Poor officiating

AJ32

The refs were very poor this game. To avoid copyright infringement issues, I have attached links to pictures of multiple instances that were not called.

Face mask

http://huskerextra.c...cd09449.html#58

Face mask

http://huskerextra.c...acd09449.html#5

Holding

http://huskerextra.c...acd09449.html#6

It is tough to win on the road, but it is even tougher to beat two opponents.

NU's two opponents last night were UW and NU

Get off the refs playing a large roll in this loss. For the love of Leodis Flowers. Yes you found an image of Crick being held, guess what though, it has been like that every game for the last THREE years. Numerous games Bo goes ape, the stadium goes ape, even the players go ape about being held.

And for every picture of a hold out there on us, there are probably at least three pics of NUs line holding just as bad.

The biggest facemask not called was on one of Rex's run in the third quarter down NUs sideline, but was later made up for in the drive by a huge no call on a hold on Yoshi. See I can do the no call, refs are against us card too, but then cited a gift from them.

This thread has ran its course thanks to that goddamn Joe Ganz. There is the real culprite here.

The refs were very poor this game. To avoid copyright infringement issues, I have attached links to pictures of multiple instances that were not called.

Face mask

http://huskerextra.c...cd09449.html#58

Face mask

http://huskerextra.c...acd09449.html#5

Holding

http://huskerextra.c...acd09449.html#6

It is tough to win on the road, but it is even tougher to beat two opponents.

I could probably post 15 pictures of Nebraska OL holding our DL if I looked hard enough. Our DE Nzegwu was held the entire game. Everyone holds, and they do it on every play. If you think your team doesn't, you are completely delusional. They can't call every penalty.

I thought the PI on NU against our TE was a terrible call. As to the punch by Ball, as someone else said the play was over for about 2 sec, and a defender was still pulling on his leg trying to tackle him. I don't like seeing a punch in that situation(no place for it at all), but I can understand trying to get the guy to let go.

I saw the right tackle (67) for UW hold on nearly every play and only when the game was out of reach were they called. That was the reason NU last but when you have a QB back there and no one can get to him, you have to look at some of the holding as why that happened.

Dude is 6' 6" or 6'7" and 330. That dude doesn't need to hold but he has perfected it.

Yes, it's the whiskey talking if your trying to blame any of this on the refs.

Yeah, if you think this is the reason we lost please rewatch the game. It all starts with us

3 Int's = 3 TD's

our defense was softer than Abe Simpson

Throwing the ball too much

Those are the reasons we lost

You guys trying to blame the refs? I didn't know that the refs gave us that 31 point blowout win. You got physically dominated on both sides of the ball (that last TD run by Montee Ball, Enough Said!) and your QB is the worst passer I have ever seen. You guys also benefited from some pretty awful calls against Washington so I wouldn't be talking.

what?

• Fire 1

As far as the holding calls, or lack there of, go, reputation does play a big part in things.. They have the reputation of having a really good and physical offensive line. It's going to get a couple of those "could be holding, but may not be" calls to go their way. It's no different than certain players at the next level getting calls that other players wouldn't. I'm pretty sure everyone here agrees that the refs have 0 to do with why we lost the game, but that doesn't mean it was a clean called game. The punch by Ball to Fisher was absolutely uncalled for. I don't care if Fisher would of tackled Ball after he walked in standing up. A punch being thrown has 0 place in football. Period. It should have been flagged.

What's really sad is how some here blasted the Washington fans when they whined about the officiating, but now after we get stomped into a mudhole where the officiating was actually a lot better than the Washington game it's completely ok.

Hypocrisy at its finest indeed.

WHAT?!?!?

• Fire 1

What's really sad is how some here blasted the Washington fans when they whined about the officiating, but now after we get stomped into a mudhole where the officiating was actually a lot better than the Washington game it's completely ok.

Hypocrisy at its finest indeed.

WHAT?!?!?

Something wrong with you?

WHATTTTTT??????

• Fire 1

Everytime we lose someone has to whine about the officials. They kicked our asses. Get over it.

So you think its fine to punch a guy? Cool. I agree we got our asses kicked. That doesn't make the officiating ok. We would have lost even with great officiating. The officiating still sucked.

When he's still trying to pull you down after the whistle had blown and you are five yards deep in the end zone, yeah throwing an open handed punch to shed that guy like a gnat is absolutely fine. That's attitude my friend, something tough teams have. Nebraska defenders may as well have asked the cheerleaders to borrow their skirts after the first series.

It might partially be the whiskey but I definitely saw the RB punch Fisher on their first touchdown... Not okay. And we sucked it up but the officiating didn't help at all.

Well, it looked a lot more like a pretty hard stiff arm (he didn't have a closed fist) and he did it b/c he was five yards deep in the end zone and the play had been whistled dead for a while and the defender was still trying to tackle him for some reason. There may have been a few bad calls, but that is not the reason Nebraska lost.

You guys will have a big victory next week, my alma mater is seriously terrible right now. You all will feel much better next Saturday night.

At some point OSU is going to have to decide on a QB. Both teams looked bad but OSU looked really bad. I thing MSU had 4 turnovers in the game.

I will say you are right we should win this game easily. If it is close or somehow you guys find a way to win - This place will be crazy.