Post practice Bo interview. jeez

DaveH

I'm starting to not care about anything anymore because of stuff like this. Wake me up when our program becomes respectable. Not "good" or "successful", but respectable.

I honestly don't care if we lose every game this year. I just want to respect the program that I root for, and I don't right now. It's sad I know.

I hear ya epoc. I am getting the same way. Sometimes I feel like we should just become like Wisconsin was. It is football, so lets have some fun and party win or lose. Heck, they make jokes about their teams and in all honesty it is pretty funny. I have been a Nebraska fan my whole life, but most of this stuff is just getting ridiculous and embarrassing.

The fan/media - coaches/players relationship is a two-way street. How do you expect Bo to react when the fans/media have been attacking his players' integrity all week long?

Taylor was a spoiled little intitled kid at the news conference. "We are putting last week behind us." "What you said." Nothing from him said, I played poorly, I am sorry, I am going to try to get better to help my team.

The fan/media - coaches/players relationship is a two-way street. How do you expect Bo to react when the fans/media have been attacking his players' integrity all week long?

Taylor was a spoiled little intitled kid at the news conference. "We are putting last week behind us." "What you said." Nothing from him said, I played poorly, I am sorry, I am going to try to get better to help my team.

Posts like this are why the players and coaches are pissed off at the media and at the fan base.

I do empathize with some of the media members a little bit - they're torn between trying to objectively report on the football team while simultaneously acting as the voice of a fan base which is not remotely objective. With that said, if the majority of fans don't feel the need to support the players when the players need it most, why should the players feel the need to be polite?

• Fire 2

I hope the team comes out and plays flat and we get absolutely embarrased at home by a hurting ohio st team. I hope we have another 07 type meltdown and an OSU and MISSOURI 07 beatdown. Then maybe, just maybe some of you negative morons could finally learn your lesson once and for all. Or maybe we could just pack you up and ship you to Boulder, where you would actually have something to complain about. and to the one the said Taylor had one of the worst performances of any quarterback ever. :wtf

This is ridiculous. And I'm not talking about Bo's reaction to the questions he was asked. I'm talking about the extremely subjective and complete misunderstanding by a majority of people on this board.

Imagine this. You just got fired from your job/scored a 45% on an exam. Then all week, you hear from people you don't even know, but people who know that you lost your job/scored a 45% on an exam; they call you stupid, how could you be so dumb? How could you lose your job? I thought you were a good employee... And then they start telling your wife/girlfriend/kids, "Your husband/boyfriend/father is a moron." How would you react? [imagine that you're going to be held to the same standard that Bo is being held to by an unrealistic fan base]. You have to understand that Bo and Taylor are human, one of them who is not fully mature yet [he's only 20]. Expecting them to give clean, respectful responses to people who have been complete a$$hole$ to them [even though they technically have "the right"] is completely unreasonable. None of us can say what Bo did was wrong, because I bet under the same circumstances, we would react no differently, in fact some of us might even make worse decisions.

This guy was applauded up and down the nation for his efforts to take care of his players. What Bo did could very well be a pretty sweet recruiting tool. Bo has the players' and coaches' backs. Don't let anyone tell you any different.

Well, unless you're name is Brion Carnes. In Bo's attempt to take up for Taylor, he took a few uncalled for shots at Brion and his ability which was completely unnecessary. The whole "wide gap" between Taylor and Brion, along with telling reporters "hell no" in regards to if he thought of playing Brion in the Wisconsin game.

Definitely uncalled for, and it didn't go unnoticed.

Bo needs to chill out though. We have a QB who has thrown more INTs than TDs this year, and has fumbled 9 times this season, while somehow losing none of them. But he is somehow acting as if it is pure blasphemy that people would criticize Taylor for doing this when he should be protecting the ball.

Bo just better keep winning, because the minute he really begins to struggle, the media will more ruthless on him than anyone else. They aren't going to forget what they have had to put up with over these past 4 years from him.

I hope the team comes out and plays flat and we get absolutely embarrased at home by a hurting ohio st team. I hope we have another 07 type meltdown and an OSU and MISSOURI 07 beatdown. Then maybe, just maybe some of you negative morons could finally learn your lesson once and for all. Or maybe we could just pack you up and ship you to Boulder, where you would actually have something to complain about. and to the one the said Taylor had one of the worst performances of any quarterback ever. :wtf

People need to get a grip...Taylor didn't even have THAT BAD of a game...he threw three costly picks...those were crucial in the game, but it wasn't all his fault...I actually hope we win tomorrow though! lol. There are so many negative, arm chair quarterbacks and coordinators on this board that it is sickening...but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some people provide very positive, and even objective input that is very useful. And there is also plenty of bashing and garbage on these boards....it's sad. We have been a spoiled fan base and we freak over 1 loss....plenty of season left.

Channel 5 news in omaha said after the cameras went off Bo came back out and ripped into two of the reporters who were supposedly smiling and shaking their heads during the interview. Others said it was "surreal"

DAMN

Good. Most of media=asshats. I understand it's their jobs...but they should be held to a higher standard too. I mean if they expect Bo to be nice and friendly, ask him questions that aren't going to elicit the response...or ask those tough questions in ways that aren't going to elicit the response.

This is ridiculous. And I'm not talking about Bo's reaction to the questions he was asked. I'm talking about the extremely subjective and complete misunderstanding by a majority of people on this board.

Imagine this. You just got fired from your job/scored a 45% on an exam. Then all week, you hear from people you don't even know, but people who know that you lost your job/scored a 45% on an exam; they call you stupid, how could you be so dumb? How could you lose your job? I thought you were a good employee... And then they start telling your wife/girlfriend/kids, "Your husband/boyfriend/father is a moron." How would you react? [imagine that you're going to be held to the same standard that Bo is being held to by an unrealistic fan base]. You have to understand that Bo and Taylor are human, one of them who is not fully mature yet [he's only 20]. Expecting them to give clean, respectful responses to people who have been complete a$$hole$ to them [even though they technically have "the right"] is completely unreasonable. None of us can say what Bo did was wrong, because I bet under the same circumstances, we would react no differently, in fact some of us might even make worse decisions.

This is probably the best post I've read regarding Martinez and Bo.

Thank you.

I have absolutely no problem with the way Bo reacted and the way he handled the media today. That presser was going fine with fair questions being asked pertaining to the game itself. The reporter who was stuttering over himself and who asked the question at the end that got Bo so heated was Jon Nyatawa from the Omaha World Herald. Now I have liked and respected much of Jon's articles and his reporting in the past, but his last question today to Bo in my opinion was completely out of bounds from a journalistic point of view. I think Bo had every right to react to that question in the manner in which he did.

Look everyone, Bo understands that the media is the fans only real inside access to the goings on of the program...he get's that part. When Bo gets mad is when the media starts asking questions that do not pertain to the game of football itself and when they try to create a story that isn't even there.

Maybe I am wrong on this, and if so please correct me fairly, but I truly had no problem with Bo's reaction to the media today at all. If anything it is the media that needs to act more professional.

Carry on Husker fans....

• Fire 4

I think both parties should handle themselves better...Bo and the media...

They should, however, I think the media just asks Bo those questions in that way just to make him react that way. It's like your big brother picking on you just because he knows you'll react by crying or yelling, which gets you in trouble with your parents. Meanwhile your brother says he did nothing while everyone yells at you.