So, if we beat Wisconsin...

Saunders

Well, that and the ENDLESS posts...let me repeat that...."ENDLESS" posts by NU fans whining, sobbing and crying that Tmart isn't Dan Marino.

They simply can't comprehend that we're now a "run-first" offense. They also can't comprehend the benefits that come with greased lightning at qb like frequently wide open wrs. Or how it that vastly improves our running game and that running ball successfully wins games. They just can't grasp it.

Those handful of us posters older than 15 remember quite well NU having huge success with "very" marginal passers like Crouch, Frazier & Frost. Those guys were major threats with their feet too and no one confused them with D. Fouts.

Lastly, as daskers posted a few weeks ago, it's extremely obvious that a large portion of that crowd really want Tmart to fail. Oh, they'll deny that but they're lying through their teeth as their endless posts tearing the kid apart show so well. "Our" kid. "Our" qb.

It's disgusting to say the very least.

We've been a run-first team for years now, I think everyone knows that. What people are concerned about is what happens when we play a good defense that can shut down the run. You can't win a game if your running game gets shut down and you can't pass either.

Nobody is denying Taylor is very fast and athletic, it's the fact people don't think he makes a good QB, that maybe his abilities will be better off used elsewhere, like maybe WR. I can see their point of view bc he can't pass, which a QB needs to be able to doin college football this day and age. As for me, I'm trying not to come to any conclusions until we play a good defense. But judging on what I've seen so far out of Taylor's passing, if Wisconsin shuts down the run, we will lose. And this is the Big 10, that is what defenses in the Big 10 focus on, is stopping the run.

The bolded part is what I have a problem with. So if you don't remember the NC era, your opinion doesn't count now I guess. I think us younger guys have seen enough college football nowadays to realize our passing attack is not good and could really hurt us down the line. We have gotten away with it thus far because the competition has not been very stellar. Our line is not physically dominating like we had in the NC era, so we cannot just rely on the run to win us games. The concern (not whining or crying) is legitimate, whether you like it or not.

When I was a young pup, my wisdom and intelligence were at their peak. Things were so clear and the answers were so black and white. Why didn't everyone see them? As the years passed, unfortunately I've become progressively less wise and intelligent.

So forgive "oldsters" like bshirt and myself for we no longer have that clarity that youth once provided us. What was once surely cannot apply now. The history of our lives is just that.......history. Nothing we knew or observed then can now be applied to this brave, new world.

Entertain an old fart by letting him ask a simple question: if Nebraska had one of those newfangled passing attacks with little to no run game like Texas Tech had under the Mad Scientist, would the diapers around here still be in as big of a bunch because we didn't have a good running game?

Now I'd better go trim the hair out of my ears.

Where in my post did you see me say we need to throw the ball 60x a game? I said if a team shuts down our run game, what do we do if our passing game sucks, also? Entertain a young buck by answering that simple question.

Well, that and the ENDLESS posts...let me repeat that...."ENDLESS" posts by NU fans whining, sobbing and crying that Tmart isn't Dan Marino.

They simply can't comprehend that we're now a "run-first" offense. They also can't comprehend the benefits that come with greased lightning at qb like frequently wide open wrs. Or how it that vastly improves our running game and that running ball successfully wins games. They just can't grasp it.

Those handful of us posters older than 15 remember quite well NU having huge success with "very" marginal passers like Crouch, Frazier & Frost. Those guys were major threats with their feet too and no one confused them with D. Fouts.

Lastly, as daskers posted a few weeks ago, it's extremely obvious that a large portion of that crowd really want Tmart to fail. Oh, they'll deny that but they're lying through their teeth as their endless posts tearing the kid apart show so well. "Our" kid. "Our" qb.

It's disgusting to say the very least.

We've been a run-first team for years now, I think everyone knows that. What people are concerned about is what happens when we play a good defense that can shut down the run. You can't win a game if your running game gets shut down and you can't pass either.

