So, if we beat Wisconsin...

Saunders

I'm one of the "hating" realists. To those with the rose colored glasses who see no flaws in our team, answer these questions:

1. How is are defense going to contain a mobile Wisconsin qb when they couldn't do it against Fresno?

2. How is the defense going to stuff Wisconsin's heralded running game when they've given up over nearly 200 yards+ to lesser quality opponnents?

3. How will Martinez manage not to get picked against faster defenses when he consistently underthrows his targets and rarely hits a receiver in a stride?

4. Martinez has fumbled nearly 10+ times already this year. He got most back --but what happens when he's playing a faster defense?

5. The o-line is inconsistent against weaker teams. What happens when they play a real top 10 team?

6. Look at all the teams rated behind us in the top 25. Could we beat all of them or are we overrated?

How about answering this....

1. Find "one" post from "anybody" that stated NU has no flaws.

I wait patiently....

Ah, there it is. The optimists think the team is perfect? Please. You won't find a single post where someone has stated that. There's a huge difference between think Nebraska has a chance to win (which I do) and proclaiming the sky is falling after every dropped pass (which many here do). The mentality of the "realist" on this board, is that if NU loses, they were right, but if NU wins, they're glad for the win. It's pathetic.

I'm one of the "hating" realists. To those with the rose colored glasses who see no flaws in our team, answer these questions:

1. How is are defense going to contain a mobile Wisconsin qb when they couldn't do it against Fresno?

2. How is the defense going to stuff Wisconsin's heralded running game when they've given up over nearly 200 yards+ to lesser quality opponnents?

3. How will Martinez manage not to get picked against faster defenses when he consistently underthrows his targets and rarely hits a receiver in a stride?

4. Martinez has fumbled nearly 10+ times already this year. He got most back --but what happens when he's playing a faster defense?

5. The o-line is inconsistent against weaker teams. What happens when they play a real top 10 team?

6. Look at all the teams rated behind us in the top 25. Could we beat all of them or are we overrated?

Careful, you don't want to be labeled as a whiner by Saunders for having legitimate concerns. I mean, we should be everybody because we're Nebraska right? I am on the side that doesn't feel that Wisky is that good. But I'm expecting a close game that will be tipped in our favor by some big special teams plays or tipped in their favor by us fumbling them the ball, throwing picks or penalties on offense killing drives. Just the way I see it playing out. I guess I'm a hater and a whiner too.

Persecution complex much? At least his concerns were legitimate, versus most of the posts like "Martinez/Cassidy/Compton/Fishers/xxx sucks, what the hell are the coaches thinking."

But hey, I've seen some good things, but because I don't dwell entirely on the negative, I'm a rose colored glasses wearing sunshine pumper, right?

Are we going to win every game? Hell no. Are we going to go 6-6? Not a chance. Enjoy the game folks. It's about the journey, not the finish.

We do have a shot.

We've got to play relatively mistake free football, pound the rock more than we have (including a steady diet of the kids to keep Rex fresh), when T-mart does throw, do it off of rollouts, and our D has to get more pressure, which means not waiting until the 2nd half to actually start turning them loose....

Careful, you don't want to be labeled as a whiner by Saunders for having legitimate concerns. I mean, we should be everybody because we're Nebraska right? I am on the side that doesn't feel that Wisky is that good. But I'm expecting a close game that will be tipped in our favor by some big special teams plays or tipped in their favor by us fumbling them the ball, throwing picks or penalties on offense killing drives. Just the way I see it playing out. I guess I'm a hater and a whiner too.

Persecution complex much? At least his concerns were legitimate, versus most of the posts like "Martinez/Cassidy/Compton/Fishers/xxx sucks, what the hell are the coaches thinking."

But hey, I've seen some good things, but because I don't dwell entirely on the negative, I'm a rose colored glasses wearing sunshine pumper, right?

Are we going to win every game? Hell no. Are we going to go 6-6? Not a chance. Enjoy the game folks. It's about the journey, not the finish.

Look at your thread you started and tell me who has the persectution complex. Like I said in my post, I can see the game going either way... My prediction for the game is 41-38 in favor of Wisconsin. I'm not predicting a blowout by any means. I hope at the very least that we keep it close and don't get embarrassed.

Look at your thread you started and tell me who has the persectution complex. Like I said in my post, I can see the game going either way... My prediction for the game is 41-38 in favor of Wisconsin. I'm not predicting a blowout by any means. I hope at the very least that we keep it close and don't get embarrassed.

LOL.... ok. Because the "realists" haven't been pulling the "hater" line over and over. Whatever. The number of doom and gloom to sunshine pumper posts is about 75:1. Sorry, but it's the truth.

I think Wiscy wins by 10, unless we play much, much better.

I think Nebraska has the advantage when it comes to the game being close. We've had to fight it out into the second half 2, maybe 3 times this year. Which sure may signal some weaknesses, but it could come to our aid when the game is close heading into the 3rd and 4th quarter. I say on paper, the teams are even.

But we fought it out as the home team.... I think if it's a close game in the 4th they've got the advantage because of their crowd.

We need to play like both halves are the second.....which we haven't done yet. If we come out flat like we have in the first three, Wisconsin will feast on it. Just curious Saunders, (seriously) where do you see NU having an advantage? Not being sarcastic. Just wondering what you think.

I think we have the edge on special teams, assuming our kick coverage is a tad better. That could end up being the difference in this game. Other than that, I think Wisky has the edge on Offense and we are pretty even on defense. They're D is slow so we should match up fairly well with them.

I'm one of those people who isn't terribly worried. One of my main reasons is our defense. Every FREAKS about our "pathetic" defense.... I'm sorry, but am I the only one who noticed that our three All-Americans haven't even been on the field at the same time yet this season?! The secondary was much improved last night with Dennard. Sure, we gave up some big plays, but as we've said before, the kids are young. It's bound to happen some time, and I'd rather it be versus Wyoming and Fresno State than in conference play.

Big plays in the secondary come from no pressure up front or with a poor secondary. We've seen both of those situations thus far. Early in the year, we managed to get pressure on the QB with our line, but with a bunch of freshman and sophomores running around behind them, it clearly didn't work. Last night, with Dennard back, we were able to shut down many of the options down field, but with our line not getting pressure, the QB was bound to find something with the amount of time he repeatedly had. With Crick, David, and Dennard all out there next week, I just don't see this "the sky is falling" attitude a lot of us seem to be finding?

I think Nebraska has the advantage when it comes to the game being close. We've had to fight it out into the second half 2, maybe 3 times this year. Which sure may signal some weaknesses, but it could come to our aid when the game is close heading into the 3rd and 4th quarter. I say on paper, the teams are even.

But we fought it out as the home team.... I think if it's a close game in the 4th they've got the advantage because of their crowd.

Maybe.... but as we've seen the last 2 years, our team has played pretty well on the road, and the crowd hasn't really made a difference.

I actually think Washington's defense is faster and just an overall better defense than what i have seen from Wisconsin. They have shown terrible lateral pursuit and if that holds true then we might see Nebraska's second to last driven against Wyo ( toss left, toss right) the entire game come Saturday.