Direction of program

HANC

This is the direction of your program

did you seriously set up an account just to post a link to a youtube video of highlights from a game that happened less than a week ago? listen longhornfacebook, you can't hurt us or upset us anymore than we already are from the game. we don't care about you. you aren't going to get any 'nice digs' from us, because your attempt is lazy and pathetic. good luck against ou this week. good luck winning another national championship with mack brown, who gets the best talent in the world and does nothing with it unless has qb is supernatural, and even then struggles to even get to the big one.

The question is not whether we are in a positive direction or not, obviously we are, the question we should be asking is are we in the right direction and at the right pace as compared with other schools? Think of OU, Alabama, LSU, USC, etc., in the last decade or so when they were mediocre and how long it took their current coaches to get them back on top. In four years time they had all already won a national championship, played for one or were right on the cusp of being elite. In year 4 we are above average but certainly not great and not even close to elite.

Is this a problem? Part of me thinks so, part of me isn't sure. If we can't get to where we need to be by year 4, then how many years will it take?

Very bad examples. Stoops won a NC in his second year at OU. Carroll won a NC his third year at USC. Saban won a NC in year four at LSU. Saban won a NC his third year at Alabama. Les Miles won a NC his third year at LSU. Considering Bo is in his fourth year and we're nowhere even close to winning a NC, I'm not sure how you can put Nebraska in the same category as those schools you mentioned.

Did you even read my post? The entire point of the post was to show that we AREN'T anywhere close, when so many other historically good programs that suffered down times were able to find success quick. You are agreeing with what I said...

The question is not whether we are in a positive direction or not, obviously we are, the question we should be asking is are we in the right direction and at the right pace as compared with other schools? Think of OU, Alabama, LSU, USC, etc., in the last decade or so when they were mediocre and how long it took their current coaches to get them back on top. In four years time they had all already won a national championship, played for one or were right on the cusp of being elite. In year 4 we are above average but certainly not great and not even close to elite.

Is this a problem? Part of me thinks so, part of me isn't sure. If we can't get to where we need to be by year 4, then how many years will it take?

Every single one of those schools has been on probation. Well LSU will be to be technical. I would much, much rather have a slow rise then to deal with violations and forfieting games/championships.