Toon

EZ-E

We may shut him down and Dennard may be all over him all game, but I'm worried about their other receivers as well. Our secondary hasn't shown me anything impressive thus far in the season. I'm not willing to have zero faith in a Pelini run defense, but I haven't seen much that has impressed me so far this season. I understand that all of our starters haven't been on the field at the same time so far this year, but still, that just means we don't have alot of depth if this is what our depth is going to look like. If our offensive line could do a consistently good job in every game our offense would be even better then they have been. Our defense needs to stop being a bunch of pussies and get after somebody!

We also had Gomes, Hagg, Prince...this year we have Cassidy...Green....need I go on?

Actually Green wont sniff the field...Dennard, Cassidy who played last year and Stafford and Evans who are new but will hold it down. We will really miss Hagg this season but i dont see anyone on Wisconsins O that will create a mis match against Stafford when he moved down to nickle. Staffords not as good coverage wise as Hagg, but i expect him to have a huge night in run support.

Oklahoma States offense is alot better then Wisconsins ever was or ever though about being. Just better playmakers. If we can keep the running game in check and get some 2 and 3rd and longs its going to be a long night for them. If they are in 2nd and shorts its going to be a long night for us. All comes down to the line and being able to limit the yards rushing. You can bet your ass that they are going to come out in big sets and run the football right at us. We will give up yards running no question about it, so everyone prepare yourselves. Remember that D line takes up blockers to free up the linebackers to make tackles, its not all about penetration and stopping the run with Pelinis D. If we can consitently keep them in 3rd and 7 or more we win this game. No busted coverages no plays over 40. Defense will be back this week.

One comparison I get tired of hearing......................comparing Wisconsin this year to Oklahoma State last year. You can't compare our performance on defense this year to our performance on defense last year against Okie State. I would give anything to have last year's defense back, just not impressed this year, but I'm willing to wait and see how we play against Wisconsin. If we come out and dominate them then I'll retract my statement about our defense................have a feeling that is highly unlikely though. Our secondary last season was 10 times better than our secondary this season. The guys don't have a TON of experience though so I expect them to be much better by the end of the year and by next season.

One comparison I get tired of hearing......................comparing Wisconsin this year to Oklahoma State last year. You can't compare our performance on defense this year to our performance on defense last year against Okie State. I would give anything to have last year's defense back, just not impressed this year, but I'm willing to wait and see how we play against Wisconsin. If we come out and dominate them then I'll retract my statement about our defense................have a feeling that is highly unlikely though. Our secondary last season was 10 times better than our secondary this season. The guys don't have a TON of experience though so I expect them to be much better by the end of the year and by next season.

In my comparison i said that Ok state had alot better offense, and yes of course we had a better defense. We have obviously dropped a little the first few games with some new guys in, but we are also facing a less potent offense in Wisconsin, so in my opinion it levels itself out a little. If we were playing Ok state this Sat with Dana as OC i would say we would have almost no chance of stopping them with these new guys in the secondary, and they would roll us in a shootout. I dont feel that way about Wisconsin having watched 90% of thier games this year, they are not on the same level, more on the level that we can handle. And dont forget the genius that is Dana Holgerson..sp? calling plays, that we wont have to deal with....see what he did to LSUs defense? Crazy.

In my comparison i said that Ok state had alot better offense, and yes of course we had a better defense. We have obviously dropped a little the first few games with some new guys in, but we are also facing a less potent offense in Wisconsin, so in my opinion it levels itself out a little. If we were playing Ok state this Sat with Dana as OC i would say we would have almost no chance of stopping them with these new guys in the secondary, and they would roll us in a shootout. I dont feel that way about Wisconsin having watched 90% of thier games this year, they are not on the same level, more on the level that we can handle. And dont forget the genius that is Dana Holgerson..sp? calling plays, that we wont have to deal with....see what he did to LSUs defense? Crazy.

I can see what you're saying.............

My only worry about this guy that people are making such a big deal about is if Fonzie is healthy. If Fonzie is healthy, Toon has no chance to have an impact.

NU saw the best passing attacks in the nation last year in Big Tweleve. There is not a single team in the Big Ten that rivals a Big Tweleve team in terms of passing games.

i'm not nearly as worried about Toon as i am about the TE.

Russell Wilson has made Toon look really good. If Toon gets a decent payday in the NFL, he needs to remember to buy RW's kids nice presents on their birthdays for the rest of his life, lol.

this is pretty unfair. nick toon deserves all the credit for the way he's started this year and it has more to do with him being healthy for once more than it has to do with RW. I don't think RW helped him out on that one handed catch he made in the first quarter last week or that tip-toe down the sideline touchdown.

Toon is a great player. RW hasn't made him look good, he's done plenty of that himself. However, he hasn't faced a shut down corner this year like Fonzie. If Wisconsin wins, it'll be on the ground, or with Jared Abberderis. I've really enjoyed talking football with Wisconsin fans, certainly better than those Washington fans. Man they were awful.

Toon is a great player. RW hasn't made him look good, he's done plenty of that himself. However, he hasn't faced a shut down corner this year like Fonzie. If Wisconsin wins, it'll be on the ground, or with Jared Abberderis. I've really enjoyed talking football with Wisconsin fans, certainly better than those Washington fans. Man they were awful.

I've heard pretty unanimously how great of a cover corner Dennard is, which I am sure is true. I'm pretty intrigued by this match up so let's dive a little deeper. Is Dennard a big tackler for you guys? Toon is a fantastic downfield blocker, and if Dennard is good at shedding blockers I think that battle becomes even more exciting.

Also, I don't think you guys have to worry all that much about Abbracadabra all that much. He's usually just a second or third downfield read, who gets most of his catches on basic out routes. He'll get most of his catches when RW is flushed out of the pocket or rolls out to his right.

Russell Wilson has made Toon look really good. If Toon gets a decent payday in the NFL, he needs to remember to buy RW's kids nice presents on their birthdays for the rest of his life, lol.

this is pretty unfair. nick toon deserves all the credit for the way he's started this year and it has more to do with him being healthy for once more than it has to do with RW. I don't think RW helped him out on that one handed catch he made in the first quarter last week or that tip-toe down the sideline touchdown.

I don't mean to imply that Toon isn't NFL material, just that his prospects for getting a good initial contract at the next level are greatly improved by RW's outstanding play.

I've heard pretty unanimously how great of a cover corner Dennard is, which I am sure is true. I'm pretty intrigued by this match up so let's dive a little deeper. Is Dennard a big tackler for you guys? Toon is a fantastic downfield blocker, and if Dennard is good at shedding blockers I think that battle becomes even more exciting.

Also, I don't think you guys have to worry all that much about Abbracadabra all that much. He's usually just a second or third downfield read, who gets most of his catches on basic out routes. He'll get most of his catches when RW is flushed out of the pocket or rolls out to his right.

Actually IF Dennard is 100%, and frankly that is up for debate, he may be the most physical DB in the B1G. He is known for challenging WRs with hard checks and will even punish them until they are out of bounds, he plays with a mean streak. If what you say about Toon being physical is true, then it should be really fun to watch.

I think our biggest issue is our secondary at this point. UW likes two receiver formations only helping us. I think we can put seven in the box and have decent success stopping them. Will we shut them down? No. But we will do better against the run imo.

\\

I think we will be fine. The most telling quote BO said the otherday...."they havent changed much on offense" that bodes really well for our defense.