Post practice Bo interview. jeez

DaveH

Good god! Some of you people need to decide what you want in a head coach! Do you want Bo, fiery and sticks up for his players? Or someone like Ferentz, boring and like talking to a cardboard box? I'd guess that some of you that want Bo to calm down are the same ones who didn't like Callahans sideline demeanor! Callahan was too calm and I remember several people that said they wanted an emotional coach on the sidelines. We as Husker fans have turned into a bunch of crybabies and feel like we are owed something........just be loud on gameday, support your team, and quit crying. It's embarrassing.........

Amen

I am sure the board gets its fair share of visitors checking out what is being said by fans. Football fans that are Huskers or opponents, players, and media all get a chance to read and see what the masses are saying by checking out the message boards.

I am sure the Media is going to report on stories that get interest on the board. (Why think of it on your own when you can get ideas for free) If fans are critical of a players/coaches performance you are going to see it in the media.

It is the nature of the beast when you deal with the media it is a fine line. Everybody is human and has their feelings hurt. Bo questions the media intentions, now the media reports him as being hot. You can't believe everything that comes out in the media, and they always put a spin that will sell their version. No one is going to win, they just report, and they move on to the next story.

I am just hoping that the Husker players, staff, and coaches who read the board still see that they still have support and encouragement as well, not everyone is ready to start second guessing every decision or action made.

:bigredn:

The problem is Bo has already handled scrutiny of the defense in a genius diplomatic matter, explaining youth, explaining that you never panic, stay the course, etc. He's given excellent interviews and conferences this year and then in one week both he and the 'leader' quarterback put on airs like it's the media's fault Taylor can't hit wide open checkdowns. That Bo, Beck, and Tmart are getting fair, accurate, and deserved criticism should come as a shock to no one.

And let's be clear about something. Nobody is jeopardized by this now. Bo's not losing a wink of sleep over it, that's for sure. But when the chips are really down--like if we find out he can't actually fix this defense--and the offense is sputtering in week 12, or we're sitting home watching someone else go to the CCG, all the bile from these press conferences will have set the stage for an ugly offseason.

You're paid three million a year for this gig, of which the media will always be a part. Figure it out.

like i said, if you are paid a professional wage, you are obligated to act like a pro........put the beer bottle down Bo.

The media sucks. I was going to try to come up with some clever way of making my point.....but they just suck. To steal a title from a Jim Carrey movie, they come in two types...dumb and dumber. It's no wonder Bo hates the media.

I read too much Huskerboard. I read that first sentence and automatically added "who can we steal?"....

• Fire 1

Dealing with the media is part of the job when you are a highly paid head coach at a major program like NU. This isn't his first year, and he knows the drill. He may get tired of the questions, but it's part of his job and I don't know why he has to act like such an a$$ about it. The "legit" media members are simply doing their jobs and they deserve to be treated with respect. Without the media and the fans NU would not have the program that it has.

Bo may be a defensive genius, but he has no class. I'm not calling for his job, though I will be shocked if he's a here a year from now. I'm just surprised that Husker fans aren't more bothered by his antics.

• Fire 3

Dealing with the media is part of the job when you are a highly paid head coach at a major program like NU. This isn't his first year, and he knows the drill. He may get tired of the questions, but it's part of his job and I don't know why he has to act like such an a$$ about it. The "legit" media members are simply doing their jobs and they deserve to be treated with respect. Without the media and the fans NU would not have the program that it has.

Bo may be a defensive genius, but he has no class. I'm not calling for his job, though I will be shocked if he's a here a year from now. I'm just surprised that Husker fans aren't more bothered by his antics.

A couple of things here:

1) Get prepared to be shocked. I see no evidence to suggest Bo Pelini will not be the head coach at Nebraska in 2012.

2) Bo and the media go back to an often debated question of whether or not the media has any right to be at the practices. Technically they do, and technically they don't. Arguments can be made for both sides. I have no problem with what he said yesterday. It's not how I would have responded, but I also wouldn't have asked the question the way the reporter did. We were all praising Bo through the spring and fall for seeming to have opened up a little bit more, and now we are railing him for essentially defending his players and their integrity. Some crazy people post on this board.

3) Bo isn't going to change. It's year four, and he is essentially the same coach in 2008 that he is now. It's time people learn to deal with it or simply stop paying attention to the news.

It's amazing how in the course of a couple of days we got onto the subject of Pelini not being a good head coach. I wouldn't be surprised if Bo leaves this job just because he's sick of dealing with fans and media. That said, I doubt Bo loses a second of sleep at night over what people think of him.

2) Bo and the media go back to an often debated question of whether or not the media has any right to be at the practices. Technically they do, and technically they don't.

Under no circumstances, either professionally or legally, does the media have any right whatsoever to be at practice.

I suppose, Nebraska being a public institution, the media could attempt to force their way in under FOIA, but even that won't get it done - likely the courts would rule that the team has a right to privacy under an amateur version of a trade secret protection (and yes I know I'm explaining that horribly, we can have a lawerly type chime in if they like).

If a court ruled that the media has rights to practice, likely the only thing they'd be able to get, after a FOIA request was submitted, would be tapes of practices from weeks, if not months prior. I can't see any legal method by which the press could force the university's hand into letting them attend live practices.

Enhance, you've mentioned that you're a J-school student. Have your instructors said anything about any possible method of gaining entrance to practice? I would be really curious to know how they'd do it.

2) Bo and the media go back to an often debated question of whether or not the media has any right to be at the practices. Technically they do, and technically they don't.

Under no circumstances, either professionally or legally, does the media have any right whatsoever to be at practice.

I suppose, Nebraska being a public institution, the media could attempt to force their way in under FOIA, but even that won't get it done - likely the courts would rule that the team has a right to privacy under an amateur version of a trade secret protection (and yes I know I'm explaining that horribly, we can have a lawerly type chime in if they like).

If a court ruled that the media has rights to practice, likely the only thing they'd be able to get, after a FOIA request was submitted, would be tapes of practices from weeks, if not months prior. I can't see any legal method by which the press could force the university's hand into letting them attend live practices.

Enhance, you've mentioned that you're a J-school student. Have your instructors said anything about any possible method of gaining entrance to practice? I would be really curious to know how they'd do it.

i don't think it is a FOIA issue. i just don't think they have a right to be there regardless. if they did, would that mean that anyone could sit in any class, any time? it is not a protected right of the media's and it is not the duty of the school or coaches to divulge all activity.

For the record I don't think it's a FOIA issue, either. I'm grasping at straws on how the media "has a right" to be at practice, is all.

sure. and that might be their best argument, as UNL is a public institution. but nonetheless, i think letting reporters at practice is a courtesy, at best.

It's ridiculous how limited media access is through our athletic department. I hate it. I think Bo think's it's a competitive advantage, and the compliance office is just asking to be investigated.

I'll tell you what, they found themselves a coach in Bo who hates the media as much as UNL media relations

It's ridiculous how limited media access is through our athletic department. I hate it. I think Bo think's it's a competitive advantage, and the compliance office is just asking to be investigated.

I'll tell you what, they found themselves a coach in Bo who hates the media as much as UNL media relations

What are you talking about? The media has no less access here than any other school. What more access to this school, team, etc should they have? And why in the world do you trust the media with greater access?