Cassidy

HuskerMack

It's not so much about Cassidy being a poor athlete as it is blowing his assignment. I don't remember O'Hanlon being a particularly great athlete but he played the position well. Cassidy got beat twice on the same play, once the pass went out of bounds and the other time it was costly.

I would take O'Hanlon back in a second. He could flat out play and was a great open field tackler.

In that case, it seems like we actually got out-coached.

I have to say though, Cassidy did get burned really badly at least once, on that long completion. Unless for some reason he was not sitting in a deep zone on that play. He was the last man back, and he left his guy get behind him. It shouldn't happen.

Has Carl P been making the defensive playcalls, by the way? I had thought these were still under Bo's domain, but I could be wrong...

Did anyone else see Bo giving Cassidy a lecture on the sideline about blowing that assingment. Ameer was running the kickoff back and bo looked to see what was going on and Cassidy put his helmet on and ran! Bo turned back to yell at him some more and he was gone. Bo did a double take and looked like he was confused as to what happened i had to rewind that a few times just so I could see the look on Bo's face.

:laughpound

Yes, that was awesome.

It's not so much about Cassidy being a poor athlete as it is blowing his assignment. I don't remember O'Hanlon being a particularly great athlete but he played the position well. Cassidy got beat twice on the same play, once the pass went out of bounds and the other time it was costly.

Remember all the grief O'Hanlon took early in 2009? People ripping him up one side and down the other. By the end of the season they were all jumping on the Matty-O bandwagon. I have nothing but faith in this secondary. There will be blown assignments here and there, we may lose a game or three because of them, but for the most part they'll be fine.

????:rollin :rollin

Remember all the grief O'Hanlon took early in 2009? People ripping him up one side and down the other. By the end of the season they were all jumping on the Matty-O bandwagon. I have nothing but faith in this secondary. There will be blown assignments here and there, we may lose a game or three because of them, but for the most part they'll be fine.

????

What is it you find so funny about that? You think we're going to be undefeated this year?

????

What is it you find so funny about that? You think we're going to be undefeated this year?

Losing 2 or 3 games because of one position set. Then saying that they'll be fine seems, well, counterintuitive to me.

No I don't think we'll go undefeated this year. People with a low fbiq might postulate that happening. I for one do not see it.

????

Losing 2 or 3 games because of one position set. Then saying that they'll be fine seems, well, counterintuitive to me.

No I don't think we'll go undefeated this year. People with a low fbiq might postulate that happening. I for one do not see it.

It boils down to your definition of "fine." Would you say our 2009 secondary was fine? They lost us the VA Tech game and the Texas Tech game. Overall, though, I'd say they were fine.