Uncle Rico Magic

icedavis

I have been trying to figure out for a while now what Taylor Martinez throwing style was like and not until today did someone suggest the likeness to Uncle Rico.

"How much you wanna bet I can throw this football over them mountains?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnyDUJMw6xg

http://movieclips.com/qV2M-napoleon-dynamite-movie-uncle-rico-could-have-gone-pro/0/93.507

I hadn't heard it before so the idea isn't mine but I made a little photo in jest.

6165099066_2d3beb1e84_z.jpg

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post, so if the mods move it, then so be it.

• Fire 5

Sure, nobody will mistake T-Mart for Aaron Rodgers. But it's odd that we see this thread now. Martinez has been a LOT more effective throwing the ball this year than last. Let's hope it carries over into conf play.

I don't know if I'd say that quite yet. He's still below 50 percent completion percentage and has a tendency to try throws that don't make a lot of sense (i.e. throwing a very bad ball into the end zone in the third quarter Saturday that was almost an interception). That said, I do think he's making better decisions as a whole this year.

As far as this comparison, awesome!

He is no Joe Montana. Remember it is only really about the way he throws and very much less about the effectiveness. Just a funny comparison to the style.

I joke that it looks like he is trying to hit the moon with each longer pass because he dips underneath so much. In the end it doesn't really matter how you throw as long as the pass is completed. Tim Tebow proved that. It just won't always work with a less effective throwing style at higher levels. Tim Tebow is also proving that.

I agree that he has mostly been making better decisions this year. Interceptions notwithstanding. :D

Now just put Taylor's head on him and it'll be perfect! (I guess Napoleon must be Kinnie considering he didn't catch it)

Haha, his head remains relatively still so finding a matching T-mart headshot and photoshopping it into the .gif should be relatively easy. I haven't made an animated .gif before, maybe I will give it a shot after work.

Now just put Taylor's head on him and it'll be perfect! (I guess Napoleon must be Kinnie considering he didn't catch it)

Haha, his head remains relatively still so finding a matching T-mart headshot and photoshopping it into the .gif should be relatively easy. I haven't made an animated .gif before, maybe I will give it a shot after work.

:lol: You could probably put different heads on all of them! That would be hilarious!