Nobody is denying Taylor is very fast and athletic, it's the fact people don't think he makes a good QB, that maybe his abilities will be better off used elsewhere, like maybe WR. I can see their point of view bc he can't pass, which a QB needs to be able to doin college football this day and age. As for me, I'm trying not to come to any conclusions until we play a good defense. But judging on what I've seen so far out of Taylor's passing, if Wisconsin shuts down the run, we will lose. And this is the Big 10, that is what defenses in the Big 10 focus on, is stopping the run.

The bolded part is what I have a problem with. So if you don't remember the NC era, your opinion doesn't count now I guess. I think us younger guys have seen enough college football nowadays to realize our passing attack is not good and could really hurt us down the line. We have gotten away with it thus far because the competition has not been very stellar. Our line is not physically dominating like we had in the NC era, so we cannot just rely on the run to win us games. The concern (not whining or crying) is legitimate, whether you like it or not.

When I was a young pup, my wisdom and intelligence were at their peak. Things were so clear and the answers were so black and white. Why didn't everyone see them? As the years passed, unfortunately I've become progressively less wise and intelligent.

So forgive "oldsters" like bshirt and myself for we no longer have that clarity that youth once provided us. What was once surely cannot apply now. The history of our lives is just that.......history. Nothing we knew or observed then can now be applied to this brave, new world.

Entertain an old fart by letting him ask a simple question: if Nebraska had one of those newfangled passing attacks with little to no run game like Texas Tech had under the Mad Scientist, would the diapers around here still be in as big of a bunch because we didn't have a good running game?

Now I'd better go trim the hair out of my ears.

Where in my post did you see me say we need to throw the ball 60x a game? I said if a team shuts down our run game, what do we do if our passing game sucks, also? Entertain a young buck by answering that simple question.

Well, first of all our running game has been stuffed like a can of sardines vs any decent (great not required) defense since the mighty Callahan arrived even with competent passers like J. Ganz, Z. Taylor, etc (not counting garbage time). Funny there was little or no whining & sobbing about that, huh?

Secondly, if you young bucks had the slightest clue about what a real Oline can do you wouldn't be bitching & moaning forever about Tmart. It's a miracle he gets the big runs he does with the ultra-ultra marginal Oline we had last year and is still a huge project this year. It would have been rough, rough sledding for Frazier, Crouch or Frost with this team. Throw in our wrs dropping balls everywhere last year and the start of this year and it would have been brutal.

You could have thrown in a competent "game manager" pocket passer last year for NU and we would have got 2009 again. A supremely efficient 3 & out machine. Between a marginal Oline and wrs with hands of stone it would have been a perfect repeat of the previous year. When healthy, Tmart's runs opened up a lot of plays for us. When hobbled, we were right back to where we were.

Now we have opponent DCs doing everything they can think of to limit Tmart's runs which results in frequently wide open wrs and better running lanes for our rbs. In case you haven't noticed, our offense with a healthy Tmart is NOT 2009's offense. We now even have wrs who are catching the ball and the sky is the limit. So why the constant dissing of the kid is just over my head.

Sure, if you can get a qb who runs like the wind "and" is a great pocket passer of course I agree with benching Tmart. The problem is they're essentially non-existent. We can win and win big with this kid. Have a little patience my friend. You'll see....

GBR!!

I hate to say it, but I see a Texas Tech type game if we are not careful. This could get away from us very quickly. I have not felt this bad about a game since the Texas Tech fiasco. Our only salvation is that they have played lesser teams than we have. That Bo seems to get them to play to the level of the competition. We can only hope that is the situation. Either way I will be cheering for the win, and if we lose will realize we got beat by a better team on that day.

Which Texas Tech fiasco?

It's sad that we have to be more specific about "the time we were embarrassed by TT." :(

Exactly.

