but he played the position well. Cassidy got beat twice on the same play, once the pass went out of bounds and the other time it was costly.

Remember all the grief O'Hanlon took early in 2009? People ripping him up one side and down the other. By the end of the season they were all jumping on the Matty-O bandwagon. I have nothing but faith in this secondary. There will be blown assignments here and there, we may lose a game or three because of them, but for the most part they'll be fine.

????

What is it you find so funny about that? You think we're going to be undefeated this year?

Losing 2 or 3 games because of one position set. Then saying that they'll be fine seems, well, counterintuitive to me.

No I don't think we'll go undefeated this year. People with a low fbiq might postulate that happening. I for one do not see it.

It boils down to your definition of "fine." Would you say our 2009 secondary was fine? They lost us the VA Tech game and the Texas Tech game. Overall, though, I'd say they were fine.

Actually, I think your definition needs to be given some thought. If you believe that losing 2 or 3 games is fine, then I hope you don't plan on going into coaching.

The VA Tech game was ONE blown coverage by O'hanlon. So "THEY" didn't lose the game "HE" did. But it is after all a team sport, right?? If you want to cherry pick scenarios to support your broad based speculations then have at it.