Team Jack-Pray

Great story!

Even when you're having the greatest game of your college career at Wyoming - 170 yards rushing on only 15 carries and touchdown runs of 45 and 16 yards - "You definitely have to collect and prepare yourself to keep going out there and sell out every play, and I definitely had a focal point that worked for me," Burkhead said, pointing to a red rubber bracelet that says simply:

Team Jack - Pray

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205305137

Great story!

Even when you're having the greatest game of your college career at Wyoming - 170 yards rushing on only 15 carries and touchdown runs of 45 and 16 yards - "You definitely have to collect and prepare yourself to keep going out there and sell out every play, and I definitely had a focal point that worked for me," Burkhead said, pointing to a red rubber bracelet that says simply:

Team Jack - Pray

http://www.huskers.c...TCLID=205305137

Very cool. Best wishes to little Jack and his family!

• 6 months later...

The Littlest Husker is going to get a chemo port put in this Thursday. Best of luck to you, Jack.

LINK

Schedule Update for Jack

Much of the day today was spent orchestrating the next steps for Jack's medical treatment among the various medical providers. We are so incredibly thankful for the responsiveness of all who are involved in Jack's treatment.

For his chemotherapy, Jack will be treated by Children's Hospital Omaha Pediatric Oncologist Dr. Minnie Abromowitch. The doctors at Children's Hospital Boston will continue to follow Jack and be very actively involved. The medical team for the next step is assembled. We thank God that these highly skilled doctors are collaborative providers and so graciously accept the involvement of others.

For those interested, Jack will undergo an outpatient surgery this Thursday, at 12:00 p.m., in Omaha to have his port placed into his chest. Dr. Abromowitch is also planning on administering Jack's first round of chemotherapy during this trip. Jack will then be on an every Thursday at 1:00 p.m. chemotherapy schedule, tentatively.

We wanted to post this so that our family, friends, and prayer warriors knew Jack's schedule.

We continue to be so incredibly uplifted by everyone's show of support. God has blessed us with such an incredible support system and we are so thankful for that.

Love,

Andy, Bri, Jack, Ava & Reese

Thanks for posting that update Knap. (I had one of my former students go in today to have a tumor in his leg cut out. They had to give him a new knee but he's going to be ok. He's a tough kid.) Any of these kids that have to go through chemo are tough-from the littlest one up to the biggest one! Praying for you little Jack!