If we beat Wisconsin, I could really see the Ohio State game being a replay of the '09 Texas Tech fiasco. We came away from Missouri on cloud 9 without a care in the world. Tech brought us back to earth in a hurry.

I like that we're underdogs on the road. We seem to function better in that scenario.

I don't think either D matches-up well the opposition's O. I see a lot of points being scored.

If we can not blow-our leg off with penalties/turnovers and get a cheap score off turnovers/ST's we have a solid shot.

You're totally straw-manning.

No, not really.

Yes, you fabricated some enemy who supposedly said all of these incredibly negative things yet haven't even produced a single quote to back it up (nevermind that it would take several quotes from several different people to demonstrate this pervasive negative attitude that you're complaining about). Instead you have vaguely pointed to a position that no one holds and easily batted at an argument that no one makes. I'd almost think that you're simply complaining that there are people who who have opinions different from your own.

Really? No... really? You're actually going to deny that any of those things have been said? You're right. Not one poster has said "Cassidy sucks." Not one person has said "WTF are the coaches doing." Not one person has said "we have an absolutely terrible secondary." Not one person has said that they'd take any of the QB's we've played against over TM. None. I'm imagining all of it.

There's no reason for me to gather evidence, just like I don't need to prove that gravity exists. I suggest you read the board.

You're totally straw-manning.

No, not really.

Yes, you fabricated some enemy who supposedly said all of these incredibly negative things yet haven't even produced a single quote to back it up (nevermind that it would take several quotes from several different people to demonstrate this pervasive negative attitude that you're complaining about). Instead you have vaguely pointed to a position that no one holds and easily batted at an argument that no one makes. I'd almost think that you're simply complaining that there are people who who have opinions different from your own.

Fabricated???

lol! Why don't you find someone who can read basic English and have them cruise though some of the threads here. It won't be hard to find (at all).

I will readily admit to being a pessimest (realist), I am definetly a "glass is half empty" type person. Just who I am.

That said, while I think we do have numerous issues to be addressed, I think we do have a good shot at winning this game.

Until we joined the Big 10, most of our talk was how the conference was overrated and extremely slow, I really don't think this has changed this year. I think Wisc will have trouble keeping up with our speed accross the board. I think the big thing for us is to limit penalties and turnovers (Duh, huh?) I don't think they can stop us when we have the ball, I believe they'll load the box initially, but whenever we hit a crease on the corner its going to be a good gainer.

Defensively, I really think Bo will have something different. I think he'll find a way to create pressure, but when we do, we need to finish the play in their backfield. It sure seems like we've missed a lot of potential big losses in the offensive backfield. I think our secondary will look substantially different when we're pressuring the QB. And if Dennard is healthy, he'll limit Toons effectivness. But to think he'll shut him down completely is wishfull thinking (I think).

I think the big difference is special teams. I like us there, Maher and Abdullah are difference makers. We really need to step up our kick coverages though.

I like it 31-27 Nebraska, and if TM is really sharp, I think we could put up 40+ points.

I can’t wait for this game to be over so I don’t have to read or hear WISKY anymore.

Reading the word WISKY SUCKS! I have no legitimate reason for hating this word or as to why it makes my skin scrawl but it just does. I HATE THE WORD OR ABBREVIATION WISKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WISKY TANGO FOXTROT IS ALPHA MIKE, OVER.

I can’t wait for this game to be over so I don’t have to read or hear WISKY anymore.

Reading the word WISKY SUCKS! I have no legitimate reason for hating this word or as to why it makes my skin scrawl but it just does. I HATE THE WORD OR ABBREVIATION WISKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WISKY TANGO FOXTROT IS ALPHA MIKE, OVER.

LIMA OSCAR LIMA

Interesting how a post from some random Iowegian troll can send the whole board into a conniption.

That is easy to do ever since Pederson and Callahan tore apart Husker Nation and turned it into Husker Factions. Which camp are YOU in?

Oh boy, that's the truth. Hope it heals in the next century or two.....