Post practice Bo interview. jeez

DaveH

It's ridiculous how limited media access is through our athletic department. I hate it. I think Bo think's it's a competitive advantage, and the compliance office is just asking to be investigated.

I'll tell you what, they found themselves a coach in Bo who hates the media as much as UNL media relations

What are you talking about? The media has no less access here than any other school. What more access to this school, team, etc should they have? And why in the world do you trust the media with greater access?

Nebraska has way less media access than most schools, by far. They can't cover practice. They rarely let players do interviews. You'd be surprised at the lengths at the lengths one has to go to to talk to a player.

And I don't believe the media is out to destroy the program. They want the story. Unfortunately, some people get mad when you publish the truth. Weird.

• Fire 1

Nebraska has way less media access than most schools, by far. They can't cover practice. They rarely let players do interviews. You'd be surprised at the lengths at the lengths one has to go to to talk to a player.

And I don't believe the media is out to destroy the program. They want the story. Unfortunately, some people get mad when you publish the truth. Weird.

And a school that allows greater access than Nebraska would be.......?

Dealing with the media is part of the job when you are a highly paid head coach at a major program like NU. This isn't his first year, and he knows the drill. He may get tired of the questions, but it's part of his job and I don't know why he has to act like such an a$$ about it. The "legit" media members are simply doing their jobs and they deserve to be treated with respect. Without the media and the fans NU would not have the program that it has.

Bo may be a defensive genius, but he has no class. I'm not calling for his job, though I will be shocked if he's a here a year from now. I'm just surprised that Husker fans aren't more bothered by his antics.

fans will put up with it as long as the program is sucessful, when he starts losing, he will be gone.....i predict this will be his roughest season, got valium?

Dealing with the media is part of the job when you are a highly paid head coach at a major program like NU. This isn't his first year, and he knows the drill. He may get tired of the questions, but it's part of his job and I don't know why he has to act like such an a$$ about it. The "legit" media members are simply doing their jobs and they deserve to be treated with respect. Without the media and the fans NU would not have the program that it has.

Bo may be a defensive genius, but he has no class. I'm not calling for his job, though I will be shocked if he's a here a year from now. I'm just surprised that Husker fans aren't more bothered by his antics.

fans will put up with it as long as the program is sucessful, when he starts losing, he will be gone.....i predict this will be his roughest season, got valium?

i predict we forget about this as we go undefeated until indianapolis.

A couple of things here:

1) Get prepared to be shocked. I see no evidence to suggest Bo Pelini will not be the head coach at Nebraska in 2012.

2) Bo and the media go back to an often debated question of whether or not the media has any right to be at the practices. Technically they do, and technically they don't. Arguments can be made for both sides. I have no problem with what he said yesterday. It's not how I would have responded, but I also wouldn't have asked the question the way the reporter did. We were all praising Bo through the spring and fall for seeming to have opened up a little bit more, and now we are railing him for essentially defending his players and their integrity. Some crazy people post on this board.

3) Bo isn't going to change. It's year four, and he is essentially the same coach in 2008 that he is now. It's time people learn to deal with it or simply stop paying attention to the news.

It's amazing how in the course of a couple of days we got onto the subject of Pelini not being a good head coach. I wouldn't be surprised if Bo leaves this job just because he's sick of dealing with fans and media. That said, I doubt Bo loses a second of sleep at night over what people think of him.

it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference where Bo coached, his attitude would end up the same, along with similar media interaction.....he is who he is, not worth a damn at rising above the media fray, but nonetheless a pretty good coach, i think.

You've been predicting Bo's demise since 2009, as I recall. Stick with it. Sooner or later, you're bound to be right!

as usual you are wrong, this is the first time i have complained openly of his childish, unprofessional behavior......Knapp you get lost with your over active posts and don't remember who you read or what they said today, let alone 2 years ago.......give it up and turn on the TV dude, give it a break before you stroke out.

• Fire 2

You've been predicting Bo's demise since 2009, as I recall. Stick with it. Sooner or later, you're bound to be right!

as usual you are wrong, this is the first time i have complained openly of his childish, unprofessional behavior......Knapp you get lost with your over active posts and don't remember who you read or what they said today, let alone 2 years ago.......give it up and turn on the TV dude, give it a break before you stroke out.

So that wasn't you posting a thread titled "Is Pelini losing it already?" in October, 2009?