Bo and Taylor growing?

Husker_x

These kind of topics tend to go away when there's nothing to complain about. Here's to reversing a trend.

I watched the press conference today with Bo. It was long, almost a full half hour. He was funny, engaged, informative, relaxed, patient, positive--after his defense gave up 38 points and fell apart in the fourth quarter. His sideline demeanor so far this season has been impeccable. I know he was zoned in on Thursday and some of the local papers jumped on him for an abbreviated interview, but overall I think we should commend a guy for improving as the face of the program. It has the opportunity to hell real quick, but so far so good. What we're seeing so far this season is a Head Coach, not just a fiery coordinator.

As for Taylor--he celebrates with his guys, had one of the best games of his career on Saturday. He's in front of the cameras answering questions almost every week. He's not Billy Graham, but he's doing what he can do as a key guy, and is vastly improved from this time a year ago. Major kudos. It seems the absence of a few unfortunate influences along with a fresh start on offense has boosted his confidence.

Anyway, we hear no end of the madness when things go wrong. Thought a positive slant might be a breath of fresh air.

• Fire 9

These kind of topics tend to go away when there's nothing to complain about. Here's to reversing a trend.

I watched the press conference today with Bo. It was long, almost a full half hour. He was funny, engaged, informative, relaxed, patient, positive--after his defense gave up 38 points and fell apart in the fourth quarter. His sideline demeanor so far this season has been impeccable. I know he was zoned in on Thursday and some of the local papers jumped on him for an abbreviated interview, but overall I think we should commend a guy for improving as the face of the program. It has the opportunity to hell real quick, but so far so good. What we're seeing so far this season is a Head Coach, not just a fiery coordinator.

As for Taylor--he celebrates with his guys, had one of the best games of his career on Saturday. He's in front of the cameras answering questions almost every week. He's not Billy Graham, but he's doing what he can do as a key guy, and is vastly improved from this time a year ago. Major kudos. It seems the absence of a few unfortunate influences along with a fresh start on offense has boosted his confidence.

Anyway, we hear no end of the madness when things go wrong. Thought a positive slant might be a breath of fresh air.

There's no question in my mind that both are growing there respective roles. I had a feeling that this was going to happen and look forward to their continued growth. Hope they keep it up! GBR

Maybe Bo's wife did 'that thing he really likes', and it transferred over to the presser? ;)

• Fire 1

You know, I was thinking many of these same thoughts earlier today.

Bo: He is always going to have his bad days, we all do. But his overall demeanor has been much better. I think we are seeing a coach settle into his chair a little bit now that he has a few years to instill his program. I know it wasn't a offense/defense change when he came, but an entire culture change, and that culture has really settled in (thanks in part to guys like #22). This has to be a huge relief to Bo. The program can almost run itself. He also has a coaching staff of "his" guys.

Taylor: Something with him has clicked it seems. He is more engaged and his field presence has been elevated. He looked extremely cool running the offense against Washington, even when game wasn't a definite win. He is important to this offense and we are extremely lucky to have him under center. He is only going to get better... His pocket presence and decision making reminds me of a guy that's a sophomore. No surprise he bolts from the pocket when he shouldn't and throws a ball he shouldn't from time to time. (wtf was that one throw into the end zone after he did the pump fake?)

I'm not saying T-Mart is or needs to be a 'rah rah' guy, but I guess I'm not seeing what others are? After TD's, Taylor is maybe congratulated by one player, and if someone else scores, I never see him. I'm not saying he doesn't do it, but I don't see it...anyone got any video to support his new-found enthusiasm, or his teammates' enthusiasm for him?

I'm not saying T-Mart is or needs to be a 'rah rah' guy, but I guess I'm not seeing what others are? After TD's, Taylor is maybe congratulated by one player, and if someone else scores, I never see him. I'm not saying he doesn't do it, but I don't see it...anyone got any video to support his new-found enthusiasm, or his teammates' enthusiasm for him?

How about his composure on the field when the chips are down?