Which way will it go?

My feeling is, if I were a coach, I bench my starters to keep them accident free if the game gets out of hand, and send out my second stringers to run as much of the offense as I can. My goal is to build a perpetual championship team, and rarely do your backups see live time against someone else as a unit. You can run simpler plays and run the ball more to kill clock, but if the other team wants a stop, that's on them. From my perspective it's about getting guys experience. The other team can build a bridge over their river of tears and get over it.

Somehow I doubt that's going to be an issue against Nebraska.

have you guys that are so down about the game next Saturday actually watched Wisconsin's games or are you just looking at the scores and envisioning the 90s huskers? They are more like k-state, play absolutely the weakest non-conference schedules allowable (while still counted for bowl eligibility) and look great doing it...

They haven't yet played anyone with any athletes on defense.

They don't have much of a defense themselves either. Seriously.

Yeah the game could go either way, but its not like Nebraska will walk in there playing like NIU and going for onside kicks in the first quarter after tying the game because they know they can't physically play with them for 4 quarters.... which NIU recovered btw and had ripped out in the pile. They won't have 50 yard fields for half the game.

I have not seen wisconsin play. My wisconsin friend has plenty of concerns on their end. I just don't like the matchup on paper. A powerful run offense against our soft run defense coupled with a turnover prone offense isn't the best matchup. A poster pointed to the Missouri game last year. Our defense was designed to stop that offense.

I don't like the matchup at this point in the season. Is Wisconsin a top team? We don't know. So far they've done what they were supposed to do. But when I see things like a 60% 3rd down conversion rate for their offense it makes me nervous. I'm certainly looking forward to the game but wouldn't be shocked if we fell on our faces early. (I would be shocked if we stayed down all game though)

I have not seen wisconsin play. My wisconsin friend has plenty of concerns on their end. I just don't like the matchup on paper. A powerful run offense against our soft run defense coupled with a turnover prone offense isn't the best matchup. A poster pointed to the Missouri game last year. Our defense was designed to stop that offense.

I don't like the matchup at this point in the season. Is Wisconsin a top team? We don't know. So far they've done what they were supposed to do. But when I see things like a 60% 3rd down conversion rate for their offense it makes me nervous. I'm certainly looking forward to the game but wouldn't be shocked if we fell on our faces early. (I would be shocked if we stayed down all game though)

What exactly did he say was Wisconsin's concern?

Well theres your problem.... you dont like the matchup on paper? Really? Your basing your prediction of this game on some stats.....oooooook.

For those of you who see the Huskers as having no chance at beating the Badgers, I suggest that you go out to someplace like Wiki and look at their past two seasons. They will look far less fearsome after you do this. In addition, keep in mind that if they happen to lose Wilson during the game or at any point during their season, they're completely finished. To put it in perspective: We have more talent behind Martinez than they have behind Wilson. Badger fans should be holding their collective breath anytime they see him turn upfield, because their team is one good hit away from total mediocrity.

What I want to know, is will Bo have our guys take a knee on the 5 yard line instead of driving in for the score--like Wyoming? Because I hope he only does it if we're at least two or three TDs ahead at the end.

i don't care the score, we take a knee. it does not matter if you win or lose, it is how you play the game.

I've seen Wisconsin play. And i'm worried about the game.

But I might bet us at +10. I think we'll keep it close. I wouldn't be totally shocked if we won. I'd be surprised though, for sure.

*goes back to sit in "bad fan" corner of the room*

i agree. and this feels like one of those games i really want to win, so we won't

They are more like k-state.

There it is. I have been trying to put my finger on how I feel about this game, and this sums it up perfectly. They are like a "good" K-State team. Did we have a couple of struggles against them? Yep (but just a few). Were they ever "significant" to us? Not really.

If you look up "wanna-be Nebraska" in the dictionary, the definition would be, "Wisconsin".

Everyone take a deep breath.