Post practice Bo interview. jeez

DaveH

I guess. But most of the 'ripping' comes from messageboards and classmates. Not dudes writing a story.

Media's done their fair share as well. Hell, the media guy asking the questions used the phrase "media onslaught" even. But I agree to some extent, most of the hard media criticism this week was directed at Tim Beck.

I love it. If that were my coach, I'd be damn proud.

At the beginning of the season everyone figured Nebraska would lose a couple games, not sure why everyone freaked out when it happened. The Coach isn't freaking out because he realizes he can't have a NC Team every year like all Nebraska fans expect.

I also don't think it's possible to find a reporter that sounds more terrified than that guy asking that question... st-st-st uh uh stutter :unsure:

• Fire 1

During today's LJS chat I asked Sipple if the press focused too much on the demeanor of players and coaches. He said yes, and he included himself in that. So even the honest local media will admit that they do spend too much time worrying about Bo's, Taylor's or anyone else's treatment of the press.

I think there is a difference between criticism and 'ripping'. The former should be expected from the press after a game like that.

The latter is Busch league that came from chicks in Spanish class and clowns on messageboards.

• Fire 1

Go, Bo!

Bo should not get angry or lash out at the media, but he knifed his point across and said "Thanks, guys" at the end. And I agree with him. None of the team cares what anyone says about them, and that's how it should be.

Bo has a bad history with the media and that's why this will be looked at critically - but I think it is more about his history with them and how he has treated them, and that inflates the criticism far too much. Be wary of the media this year, as I'm sure they'll be more than happy to pounce when they can, at least the ones that don't like this staff (hate to single out Dirk, who writes some good articles - but his bias deserves mention).

I hope at least the message board crowd can get behind Bo and let him know that, analysis, discussion, and criticism aside, at the end of the day we're in his corner.

Anyway, the only bad thing I can find with this is, Bo should understand that it's the media's job to ask these questions, and they have to, so being surprised and indignant at it is pointless.

I love it. If that were my coach, I'd be damn proud.

At the beginning of the season everyone figured Nebraska would lose a couple games, not sure why everyone freaked out when it happened. The Coach isn't freaking out because he realizes he can't have a NC Team every year like all Nebraska fans expect.

I also don't think it's possible to find a reporter that sounds more terrified than that guy asking that question... st-st-st uh uh stutter :unsure:

That was pretty funny. The guy knew he shouldn't even be asking the question. If only Bo would have said t-t-t-today junior.