Pitt vs. Iowa

Treand3

If the game ends like this it should quiet the iowa fans for a few days...now we just need to silence these Huskie fans for a while...

Exactly, we need to focus and handle UW. Pitt is about to score again, Iowa, as we know, have a lot of questions. I dunno about Herbstreit's B1G prediction, which was questionable to begin with.

We were booing the refs a little and some boos were aimed at the play calling but not the team. That game was insane. 3 quarters of the worst football I have seen us play since Ferentz's first couple of years at Iowa followed by the biggest comeback in school history. I still can't talk. Pitt started playing the prevent instead of sticking with what they had done the first three quarters and our OC finally realized that when you are down 3 scores maybe running off tackle into 8 in the box isn't the best move.

We were booing the refs a little and some boos were aimed at the play calling but not the team. That game was insane. 3 quarters of the worst football I have seen us play since Ferentz's first couple of years at Iowa followed by the biggest comeback in school history. I still can't talk. Pitt started playing the prevent instead of sticking with what they had done the first three quarters and our OC finally realized that when you are down 3 scores maybe running off tackle into 8 in the box isn't the best move.

I honestly don't understand Ferentz sometimes, he makes some boneheaded coaching decisions, see ISU game, and then lets the dogs loose, see Pitt game. As a native Iowan I know alot more about the Iowa program than I do most programs minus the Huskers. I never thought he deserved the money he is making and I'm wondering if Iowa fans are getting sick and tired of his "safe" playcalling?

Yes we are getting sick of the safe playcalling - but we also know that he is a genius when it comes to finding underrated talent and developing them into NFL players. I would rather deal with 1 game a year being frustrated because in game coaching cost us the game than 8 games a year wishing we still had someone that knew how to recruit and develop the talent.