Worried?

EZ-E

On offense we're showing all of our cards. Heck, we're showing cards from the poker game down the street.

Actually, we're not. There's more. I just wonder how much more they have installed and are comfortable running.

I’ll be surprised if we show any sets we haven’t already put on the field. And when conf play kicks in we probably won’t see gadget stuff so much. Like the diamond formation, and the arcing 40 yard rainbow passes. B1G DBs will feast on us if we throw passes like that in October.

This thread is giving me chills, if we shock wisconsin the whole nation will be like wtf happened, and bo will have that smirk on his face and i think i might die of enjoyment...cmon oct 1

As awesome as it would/will be... I just have this feeling that after the way we have struggled through our non-conference schedule, if we go out and beat Wisconsin, people all over the nation will just say that the B1G is dog$#!&. I'll admit, it's not real strong this year, but if it were an SEC situation, the view on it would be completely opposite.

No amount of genius can beat being beaten in one on one coverage.

#11 getting thrown out of the way at the line, Blatchford being 5 steps behind every route.

That ain't scheme

Until we fix some of our personnel skill and speed problems, I'm not going to be too optimistic about a remarkable Pelini scheme saving us.

No amount of genius can beat being beaten in one on one coverage.

#11 getting thrown out of the way at the line, Blatchford being 5 steps behind every route.

That ain't scheme

Until we fix some of our personnel skill and speed problems, I'm not going to be too optimistic about a remarkable Pelini scheme saving us.

no worries, Dennard coming back will take care of both your "problems"

Spot on as usual EZ

I just read this kind of stuff and laugh, how can one reasonably expect freshman and sophomores, making their first couple of starts, to walk on the field and play to the level of the NFL dbs we lost....sorry its not going to happen. As Coach Raymond said yesterday the only way to learn as a corner is experience by making mistakes. These guys are busting their asses staying after practice every single day to get better. They will get better, and Dennard is going to really help. By the middle of October all were going to hear is..."pelini's defense is finally playing up the level we thought they would at the beginning of the season" ....random "expert"

I just read this kind of stuff and laugh, how can one reasonably expect freshman and sophomores, making their first couple of starts, to walk on the field and play to the level of the NFL dbs we lost....sorry its not going to happen. As Coach Raymond said yesterday the only way to learn as a corner is experience by making mistakes. These guys are busting their asses staying after practice every single day to get better. They will get better, and Dennard is going to really help. By the middle of October all were going to hear is..."pelini's defense is finally playing up the level we thought they would at the beginning of the season" ....random "expert"

I don't think anyone expects freshmen and sophomores to play equal to Hagg, Gomes and/or Prince - in fact, I think they expect just the opposite. Hence the worry.

There is no doubt you are correct that they will get better, and I'm not coming down on these guys for being young, but at the same time that youth leads to mistakes, which lead to scores, which can lead to losses. I'm concerned about that - even though I realize we'll likely lose two-three games this year.

Don't you worry/show concern about losses?

Not worried about the defense. Am worried about the offense.

Really?

The Oline is a project but it looks like we have outrageous speed & talent at all of our skill positions. I really can't think of an NU team that was that loaded. Maybe 1983 but that would be it. Or maybe it just's the kool-aid but that's how I see it. Beck looks awesome to me so far but we'll see.....

GBR!!