Crowd on Saturday

husker_doc

I think the biggest issue isn't the number of syllables in a word or sentence but the fact it's potential change. People hate change. When status quo is disrupted, people tend to flip out.

Am I supposed to be a man, am I supposed to say, "It's OK, I don't mind, I don't mind"? Well, I mind! I mind big time! And you know what the worst part is? I NEVER LEARNED TO READ.

• Fire 2

I personally don't like the Can't Be Beat, Won't Be Beat chant, I like the Husker Power chant as that currently gets EVERYONE in the stadium going. The chant can stay, and maybe it will grow but if we want to be loud and sound intimidating all we have to do is the Husker Power chant. Hell, all South Carolina fans do is scream...all Mississippi State fans do is ring cowbells...there isn't anything wrong with the status quo if it works.

As for the stadium on Saturday, I noticed on multiple occasions the section in the south stadium immediately to the left of the far left student seating stood up and got loud when the team needed it. And honestly, that's what most of the non-student fans are going to do. The students will make the noise, the rest of the crowd will support them when they really need it. Would I like it to be louder? Absolutely. But the stadium noise was great on Saturday in my opinion

The Husker Power chant is awesome, I agree. Definitely nothing wrong with it. It blew me away when I went to my first ever Husker game 4 years ago and I still absolutely love it. Between the band, the hand-waving, the Husker Power chants, and the general noise, I don't find much wrong with Memorial Stadium's atmosphere besides the occasionally lacking volume.

If our QB wants the crowd to quiet down, we're doing OK.

I think that's the opposite of what is good. The idea is to make the opposing QB want the crowd to quiet down.

It means the crowd was excited and was jacked up...not a bad thing, certainly a good thing. And the opposing QB isn't going to literally show him wanting fans to be quiet

Of course the crowd was jacked up. We had just recovered a fumble at the goalline. Nobody debates the fact that Nebraska's crowd can be electric. The problem is that it's usually only electric for about 3% of the season.

Every single home game of the year, the crowd should be as jacked as it was for 2009 Oklahoma. It's really easy - all you have to do is yell as loud as you can. But our crowd is too lazy or prissy or unrealistic or just trying too hard to be a bunch of "football intellectuals," for us to have that kind of atmosphere on a regular basis.

I can't stand it when people praise the crowd for being electric at a big game. Any stadium has a great atmosphere when Ohio State or Texas or Oklahoma comes to town. The stadium atmospheres that set themselves apart are the ones that have a great atmosphere even when their team is in a dogfight with Kansas. That shouldn't be too much to ask of the self-proclaimed "Greatest Fans in College Football."

• Fire 2

I think the biggest issue isn't the number of syllables in a word or sentence but the fact it's potential change. People hate change. When status quo is disrupted, people tend to flip out.

Am I supposed to be a man, am I supposed to say, "It's OK, I don't mind, I don't mind"? Well, I mind! I mind big time! And you know what the worst part is? I NEVER LEARNED TO READ.

AND THE MAN IN THE BACK SAID "EVERYONE ATTACK! " AND IT TURNED TO A BALLROOM BLITZ!!!!

+100000. You wasted it on this thread though....

Of course the crowd was jacked up. We had just recovered a fumble at the goalline. Nobody debates the fact that Nebraska's crowd can be electric. The problem is that it's usually only electric for about 3% of the season.

Every single home game of the year, the crowd should be as jacked as it was for 2009 Oklahoma. It's really easy - all you have to do is yell as loud as you can. But our crowd is too lazy or prissy or unrealistic or just trying too hard to be a bunch of "football intellectuals," for us to have that kind of atmosphere on a regular basis.

I can't stand it when people praise the crowd for being electric at a big game. Any stadium has a great atmosphere when Ohio State or Texas or Oklahoma comes to town. The stadium atmospheres that set themselves apart are the ones that have a great atmosphere even when their team is in a dogfight with Kansas. That shouldn't be too much to ask of the self-proclaimed "Greatest Fans in College Football."

Thank you. +1

My opinion......

Attending 'The' event is the most overrated thing out there. You pay to stand in line, sit next to a fatty, hold it when you really need to go, wait for commercials and pay $17.50 to eat/drink. I've been to Husker, Bowl Games, NFL, MLB and Nascar events and it's all the same.

I think more people attend events to tell people 'I was there' then will actually admit it. My point.....People get bored! My favorite example is the Spring Game. Down right painful.

My oldest has been to 15+ games and I haven't had to take him to one. There is always a grandpa that wants to do it. I get to sit under the bridge or in the basement where I would rather be. I'm sure I'll get bashed because that is some right of passage.....bad parenting.

I'm pretty sure the crowd was loud when we were in a dogfight with Fresno State. Memorial Stadium knows when it's time to get loud. When we're winning by 37 we're not going to be loud. When we're losing by 37, we're not going to be loud (because most stadiums aren't loud if there team is getting stomped). But if it's a dogfight, fans know that they can help and they get loud...I don't think people give enough credit to the majority of the fans in Memorial Stadium.