Wyoming gearing up for biggest game in school's history

I'm surprised they consider this their biggest home game ever. Nothing on the line here. If Wyoming wins, it means nothing for their season. I would think a conference game with the championship on the line, or a game with a potential bowl bid, would be bigger.

Weird.

Yeah...this really isn't anything special. Their OC is calling it "the biggest game in program history.", which it clearly is not. The biggest game would be one that propels the program to greater heights, or sets them up to make a run nationally. Unfortunately, they'll probably lose 4+ games this year and this game doesn't have that much of an impact to it.

Personally, I think they're setting themselves up for a let down. If they lose this game, and lose it in bad fashion, it could be a real season destroyer after using this mentality.

Do you guys not understand that every team we go against is their BIG game for that year? This has been going on for 4 decades now. Wow wake up.

I'm surprised they consider this their biggest home game ever. Nothing on the line here. If Wyoming wins, it means nothing for their season. I would think a conference game with the championship on the line, or a game with a potential bowl bid, would be bigger.

Weird.

Yeah...this really isn't anything special. Their OC is calling it "the biggest game in program history.", which it clearly is not. The biggest game would be one that propels the program to greater heights, or sets them up to make a run nationally. Unfortunately, they'll probably lose 4+ games this year and this game doesn't have that much of an impact to it.

Personally, I think they're setting themselves up for a let down. If they lose this game, and lose it in bad fashion, it could be a real season destroyer after using this mentality.

Do you guys not understand that every team we go against is their BIG game for that year? This has been going on for 4 decades now. Wow wake up.

I said absolutely nothing about this being the biggest game of the year - I said their OC came out and said that this is the biggest game in their program's history. There is clearly a difference between these two sentences.

Obviously this is the biggest game of the year for them save Boise State. But to come out and say this is the biggest game in their program's history? I don't buy it. If they win this game, about all it does is get them closer to bowl eligibility. They'll still probably be a .500 team and this won't drastically change anything in the eyes of the guys they recruit.

Weird.

I said absolutely nothing about this being the biggest game of the year - I said their OC came out and said that this is the biggest game in their program's history. There is clearly a difference between these two sentences.

Obviously this is the biggest game of the year for them save Boise State. But to come out and say this is the biggest game in their program's history? I don't buy it. If they win this game, about all it does is get them closer to bowl eligibility. They'll still probably be a .500 team and this won't drastically change anything in the eyes of the guys they recruit.

Exactly. I'm not sure where the misunderstanding came from about "biggest game of the year/biggest game in program history." :dunno

it is a big game for them, especially since they are undefeated this year.....i understand it.

Here's the only reason I disagree with it. There's no question it's a big game for them. Technically speaking it's a big game for us, too. We can't lose this game and get where we want to be as a program.

However, the idea of the "biggest game in program history" just doesn't fit here. Wyoming is not a great football team, and that's been true historically as well. They're on no one's radar. They win this game and they get one step closer to bowl eligibility. However, what else does it do? It gives them recognition for about a week. They're still going to be a .500 team given their talent/schedule, and this game won't propel them as a program.

Now, if this game were in say mid-November, Wyoming was undefeated and beating us meant a chance to go to a BCS bowl for the first time in program history...then yes, I'd say that could be the biggest game in program history. But a non-con game in mid-September? Come on.

Besides, we should all remember the last time Nebraska tried to hype up a game like this. 2007...USC. People (namely fans) were marking this game as "the game" to put Nebraska back up into the top tier of programs nation wide. And we came out and laid a GIANT egg. What happens if Wyoming does the same thing? What kind of a psyche or mentality does that leave on a football team? Seemed to have left a pretty bad one on ours.

Personally, I think this was a bad decision by their coach. There's no use sugar coating the difficulty of it for them, but that's a lot of pressure to put on a team that probably can't handle it.

And I think all of you are looking at this topic way to hard. I don't think they mean it as what it will do for them as schedule wise or where they will rank at the end of the game.

Reread the article and all they mention is money to their city/college and such. Having to add more seats to cover the fans, plus adding more stuff on the outside to accommodate the fans.

If you look at it this way, then I agree that this game will be the biggest game in their program. They sold the most season tickets this year. I can bet that it is because of this game.

Quit over analyzing everything like we do with our team after a game and just look at the simple things. Not to mention this is a border state which probably means more then the Texas game.

• Fire 1

And I think all of you are looking at this topic way to hard. I don't think they mean it as what it will do for them as schedule wise or where they will rank at the end of the game.

Reread the article and all they mention is money to their city/college and such. Having to add more seats to cover the fans, plus adding more stuff on the outside to accommodate the fans.

If you look at it this way, then I agree that this game will be the biggest game in their program. They sold the most season tickets this year. I can bet that it is because of this game.

Quit over analyzing everything like we do with our team after a game and just look at the simple things. Not to mention this is a border state which probably means more then the Texas game.

You just spent far more time analyzing this thread than anyone responding above you spent analyzing that article. ;):P

Weird.

And for Nebraska this is the 2nd biggest game this week - after the NU-Penn St volleyball.

Weird.

And for Nebraska this is the 2nd biggest game this week - after the NU-Penn St volleyball.

I don't know, the NU-NW women's soccer match was pretty big.